7th March 2015, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

Can I get a government job in India after scoring 63% in BE

MY BE mark is 63%. My SSLC mark is 80.1% and +2 mark is 70.7%. Can I get gov job in India.

27th March 2015, 05:45 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get a government job in India after scoring 63% in BE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
MY BE mark is 63%. My SSLC mark is 80.1% and +2 mark is 70.7%. Can I get gov job in India.
Yes, you can definitely apply for any government post stated by various departments in government organization in India that meets your educational as well as age criteria. Since you have 1st division throughout your educational qualifications, therefore you can easily apply for the most of the jobs released by the government for its different sector.

After completing Graduation, you can apply for IBPS examination, if your aim is to join Banking sector. In now a days there are lots of competition in the banking sector. If you are interested to join a government sector, then better to prepare for competitive examinations. If you cracked the competitive examinations with good marks, then definitely your chances to get government job is high.

In nowadays, mostly exams are conducted online, and to cracked the entrance test, you need lots of practice and hard work. Without crack any competitive examinations, you are not getting the government job.

You can apply for the Indian Engineering Services (I.E.S) conducted by the UPSC if your B.E. degree is relevant to the I.E.S Exams. Also, you can apply for the jobs that come under Administration Department, Banking Sector, Insurance Sector, ONGC, SAIL, GAIL, Ordinance factory, etc.
27th March 2015, 08:06 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Please note that

# Your academic performance in B.E is quite good. You have secured 63% marks in aggregate.

# You have the eligibility criteria for so many posts in Central Government, State Government, Banking sector, Public Sector Undertakings, insurance sector etc.

# Firstly, you are advised to try to get job in engineering sector by applying in Indian Engineering Service (IES) conducted by UPSC annually. The prescribed eligibility criteria for IES is:

* Any engineering degree
* Minimum age must be 21 years
* Maximum age must be 30 years
* Permanent resident of Indian territory

# You can even go for other competitive examinations for Government jobs. For this, you apply in
* IBPS Exams for Banking sector
* Railway exams for various posts like Station Master, Goods Guards, Traffic Apprentice, Commercial Apprentice etc
* SSC Graduate Level Examination

# You can even go for apply CDS Examination in order to get recruited in defence forces. For CDS Examination you are required that

* Any graduate
* 19-22 years of age for Indian Navy
* 19-23 years of age for Air Force Academy (AFA)
* 19-24 years of age for Indian Military Academy (IMA)
* 19-25 years of age for Officer Training Academy (OTA)
* Marital status must be unmarried
27th March 2015, 08:37 PM
gopalasamudrum
Senior Member+

Yes, you can apply for government exam after B.E.,

>>IBPS - Banking sector

>>RRB - Railway

>>GATE - Public sector jobs

>>SBI PO -Probationary officer

>>Civil service exam

>>Indian Engineering Service

>>Engineering Service exam

>>BSNL JTO (Junior Telecom Officer)

etc.,
27th March 2015, 08:50 PM
PRASHANT8149
Senior Member+

Yes, you can get government job for sure. As, you have secured good marks academically so you are eligible for almost all government jobs.

You can apply for different UPSC exams, SSC exams for job in government sector. You can apply for Civil Service exam that is conducted by UPSC for the post of IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS. Also you can apply for State PSCs exams for job in state government departments. You have to prepare for English, General Awareness, Mathematics, Reasoning for cracking these exams.

If you are interested in jobs in Indian Army, Air Force or Indian Navy, you can aaply for CDS ( Combined Defence Service Exam ), UES ( University Entry Scheme ) etc. You have to prepare these exam well and in the last round you have to face SSB Interview, so you have to prepare for that because it is suppose to be the toughest interview.

You can also apply in Banking sector for the post of clerk and Probationary Officer. You can apply for IBPS Exam, SBI PO and Clerk exam etc. IBPS conducted exam twice a year for the post of PO and clerk in 21 banks.

Also you can apply for job in Public Sector Units like ONGC, BHEL, SAIL, GAIL, BEL etc

If you are technical good you can apply for IES ( Indian Engineering Services ) Exam. IES Exam is conducted by UPSC every year.
27th March 2015, 10:18 PM
sanspeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
As per your academics is overall good so it is advisable that you can get the govt jobs but you have to qualify the competative exam conducted by the various department.

I would like to suggest as you are from the engineering stream so you can apply for the PSU by writing the GATE exam.

As in the competition there is not as much weightage of academics marks but it must fulfill the eligibilty conditions.

Also the weightage of your marks can be helpful at the times of interviews.

For govt jobs there is not any direct reqruitment of the candidate one should have to pass the exam conducted by their governing bodies.

these are the fields you can opt as per your qualification..

IAS

IES (Indian engineering services)

state govt engineering jobs

BANKING JOBS.
27th March 2015, 10:43 PM
Member+

Dear,
You are B.Tech by profession and there is huge need of Engineers in government sector. You have a Sky of options in government Jobs. Firstly you have to prepare of competitive examination. and have to appear for different government jobs interview. There is a huge need of engineers in Indian Railways in upcoming days. You can also prepare for UPSC examination for Indian Engineering Services.

Best of Luck
28th March 2015, 07:16 AM
Unregistered

for the civil engineering students ofter completed the b.e .....how many exam.is there to move ahead for the master degree
28th March 2015, 11:39 AM
er.animesh6
Member+

Yes you are eligible for Government jobs in India after scoring 63% in BE.

The Government jobs you can apply for is listed below

1. Junior Scientist/Engineer in ISRO.

2. Engineer in DRDO.

3. Section Engineer in Indian Railways.

4. Engineer in Indian Engineering Service Examination.

5. For the post of State Bank of India Probationary officer.

6. IAS officer in IAS examination.

7. Air force Engineer through AFCAT examination.

There are few other Government job you can apply with GATE score.

--> SAIL.

--> GAIL.

--> ONGC.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?