28th December 2012, 03:24 PM
jayashree routray

Can I get a good job opportunity in physical education like Lectureship? How to appear for NET?

can i get a good job oppertunity in physical education like lectureship? i want to appear NET. From where i will get idea about this exam.

4th July 2013, 12:04 AM
homikohli

Location: K1-8, shahrpura, P.O.-sindri, Dist-Dhanbad,Jharkhand 828122
Default Re: Can I get a good job opportunity in physical education like Lectureship? How to appear for NET?

Yes of coure you can get good job opportunity in Physical education subject. There many universities are there in which this subject is a mandatory subject. You can see the list of Subjects of UGC NET there is Physical Education in the list of no. 47.

To see your subject in UGC NET list go to www.ugcnetonline.in/subjects.php. After Completing UGC entrance test you have to apply for different universities for Lecturer post for Physical Education subject.

University Grants Commission conducts NET and JRF exam for Lecturer post in all universities in India. The eligibility critieria for both exam is 55% and above marks in Gradudation.

The Age criteria for JRF exam is below than 28 years but there is no any age limit for NET exam.

You can apply online and see the other criteria in www.ugcnetonline.in. Best of luck.
4th July 2013, 05:33 PM
PAKODI KAUR

Default Re: Can I get a good job opportunity in physical education like Lectureship? How to appear for NET?

yes, no field is small. you can definitely have a good future with physical education. All you need to do is being the master of it and then apply for a job in some reputed college or school or other such institute. Moreover, you can pursue Phd in it. As far as getting admission in NET is concerned, you will get whole information online and for further details, you should contact to the near by cafe at your place where the person gives whole information
Thank you
4th July 2013, 06:33 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You can appear for the National Eligibility Test to become college lecturer for physical education. However it is only possible if you have completed post graduation degree in physical education.

If you don't have post graduation degree for physical education then you can not appear for the National Eligibility Test. If yes then please do not hesitate to apply if you are meeting the percentage criteria.

The National Eligibility Test is conducted by University Grants Commission. You will have to wait till December to appear for it. Although the exam is also conducted in June but obviously it is not possible to appear for it this year.

It should be remember that NET exam is conducted for central government colleges. For state government colleges each state conducts the State Eligibility Test.

NET Eligibility

1. You must have Indian nationality.

2. Master's degree from a recognized college.

3. Secure at least 55 percent marks in PG.

4. SC/ST need 50 percent marks.

5. Final year students can also apply.

6. Final year students should submit the master's degree in 2 years.

7. To appear for Physical Education, you must have completed PG in it.

8. Age limit is 28 years but for JRF candidates.

9. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

10. Upto 5 years relaxation for SC/ST.

11. No upper age limit for lectureship.
27th September 2015, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to get 55% marks in graduation as well as master degree for lecturership post
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?