14th April 2013, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

Can I give IAS entrance exam after doing B.Tech with computer science?

I am doing B.TECH with computer science.Can I Give The exam of IAS...Please tell me in detail.

15th April 2013, 09:26 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I give IAS entrance exam after doing B.Tech with computer science?

Yes, you can give IAS, Civil Service Exam after doing B.Tech. with Computer Science.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service and to become an IAS officer one has to get through Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
15th April 2013, 11:06 AM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I give IAS entrance exam after doing B.Tech with computer science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am doing B.TECH with computer science.Can I Give The exam of IAS...Please tell me in detail.
HI!
I am happy to inform you that you are eligible for I.A.S exam after passing B.Tech in Computer science Branch.

After graduation you can apply for I.A.S exam.
I.A.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Age should be in between 21-30 year.
For ST/SC candidate age should be in between 21-33 year.

You can apply online or offline.

IMPORTANT DATE FOR CIVIL SERVICES EXAM., 2013
Date Of Notification:-02.02.2013
Last date of submission of form:-04.03.2013 (MONDAY)
Date of exam Prelims:-19.05.2013 (SUNDAY)
Date of Mains exam:- 19.05.2013 (SUNDAY)

The Form cost is just 20 Rs.
For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
15th April 2013, 12:06 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Most certainly you can apply for the Indian Adminstrative Service. You just need a graduation degree to apply for the Civil Services Examination. You can complete graduation in any course ranging from B.Tech to B.A. and still be eligible for the Indian Administrative Service.

Therefore you should start preparing for the exam right now. Although you won't be able to apply for the exam this year. The forms have been released already and the last date to apply for the Civil Services Exam has also passed.

Now you should wait for next year to apply. Which is not a bad thing considering that you do need a lot of time to prepare well for the Civil Services Examination. Use the opportunity to prepare well for the IAS entrance exam.

There are lots of sample papers available online for you to download. You should practice for the exam by downloading these sample papers and try to solve them. This generally gives a good idea about areas where you need to put extra work.

Eligibility

1. If you are applying for IAS then ensure your nationality should be Indian.

2. Your B.Tech degree, if completed from recognized college, is sufficient.

3. There is no minimum percentage criteria.

4. Your age can not be less than 21 years.

5. If should not be older than 30 years.

6. Up to 3 years relaxation for OBC.

7. Maximum of 5 years for SC/ST.

Exam Pattern

1. Preliminary Exam

2. Main Exam

3. Interview
15th April 2013, 03:52 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can apply for IAS Examination after completing your B.Tech. in Computer Science provided you fulfill the age criteria.

Any Graduate from a recognised University can apply for IAS Examination. Hence don't worry and start preparing for the IAS Examination.

All you need to take care is that your age is between 21 to 30 years if you are General category candidate.

There will be age relaxation for SC/ST category for 5 years and 3 years for OBC Category candidates.

The IAS Officers are recruited through Civil Services examination which is conducted by UPSC every year.

The examination has Preliminary stage which you have to clear to become eligible for Mains examination.

In the mains you have to select optional subjects along with compulsory subjects. This exam will be descriptive type paper hence you must have very good knowledge of the subjects.

For more information visithttp://www.upsc.gov.in
15th April 2013, 08:21 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

IAS is the Indian Administrative Services.The minimum requirement for the entrance examination that is conducted for this services called Civil services examinations by the Union Public service commission is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university or in final year of graduation .

So after doing bachelor of technology in computer science ,you are definitely eligible for the Civil services examinations.

Now you should also fulfill the age criteria which is discussed as below:

1.General : 21-30 years

2.OBC:21-33 years

3.SC/ST:21-35 years.

You must be an Indian citizen.

The no of attempts as per category is as below:

The general candidates have only four attempts whereas obc get seven attempts and SC/ST has no limit on no of attempts.

The examination pattern is as below:"

1.Preliminary exam pattern is :

2.Latest Main exam:

3.Personal interview

The dates for applying online for the year 2013 are already over and now you must wait for the next year in order to apply for the exam.

For any more details ,you may visit www.upsc.gov.in

Hope the information helps you.

all the best

aashisranjan784
15th April 2013, 10:56 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for IAS is Indian Administrative Services.

Yes definitely, you can give IAS examination according to your qualification.

IAS examination is a civil services examination, which is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) every year.

The educational qualifications regarding with IAS examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any track from any accredited college or engineering.

* Final year contenders are also eligible.

* Age limit:- 21-30 yrs.

* Age relaxation:- 3 yrs and 5 yrs for OBC and SC/ST contenders.

* Nationality:- Indian.

* No. of attempts:- 4 for General, 7 for OBc and no limits for SC/ST contenders.

The selection procedure for the IAS examination is mentioned as below:-

* Preliminary examination.

* Mains examination.

* Personnel interview.

