12th May 2014, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for CSAT if completed engineering in 5 years?

sir,
i just completed my be (ece) with 60 percent but in 5 years due to my health problems when i am in 4 semister of my graduation.i just want to know weather i am eligible for applying afcat?
Thanks in advance.

15th May 2014, 10:47 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for CSAT if completed engineering in 5 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,
i just completed my be (ece) with 60 percent but in 5 years due to my health problems when i am in 4 semister of my graduation.i just want to know weather i am eligible for applying afcat?
Thanks in advance.
Hey friend,

AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test

This course is conducted for candidates to join in Air Force and there are 3 branches of joining in the force and they are:
  • Ground Duty Branch
  • Technical Branch
  • Flying Branch

There are criteria's which are needed to be satisfied as like all other exams and the eligibility needed are:

Ground Duty Branch:

>> The candidate should have a Citizenship in India

>> The candidate should have a age limit of 20-27 years of age.

>> The education qualification needed for the branch is that the candidate must have completed a UG/PG degree with at least 60% aggregate.

Technical Branch:

>> The age limit needed is 18-28 years of age.

>> Education qualification needed is that the candidate must have completed Aeronautical Engineering.

Flying Branch:

>> Age limit needed for the branch is 19-23 years of age.

>> Education qualification needed of the branch is that the candidate must have B.E/B.Tech degree with at least 60% aggregate.

If you are going to satisfy all these criteria for the respected Branch then you can apply for the AFCAT Exam

ALL THE BEST
15th May 2014, 11:11 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I appear for CSAT if completed engineering in 5 years?

As you asking here about your problem that as you saying that you have already completed your engineering degree study and takes a big gap of 5years due to your health related problem. So I am going to tell you about your problem and try to solve your problem so as you want to give CSAT test which stands for ” Civil Service Aptitude Test”. And as per the rule of CSAT you can give that test that you must have an Indian nationality people and if that not you must have related to Nepal or Bhutan.

And there is a another eligibility criteria that is an age issue and the limit is to be age between 21 to 30 years old and above 30 and before 21 years of age you can’t give or you are not eligible for CSAT exam. So if you are comes in age between 21 to 30 then you are eligible for the exam.

It doesn't matter about your gap between your studies.And it doesn't matter which stream you have I mean in engineering or any other stream so you can apply for CSAT exam. For that you have to prepare for your preliminary test to qualify.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?