17th September 2012, 12:33 PM

Can I give CAT Exam after completion of 12th Class? How to prepare for this Exam?

dear sir,
i want to know that can i give my CAT after my 12th boards. i want to know about the preperations of this exam, when is the time of forms coming.please sir kindly help me regarding this.
yours truly
srishti gupta

17th September 2012, 04:21 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give CAT Exam after completion of 12th Class? How to prepare for this Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
dear sir,
i want to know that can i give my CAT after my 12th boards. i want to know about the preperations of this exam, when is the time of forms coming.please sir kindly help me regarding this.
yours truly
srishti gupta

Unfortunately you cannot sit for CAT exam after giving your boards exam. To give CAT you need to complete your graduation first. There are certain eligibility criteria which needs to be satisfied in this case. Here i am trying to shortlist some of them for you:

CAT Exam Details:

CAT stands for Common Admission Test. This exam is conducted by the IIMs, one of the premier institution and the most sought after when it comes to pursuing MBA and other management programs.

CAT score is not only accepted by the IIMs but is also a must for several other reputed private autonomous institutions. Since it is conducted by the IIMs therefore no other university accepts CAT score.

As mentioned earlier to give this exam you need to complete your graduation first in any discipline of your choice from a recognized university or institution.

In addition to that you also need to secure minimum 50% of marks at graduation level if you are a general category candidate.

There is percentage relaxation for the reserved category candidates. It is 45% in aggregate for SC and ST candidates.

If you are a final year student about to sit for the final year exam or awaiting the result of the final year exam then also you can give this exam. You will be considered eligible.

Selection Procedure:

Selection Procedure for the exam mainly includes the following stages:
  • Written Examination
  • Group Discussion
  • Personal Interview

The exam is mainly objective type. Conceptual questions will come so mugging and cramming wont help much. You need to understand each and every chapter properly and go to the root of it to understand better. Therefore it is always advisable to start preparation much in an advance to give yourself enough time to get accustomed to the whole syllabus.

The whole paper needs to be completed in two and a half hours' time and be very cautious when answering each and every question since negative marking is there. For every wrong answer you give a certain percentage of marks will be deducted from the original score.

For the exam you need to stress on the following areas:
  • Verbal Ability
  • Reading Comprehension
  • Problem Solving
  • Data Interpretation

CAT Cut-Off Marks:

Since this is the toughest of all the MBA entrance exams, so it will take some doing to crack this exam. To give you a better idea about the percentage of marks you need to secure to book a position in one of the IIMs here i have attached the cut off marks for you.

List Of Books For CAT Exam:

How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for the CAT Common Admission Test
by Arun Sharma
Publisher: Tata McGraw-Hill

How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT Common Admission Test
by Arun Sharma
Publisher: Tata McGraw-Hill

Quantitative Aptitude for CAT & other Entrance Exams
(Paperback)
Publisher: Disha Publication

Data Interpretation for the CAT and Other MBA Examinations
(Paperback)
Publisher: Pearson

Verbal Ability Guide For CAT And Other MBA Entrance Exams
by Disha Experts
Publisher: Disha Publication

CAT Coaching Institutes In India:-

## Career Shapers Education Forum
## Career Launcher
## Trump & Gates
## Career Forum
## IMS Institute
## PRIME Tutor
## T.I.M.E.

Hope this helps :-> :->
18th September 2012, 12:59 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give CAT Exam after completion of 12th Class? How to prepare for this Exam?

Dear Srishti ,

Sorry to say but at this time you are not eligible to sit for the CAT Exam.

This is because of the following :

* CAT Stands for Common Aptitude Test.

* It is referred as the toughest exam that is held every year.

* The minimum educational qualification that you should have in order to be eligible for giving this exam is you must have passed graduation in any stream from any recognized college/university.

* You must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in your graduation if belonging to General category.

* There is also a relaxation of 5% marks for students belonging to reserved categories.

So , my dear i just want to tell you that you should complete your graduation first on a good note.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
17th October 2012, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

How should i prepare my self for cat exam.
6th March 2013, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

sir
Where can i start preparation for CAT. after class12.
from- praveen singh.
CONTACT-8896654681
6th March 2013, 10:31 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

CAT - Common Admission Test is an entrance exam conducted by IIM(Indian Institute of Management) for admission to MBA(Master of Business Administration) course in IIMs and other reputed Business School.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognised University with 50% marks, can apply for CAT.

CAT can be applied on line which is a computer based exam comprises of all objective type questions comprising two sections:-

-Quantitative Ability & Date Interpretation
-Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning

For more information you may log on to http://www.catiim.in
16th July 2013, 06:52 PM
megayounus786

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
dear sir,
yours truly
srishti gupta

FORMAT OF CAT

Q.1) I hear that CAT will be held online. Is that correct?

Ans. CAT is a computer-based test (CBT) and not an Internet-based test (IBT) i.e. a candidate does not take the test on an Internet site. Instead of reading the questions in a paper booklet and darkening the ovals on the answer-sheet, a candidate will read the questions on a computer terminal and choose an answer by clicking on the correct option.

Q.2) How is the computer-based format different from the paper-based format?

Ans. The format of the test is more or less the same except that a candidate reads a question on a computer terminal and clicks on the correct answer, instead of reading on a paper booklet and using a pencil to darken the ovals on an answer sheet.

Q.3) Can I take the test from any computer?

Ans. No. A candidate will have to test on a pre-assigned workstation and will not have a choice to choose his or her workstation, in the testing venue chosen by him/her during the time of registration.

Q.4) What does a CBT test looks like?

Ans. A CAT practice test is available on the website www.catiim.in for candidates to get familiarised with the functionality and navigation of the actual test.

For more details: http://www.catiim.in/
9th November 2013, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

sir, how can i start with cat syllabus after completion of my 12th?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?