IAS examination pattern:-

IAS examination syllabus:-

2nd June 2013, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

what should be optional subjects in IAS exam for a b.tech in computer science
3rd June 2013, 03:43 PM
Arist

Yes you can apply for IAS exams after completing B.Tech degree because Minimum qualification required to appear for IAS exams is Graduation from a recognized university.

IAS exams are conducted every year as Civil services exams by UPSC.

Age Limit for IAS exams:
General - 21 to 30 yrs
OBC - 21 to 33 yrs
SC/ST - 21 to 35 yrs
Defence Personnal - 21 to 33 yrs
Ex serviceman - 21 to 35 yrs

How to apply:
•Apply online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in

For more details go to http://www.upsc.gov.in
4th June 2013, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

what are the best optional subjects for IAS exam for a student of b.tech (cse)?
5th June 2013, 09:58 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

IAS Stands for Indian Administrative Service Examination .

It is conducted by Union Public Service Commission through Civil Services in the every year.Civil Service recruit IAS officer .

Minimum educational qualification required for IAS Exam is Bachelor degree .There is not require any kind of percentage marks in graduation degree .

You have completed B-Tech degree in CSE so you are applicable for IAS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates .Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

There is a restriction for attempts .The no attempts allowed for IPS exam is given below-

General Candidate can maximum 4 Times
OBC Candidate can Maximum 7 Times
SC/ST there is no attempt Limit

Selection process of this exam are - Preliminary exam ,Mains exam and Personal Interview .Preliminary section contain MCQ type question but in Mains exam , there is descriptive type papers .

For more details about IAS exam please visit to www.upsc.gov.in
30th August 2013, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

which well be best for opting optional subject in main exam for b tech cse graduates?
21st September 2013, 07:47 PM
asdadasdasdaafs12345

Default Can I give the civil service examination after doing an online degree from amity university?

Can I give the civil service examination after an online degree from amity university that says "elearning" at the top of the degree?
13th May 2014, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

can i choose both arts subjects for optional papers although i m a science graduate?
23rd May 2017, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

I am a b.tech 1st year student in computer science branch . I want to become a ias officer . So please suggest me that what i should do for it & does i start preparation of ias exam form now or after graduation & if i have to start it from now then please tell me about it in detail. N give me tips or ideas for qualify this exam & give me the new & full details about this exam
#thanks
8th June 2019, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

Which stream in btech will be suggested for a candidate who want to become an IAS after 12
9th June 2019, 02:37 PM
Yo yo king
Junior Member+

Skip to primary navigation
Skip to content
Skip to primary sidebar
ClearIAS

ClearIAS Prelims Test Series 2020
ENROLL NOW
MENU
IAS – How To Clear IAS Exam and Become an IAS Officer?
How to becoming an IAS officer?

What is Indian Administrative Service (IAS)?
How to become an Indian Administrative Service
UPSC Civil Services Examination (CSE)
How to clear the UPSC Civil Services Exam?
UPSC CSE Eligibility Criteria
UPSC CSE: Number of attempts permitted
UPSC CSE Age Limits
UPSC CSE syllabus
UPSC CSE Coaching
Importance of mock exams
Books for UPSC Exams
UPSC Toppers
What is Indian Administrative Service (IAS)?
IAS is the short form of Indian Administrative Service.

It is one of the prestigious services among the 24 services like IPS, IFS etc for the which the UPSC conducts Civil Services Examination (CSE) for selecting the candidates.

ClearIAS Prelims Online Test Series
An officer selected into the Indian Administrative Service gets exposure in very diverse roles like the collector, commissioner, head of public sector units, chief secretary, cabinet secretary etc.

Not only the experience and challenges but also the scope of making positive changes in the life of millions in India makes IAS a unique career choice.

Salary: The basic pay of entry level IAS officers is Rs.56100. The salary of civil servants (Salary = Basic Pay + DA + TA + HRA) will increase as experience increases. The basic pay of Cabinet Secretary is fixed at Rs.2,50,000.

How to become an IAS officer?
Even though the exam to be undertaken is popularly known as the IAS exam, it is officially called UPSC Civil Services Exam. The UPSC CSE consists of 3 stages – Prelims, Mains, and Interview.

Getting into Indian Administrative Service (IAS) is not easy considering the competition involved, but not impossible for a candidate with right attitude and approach.”

Civil Services Examination(CSE)
UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) is the government agency responsible for selecting the right candidates for this service. Every year only around 1000 candidates are selected for all the 24 services combined.

The number of candidates who applied for UPSC Civil Service Exam each year is approximately about 10 lakh, out of which around 5 lakh candidates appear on the exam day (prelims).

UPSC Civil Services Examination is widely considered as the toughest exam in the world, considering the exam duration (extends 1 year), depth of the syllabus and the competition involved.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?