30th June 2012, 10:24 AM
Unregistered

Can i fill the form of Air force if my aggregate in B.Tech is 68% in electrical branch?

my aggregate is 68% in b.tech in electrical branch with two back-locks the results are awaited.... first sem back nd sixth sem back...can i fill the form of air force... the last date of filling form is 9july...rply argent...please...

7th July 2012, 12:09 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i fill the form of Air force if my aggregate in B.Tech is 68% in electrical branch?

Hai,

Iam sorry to say this you are not eligible for Indian Airforce being a candidate with backlogs in graduation.

The candidate who completes his/her graduation in any stream from a recognised university or a candidates who are appearing final year graduation exams is also eligible.
For this you have to write Combined Defence Service exam, this exam was conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission)two times in a year.

i.e CDS-I and CDS-II.

Details about this exam:-

The candidate who are applying this exam is complete graduation or equivalent from a recognised university or the candidates who are persuing final year graduation is also eligible.

In this exam there are four wings

Indian Naval academy,

Indian military academy,

Indian airforce,

Officer training academy.

The candidate should be a citizen of india and must be a physically fit. Male and female candidates both are eligible for this exam.

Age criteria:-

For naval academy--> 19 years to 22 years,

For airforce academy-->19 years to 23 years,

For military academy--> 19 years to 24 years,

For officer training academy--> 19 years to 25 years.

Selection process:-

Written examination,

Personal interview.

Syllabus for written exam:-

General awareness--> 100marks,

General english--> 100marks,

Elementary mathematics--> 100 marks.

Total 300 marks.

For more details visit the below website
www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?