11th January 2012, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in merchant navy course after having an eyesight of -0.5 and -1.65?

Hi,
My eyesight is -0.5 and -1.65. can I get admission in merchant navy courses of India.

16th February 2012, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I get admission in merchant navy course after having an eyesight of -0.5 and -1.65?

my eye sight is -3 for both eyes can i get admission in merchant navy after 2
16th February 2012, 11:43 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in merchant navy course after having an eyesight of -0.5 and -1.65?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
My eyesight is -0.5 and -1.65. can I get admission in merchant navy courses of India.
Eligibility criteria for Merchant Navy course
  1. Unmarried male and female candidate are eligible .
  2. Candidates passing 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics are eligible for Merchant Navy course.
  3. Age requirement is not more than 20 years.
  4. SC/ST Students 25 years is maximum age , these categories are given relaxation of five years.

Post in Merchant Navy for which you can apply

1. Deck Cadets Post
  2. Navigating Officers Post
THE EYESIGHT PARAMETER FOR MERCHANT NAVY EXAM

So i think you are not applicable for Merchant Navy exam.

1st March 2012, 12:37 AM
michael_scofield

Yes definitely.

You can join merchant navy directly after your mechanical engineering,you have to undergo a 10 month pre-sea training in marine engineering offered by many institues like MERI,mumbai and kolkata etc. or it is also offered by recruiting company itself.After that you will be appoint as a 5th engineer or tranee engineer with the stipend of anything between 20,000-40,000 per month.After few years of experiance say 5-7 years you will be able to become a chief engineer with the monthly salary of anything between 2-4 lacs per month.

Remember,you have to be medically fit in all respect.

Best of luck
4th March 2012, 03:22 PM
Dexter_Morgan

ELIGIBILITY/AGE LIMIT Admission is open to both unmarried male and female candidates; age should not be more than 20 years

ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS
Candidates need to show proof of completing 10+2 system or equivalent, having passed Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics as elective subjects.

Some of the Qualifying Examinations are as follows: -

All India Senior School Certificate Examination of CBSE -
Higher Secondary Examination (from any Central/State Board of Secondary Education) -
Indian School Certificate Examination of Council of Indian School of Examination, New Delhi - Intermediate Science/Technical or 2-year pre-university examination -
Final Examination of 2-year course of Joint Service Wing of the NDA -
1st year examination of a 5-year integrated course from an IIT-
or IIT recognised institution/university -
1st year examination of a 3-year degree course of any recognised Indian University

For complete information please visit the following link:
http://www.educationinfoindia.com/marinefaq.htm

Best of luck
14th April 2013, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

I am eligible for marine engineering with all the educationally, mentally and physically.But I have an eye sight of -1.75.can I join in merchant navy?
23rd January 2014, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir, I am a final year student of b.tech mechanical engineering. my b.tech will be completed by May 2014. i am interested to join in merchant navy but i have eyesight of -2.5 in left eye and -2.75 in right eye. i have learnt that /- 2.5 are eligible but i have slightly more than that i want to whether i will be eligible for merchant navy or not.
srikanth.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?