25th May 2011, 04:17 PM
sarthakagrawal

Can I get in IIM or provisional basis?

i am a 3rd year b.tech student and may be i will get a back or two this year, which i have to clear it in the 4th year in may 2012. i am preparing for cat. and my 4th year result will come around august 2012. by that time the GD/PI is over and even the results are out of selected students by then. so can i get admission in iim on provisional basis i.e. if i clear the backs i will get admission otherwise not??

26th May 2011, 08:33 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get in IIM or provisional basis?

Dear Friend

Your result would neither be demanded at the time of entrance test nor at the time
making calls for GD-PI.

So, selection to some some IIM will not be obstructed due to your present backs in
some paper.

If the final result of your college comes in the month of august, you can't show
your result before that, so you will have time till August to produce your result
for the confirmation of your admission.

If you are asked to show result before August you can show a certificate from your
college mentioning the delay in the publishing of result.
26th May 2011, 06:40 PM
mandiv

hello....
dear there is no requirement of presenting your marksheet at the of entrance test as well as at the time of GD/IP....
therefore you may apply in certain IIMs and can give a proof of late result by the university.......
so get going....
all the best for both your backs as well as CAT
23rd November 2012, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

HELLO. . .
i have 87% in 10th, 83 in 12th and 71% in b tech. i was failed in 16 subjects in my b tech. but i passed those subjects with in my 4 years b tech period. i this creates any problem to get admission in iim A, iim B iim c?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?