20th August 2011, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

Can I give the exam of GATE while in 3rd year? How much percentage is required for GATE exam?

I am TE student but I was YD in first year Engg. can i give a exam of GATE?and how many percents are required for GATE exam?

Related Questions:
21st August 2011, 04:46 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: Can I give the exam of GATE while in 3rd year? How much percentage is required for GATE exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am TE student but I was YD in first year Engg. can i give a exam of GATE?and how many percents are required for GATE exam?

Information Regarding GATE Examination.

Yes, definitely you can appear for the GATE examination in the 3rd year of engineering. GATE examination is conducted by the management of IIT college for the admission in the M.Tech course at IIT college. The basic eligibility criteria to appear in the GATE examination is given below :

Educational Qualification = Bachelor degree in the engineering/Technology/Architecture. The final and pre-final year student of this stream are eligible to apply for GATE examination. There are no limit of percentage required to appear in the GATE examination only pass the qualifying examination is enough to appear in the GATE exam.
OR
Master degree in any branch of science/mathematics/statics/computer application. The final year and pre-final year candidates of this stream are eligible to apply for GATE exam.

NOTE :- There are no age limit and no. of attempt for the GATE examination. So you can appear in the GATE exam at any age and many times according to own interest.

If you want to get more information regarding GATE examination then please see the official website of GATE examination :- http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2011/

Regards
~Mukul~
21st August 2011, 05:27 PM
ASHWANI42092

Default Re: Can I give the exam of GATE while in 3rd year? How much percentage is required for GATE exam?

Dear friend,
Yes of course you can appear for GATE examination in the 3rd year .
Eligibility criteria for GATE:
1. A candidate should have Bachelor degree in Engineering it means he should have completed his graduation completely .
2. A candidate should have Master degree in any branch of Science
3. A candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master degree programe (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering or in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master degree programme and Dual Degree programme in Engineering.
so if you want to give GATE then first of you will have to clear your graduation and after that you will have to obtain master degree in your field .
4]There is no age limit for GATE you can take the exam at any age and you can attempt for GATE as many times you could .So don't worry you can take exam at any time .
Best of luck.
Thank you .
21st August 2011, 05:33 PM
nmniraj

Yes, you can apply for Gate exams in the 3rd year of engineerig.

Gate exam is the entrance exams for admission in M.Tech in IIT colleges.

The education qualification for admission in M.Tech.
1. You must have bachelors degree in the engineering/Technology/Architecture.
2. The final and pre-final year student of this stream are eligible to apply for GATE examination.
3. There is no age limit.
4. There is no percentage criteria just qualify the exam.
5. Master degree in any branch of science/mathematics/statics/computer application.
6. You can use unlimited attempts.
21st August 2011, 05:38 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
dear friend,
yes you can give gate exam while studying in the third year. for giving the gate exam, the student must have passed or must be in final or third year of b.tech.
there is no age limit for the exam. there is also no limit on the number of attempts for the exam. you can give the exam any number of times.
the result of the exam is valid for two years. this means that with the result you will get this year, you can take admission in m.tech in next year also.
21st August 2011, 06:55 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
I think you are eligible for Gate examination.

Qualification :-

Graduate degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture from any recognized university or equivalent qualification and those who are in the final year or pre-final year of the examination can also apply for this examination.There is no minimum marks required for this examination.Only Graduate degree is enough to appear for this examination.

(OR)

Master degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Application or equivalent and those who are in the final year or pre-final year of examination can also apply for this examination.

There is no no.of attempts of the gate examination.

More details,Visit the official website : http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2011/
21st August 2011, 07:22 PM
sandipk
Senior Member+

yes , you are eligible for Gate exam,
As the rank is valid for 2 years , hence you can get addimission next year also..

No there is no such cut off of the graduate mark..

However you are in 3rd year.. try to secure good CGPA..

Good luck...
21st August 2011, 08:03 PM
sg1991

The eligibility criteria for appearing in GATE exam is-
* bachelor's degree in any branch of engineering/technology/architecture
OR
* master's degree in any branch of science/maths/computer/statistics
* Students of prefinal or final year can appear or after completion of course.
* No age limit.
* No minimum percentage required.
* No restriction on number of attempts.

So, you are eligible if you fullfil above criteria.
21st August 2011, 08:35 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear friend,

Yes , 3rd year student are eligible for GATE exam.

B. E. or B. Tech. or B. Arch or MASTERS Students science/maths/computer/statistics are eligible for GATE exam/

No age limit, no restriction on number of attempts. You can appear in GATE during the prefinal or final year or after completion of course.

GATE score is valid for 2 years.

All the best.
22nd August 2011, 09:30 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I give the exam of GATE while in 3rd year? How much percentage is required for GATE exam?

Quote:

well..u can appear for GATE and if u crack the exam..then ur score will be valid for 2 years since the time u have cracked GATE so u can finish off ur B.tech and can join ur desired college easily..
IN GATE u require a minimum of 600 to get a good college and 700 and above to make it to the IITs
minimum percentage in B.Tech should be 60%

hope this helps..
15th November 2011, 09:09 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

hello

Yes, definitely you can appear for the GATE examination in the 3rd year of engineering. GATE examination is conducted by the management of IIT college for the admission in the M.Tech course at IIT college. The basic eligibility criteria to appear in the GATE examination is given below :

Educational Qualification = Bachelor degree in the engineering/Technology/Architecture. The final and pre-final year student of this stream are eligible to apply for GATE examination. There are no limit of percentage required to appear in the GATE examination only pass the qualifying examination is enough to appear in the GATE exam.
OR
Master degree in any branch of science/mathematics/statics/computer application. The final year and pre-final year candidates of this stream are eligible to apply for GATE exam.

NOTE :- There are no age limit and no. of attempt for the GATE examination. So you can appear in the GATE exam at any age and many times according to own interest.

If you want to get more information regarding GATE examination then please see the official website of GATE examination :- http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2011/
3rd January 2012, 12:16 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Post Re: Can I give the exam of GATE while in 3rd year? How much percentage is required for GATE exam?

Well,

Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all India examination administered and conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology on behalf of the National Coordination Board.The gate exam says this exam is for admission to M tech courses in many famous colleges in India.

According to the latest news from the GATE officials,it is announced that,3rd year is not allowed to write.

You can write from the next year.

Important dates:

Offline exam for this year is 12th february 2012.

you can refer to this link for more details:
http://gate.iitm.ac.in/gate2012/index.php

regards,

yash
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?