1st February 2011, 02:24 PM
megha sh

Can I do M.A. in Economics after BBA?

I am doing BBA .now i want to do M.A. in economics from Delhi University. what am I eligible for M.A. in economics

1st February 2011, 05:04 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I do M.A. in Economics after BBA?

Dear friend,
I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible for M.A after BBA...
Only after B.A ypu can go for M.A.
1st February 2011, 05:09 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: Can I do M.A. in Economics after BBA?

Dear friend,
I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible for M.A after BBA...
Only after B.A ypu can go for M.A.
1st February 2011, 07:05 PM
satyabroto

Smile Re: Can I do M.A. in Economics after BBA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by megha sh View Post
I am doing BBA .now i want to do M.A. in economics from Delhi University. what am I eligible for M.A. in economics
Hello, if u have 55% marks in in your BBA then you can appear for the entrnce exams in JNU , JAMIA, ISI, DSE. after clearing the entrance exam you have to face the interview to get admission.
But if you are planning to pursure this from correspondence then you can go for IGNOU, where no eligibility is required, admission is on the basis of walk in admission.
1st February 2011, 09:03 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

BBA is a professional course which is designed for studying the business activities
and to give a a broad knowledge of the functional areas of a company.
One may find interest in Economics while studying business related courses like BBA
but as per course content BBA is not at all related with Economics.

The eligibility criteria for admission in M.A. in Economics in most of the universities is
a Bachelor’s degree in Economics / Mathematics / Statistics / Physics / Engineering
under the 10+2+3 pattern of education. Also one should have studies Mathematics
in class 12th(Science).

Therefore, you are not eligible to get admission in M.A. in Economics.

If you are interested to study Economics I would suggest you to continue your study
in business i.e. MBA and in addition to that self study on key points of Economics
as per your interest. If you study it very well on your own you will definitely get
benefits and a good job for sure.

Thank You
1st February 2011, 09:06 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

To Do M.A In Economics, You Have To Passed In a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering under the 10+2+3 pattern of education with at least 50% marks in aggregate and with either Mathematics or Statistics as a subject.

So, Please check From The Above Given Eligiblity, If You Fulfill The Eligiblity Creteria, Then You Are Eligible For This Course And The admission to the Programme is Through an all-India Written Test.

The test is Basically Check The knowledge of candidates in Micro-economics, Macro-Sconomics, mathematics, and Statistics and some related subjects such as Public Economics and Economic Development.

So, If You Are Interested To Applying for the Course of M.A in Economics Then You Should hold a pass certificate of 10 and 12th from any recognized Board With a Minimum aggregate of 60% marks which may differ from institution to institution. Students should also Complete their Bachelor’s Degree Under any registered University.
1st February 2011, 09:24 PM
yusra banday

yes, you can opt for masters in Economics,but since you have undergraduate in
Business Administration so it wil be better for you to continue with
MBA,also it is considered as proffesional degree and is also most upcoming and
demanding.
1st February 2011, 09:33 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

actually NO.
for doing MA in economics you have to be a Bachelor's in economics, maths, physics, statistics, engineering under the 10+2+3 pattern of education.
so instead of thinking about it you should continue with your course study and be an MBA.
1st February 2011, 09:54 PM
Irfan bashir

yes u can do if economics have been u r subject in bba and mostly the college economics is quite different and limited in management courses .u can do MBA as u have done BBA .sp plz contact some more experts over the issue.
1st February 2011, 10:11 PM
diego
Banned

sorry friend but you can not do M.A. economics since the eligibility requirement for M.A. economics is B.A.(honours/B.Sc.(honours) ... in fact the course will be considered as honours only if it has 55% of total marks in economics paper.
please refer to the page 9 (the bottom ) of the M.A. economics handbook.
of DU. Attached with this answer.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf du eligibility.pdf(81.5 KB, 299 views)
1st February 2011, 11:54 PM
khan2003

Dear Megha, you should be graduate in economics, maths, statistic and physics with 50% marks.

If you are interested in MA in Eco. then you can opt any other univ. like MDU Rohtak, SAGAR UNIV. CCS MEERUT etc or by the distance mode.

best of luck
1st February 2011, 11:57 PM
khan2003

Dear Megha, you should be graduate in economics, maths, statistic and physics with 50% marks.

If you are interested in MA in Eco. then you can opt any other univ. like MDU Rohtak, SAGAR UNIV. CCS MEERUT etc or by the distance mode.

best of luck
2nd February 2011, 12:42 AM
swati biswas

Dear Friend
As far as my knowledge is concerned, you are not eligible to pursue M.A. in economics. To apply for the course of masters in economics one has to have a minimum of bachelor's degree in either Economics or mathematics or statistics or engineering or physics. One thing which you can definitely do is to sit for CAT/MAT/XAT/SNAP or other examinations and opt for MBA or PGDM or if you are very much keen in pursuing economics as your domain then you may definitely prepare for IAS examination or CSAT after completion of your BBA and choose Economics as your subject for main examination.
remember one thing my dear intelligent friend, degree do have their share of importance but one thing that counts most is the passion. so if you have passion and urge to study and work on economics then you should go ahead and prepare yourself for administering the nation.
all the very best
may you achieve your goal
best wishes
11th March 2011, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

as i am a student of bba 1st year and i mam havng interest in economics , i want to study economics then what should i do, what are the grduation program to which i can apply ?
13th March 2011, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

can i do m.com after bba so that i can take admission in mba after doing 3 yrs bachelor and 2 yrs masters degree??

