8th June 2017, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

Can I give JEE exam before 6th semester diploma result is out?

I am Diploma student. Can I give JEE exam without 6th semester result? Can you please provide me the complete information on the same? It will be helpful if you can answer me soon as possible on the same. Awaiting to get the response soon. Thank you!

9th June 2017, 06:08 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give JEE exam before 6th semester diploma result is out?

1. You can apply for Joint Entrance Examination before your sixth semester diploma result is out. But your result of diploma must be declared before counselling of JEE examination starts.

2. JEE 2017 is over now. It is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education. It has two stages JEE Main and JEE Advanced. You must wait for notification of Joint Entrance examination 2018.
9th June 2017, 09:32 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give JEE exam before 6th semester diploma result is out?

JEE refers to Joint Entrance Examination and it is a national level engineering entrance examination which is held once every year by CBSE for offering admission in undergraduate technical degree courses like B.Tech or B.Arch in any CFTIs like IIT, NIT, ISM, IIIT,etc. and other private engineering colleges.

Further to be eligible for same examination, your diploma degree must be from a institute recognized by AICTE or State technical board and it must be equivalent to higher secondary school degree with PCM group. Students pursuing final year of same degree are also eligible.

I would also like to let you know that being a diploma degree student you are eligible for admission in IITs only as for other CFTIs only regular higher secondary school degree students are eligible.

For more details regarding JEE and FAQs related to eligibility of diploma holders for appearing in JEE you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in and go through the information bulletin released for this year JEE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?