16th July 2012, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

Can I be eligible for IAS and IPS exam after having an eyesight of -3 for both the eyes?

My height 180cms, my chest 92, but having an eyesight of -3 for both the eyes, can i eligible?

2nd October 2012, 06:00 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I be eligible for IAS and IPS exam after having an eyesight of -3 for both the eyes?

Hello dear,
Yes, definitely you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination after completing your Graduate course to become IAS Officer, IAS stands for Indian Administrative services and to become IAS you need to cracked the UPSC Civil services examination.

This examination is conducted by UPSC, every year and the notification will be published in the employment Newspaper or in the official UPSC website.

When the notification Published online registrations was already started and eligible candidates fill the application form online from the official website of UPSC, Graduation is the minimum requirement to apply for this examination, final year graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

This examination is conducted in these 2 stages, preliminary examination and Main examination.

Firstly, you have to cracked the preliminary examination, this examination is objective one and there are two papers in this examination and you have to appear for both papers in same day. If you cracked this examination, you are eligible for Mains. For Civil service examination, you need to choose two optionals for Mains exam.

To be eligible for this exam, you must in the age group 21-30 yrs (relaxation for reserved category). Number of attempts are also limited, 4 for general, 6 for OBC, while SC/ST no limit.

Notification is going to be published soon next year in Month of February, if you are interested then please apply for this examination online, when notification Published.

You have to prepared for this examination as per the pattern and syllabus, you can collect syllabus from the previous notifications from the official website.

If you need more details then please visit the official website of UPSC.

To become IPS officer, you have to write Civil service exam conducted by UPSC. To apply for this examination, you have to complete your Graduate degree course from a recognised board and your age should between 21 to 30 years, upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

IPS is one of the All India Allied services provided, once you clear this exam. The post highly competitive among aspirants. Designations like DSP, SP , Commissioner are given to passouts after training for IPS. After selection, you will be trained for two in IPS academy in Hyderabad.

The notification of CSE Examination is going to be published soon next year in the month of February and eligible candidates may fill the application form online only.

No, offline application form facility is applicable for any candidates in this examination.

The examination is conducted in 2 stages, preliminary and Mains, Firstly, you have to cracked the preliminary examination, this is objective and there are two papers in this examination. If you cracked this stage, then you are eligible for Mains.

The main examination is Descriptive and you have to choose the optional subjects for Main examination.

You have to prepared for this examination as per the pattern and syllabus, only then you will be able to cracked this examination, If you face any problem then you can join some good coaching classes.

For more details about this examination, please check the official website of UPSC.

with regards
sumit
9th November 2012, 09:37 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I be eligible for IAS and IPS exam after having an eyesight of -3 for both the eyes?

Dear Friend,

The Examination which is conducted for the posts of IAS/IPS is commonly known as the Civil Services Exam.

The Civil Services Exam is conducted every year by the Union Public Service Commission.

Now whether you are eligible for IAS & IPS Exam or not , it will be clarified from the below mentioned essential Requisites for the Civil Services Exam which determines that whether a candidate is eligible for the same or not.

The Essential Requisites for the Civil Services Examination are :

a) You must hold a Bachelor`s Degree in any discipline.

b) Your age must lie in the age group of 21-30 years if you are a General Category Candidate.

c) Relaxation in age will be granted if you belong to any of the Reserved Categories.

d) You must be an Indian Citizen.

e) Physical Standards :

So , Just have a close look on the above mentioned and then think that if you abide all the above mentioned then you are definitely eligible for the Civil Services Exam.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
20th March 2013, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

I HAVE GONE THROUGH LASIK OPERATION OF EYE , I WANT TO KNOW CAN I APPLY TO EXAM OF IAS
3rd April 2013, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

i has a eyesight of 6/36 in both eyes am i eligible for IAS or IES or IFS exams please reply?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?