thanx in advance.......plz reply me soon
8th April 2011, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

can i do ma economics after bba?
21st April 2011, 10:52 AM
Unregistered

bba is a goverment degree?
28th April 2011, 12:52 AM
Unregistered

Dear all

I'm a student of BBA I want ro take admision on M.A History/ geography as well I'm a student of arts in class 11, 12 can I admit in M.A in reputed university IN bangalore what is there criteria in M.A? Reply soon
27th June 2011, 08:46 AM
Unregistered

i hv completed my bba.my main target is bank po..bt rt nw m nt eligible fr bank po it wil take 6 months fr me to get graduate n similarly 1 yr wil b reqd fr results of po....so if i do mba durin dat tym it wil b wastage of money ..spending 10 lac on mba n den leavng mba in btween...
m planning to do ma eco n sidewise gv po exams will it give me an edge or mba is better option???
1st November 2011, 01:17 AM
Unregistered

Sir i m pursuing 4 bba and want 2 do m.com , sir m i eligible 4 this? Plz sir
4th November 2011, 09:08 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

Dear Friend
As far as my knowledge is concerned, you are not eligible to pursue M.A. in economics. To apply for the course of masters in economics one has to have a minimum of bachelor's degree in either Economics or mathematics or statistics or engineering or physics. One thing which you can definitely do is to sit for CAT/MAT/XAT/SNAP or other examinations and opt for MBA or PGDM or if you are very much keen in pursuing economics as your domain then you may definitely prepare for IAS examination or CSAT after completion of your BBA and choose Economics as your subject for main examination.
remember one thing my dear intelligent friend, degree do have their share of importance but one thing that counts most is the passion. so if you have passion and urge to study and work on economics then you should go ahead and prepare yourself for administering the nation.
all the very best
best wishes
10th November 2011, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

Can I do MA in Economics after my BBA in economics?
10th November 2011, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

Can I do MA in Economics after my BBA in economics?
27th November 2011, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

c.c.s m.a 2sem economics result 2010-2011
9th May 2012, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

sir,
can i do ma.eco after bbe?actuly i hv 49.89%marks in my graduation and i m from sc caste.is dere any relaxation in marks for sc???
18th July 2012, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

can b.com students can do M.A economics
1st September 2012, 10:36 AM
Unregistered

i hv done bba and now i want to do ma in economics private....from punjab university.....plz tell me if i m eligible???
26th September 2012, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

can i do ma in economics honours after doing ba in economics.
27th February 2013, 03:34 AM
Unregistered

I am Studying BBA-General (3 years) from Sikkim Manipal University Directorate of Distance Education. While sitting in Kuwait. I want to pursue my PG in Economics. I am not an Indian National, just tell me any university in Pakistan, Malaysia, Turkey, China or Cyprus. Offers Master in Economics (With specialization), after pursuing BBA from the university mentioned above.

Thank you
27th February 2013, 05:10 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by megha sh View Post
HI!
I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for M.A Economics.
If you want to do M.A Economics then you have to pass graduation with Economics.

You have other option like M.B.A.
For admission in top college you have to qualify the entrance exam like:-
> C.A.T
> M.A.T
> G.M.AT
> X.A.T
etc

ALL THE BEST!
5th April 2013, 12:21 AM
Unregistered

i have done B.com (p) from DU now i wanna do MA in economics am i eligible for that plz reply ASAP
25th April 2013, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

I'm Pousali Banerjee. I have appeared on 10 2 this year. I'm a student of commerce having english, bengali as language subjects.
My main subjects are accountancy, business economics including business maths and business organisation.
My fourth/additional subject is pure math.
Can I be able to do geography honours after passing 10 2?
11th April 2017, 03:12 AM
Unregistered

I'm BA simple pass student and i want to MA in Economics .so it's possible plz tel.i'm waiting for your answer...
16th September 2017, 11:33 PM
Unregistered

I have done bba from puc l have read economics for 3 semesters and statistics for 1 semester. Am I eligible for MA economics. Waiting for your answer

Charanjit Verma
9th January 2018, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas.europhia View Post
Dear Friend
As far as my knowledge is concerned, you are not eligible to pursue M.A. in economics. To apply for the courseBA
If masters in economics one has to have a minimum of bachelor's degree in either Economics or mathematics or statistics or engineEconomics?physics. One thing which you can definitely do is to sit for CAT/MAT/XAT/SNAP or other examinations and opt for MBA or PGDM or if you are very much keen in pursuing economics as your domain then you may definitely prepare for IAS examination or CSAT after completion of your BBA and choose Economics as your subject for main examination.
all the very best
best wishes
Dear In our university we study Economics as a hole then it's going to separate in to different departments here BA is depend on the faculty of Economics so I prefferd BA from four departments
1) National Economics
2) Business Administration
3)Finance And Banking
4)Commerce
We depend Economics faculty whenever I graduate they will write in faculty field (Economics )
Department :BA

So can I take master degree in Economics
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?