15th April 2012, 06:33 PM
riniabraham91

Can I give NET Exam being a candidate of BE in Computer Science Engineering?

i m B.E in cs engg. can i give the net exam

15th April 2012, 09:27 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I give NET Exam being a candidate of BE in Computer Science Engineering?

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.

UGC conduct the examination twice in a year.

This examination is conducted for the Junior Research Fellowship and Lecturer ship.

Minimum Eligibility For applying in NET examination

• Post Graduation degree in a subjects from recognized university
• 55% marks in Post Graduation.

Age limit

For Junior Research Fellowship - Age of the candidate should not be more then 28 years.
For Lecturer ship - There is no age limit to apply for Lecturer ship.

for more info visit website

www.ugc.ac.in

22nd April 2012, 01:07 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give NET Exam being a candidate of BE in Computer Science Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by riniabraham91 View Post
No, You are Not Eligible for NET Examination after completing your BE Degree course.

NET stands for National Eligibility test and this examination is Conducted by UGC, Twice in a year and to apply for this examination, you have to complete your Post graduate degree course with minimum 55% Marks from a recognised University. Final year appearing candidates are also apply for NET Examination.

The examination is conducted in June and December Every year.

Age Eligibility:

~~ To apply for this examination you have attained the age of 19 years.
~~ There is No Upper age restriction to apply for Lectureship Post
~~ To apply for Junior Research fellowship post, your age should not be more than 28 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

For this year NET Examination Notification was already Published and the last date of apply for this examination is 30/April/2012.

The examination is Going to be conducted soon on 26/June/2012.

But you are not eligible for NET Examination. Please complete your Post Graduation and then apply for this examination and for more details check official website :

http://ugcnetonline.in

22nd April 2012, 01:12 AM
nagendra vijayasree
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by riniabraham91 View Post
hi friend,

Yes a BTech computer science graduate is eligible to write UGC NET exam but you are not eligible to take CSIR NET exam. You may check subject list from this link. You will get your subject computer science at 87th place in the list.:
http://www.ugcnetonline.in/subjects.php

You may refer this link for current notification:

http://www.ugc.ac.in/inside/net.html#science

22nd April 2012, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

I am studying BE in civil after my degree what are the opportunities that i get for higher study or the possible exams that i can eligible

17th June 2012, 11:25 PM
Unregistered

Dear friends,

I have completed B.E in Electronics and Instrumentation and then had completed M.S (Software Systems) from BITS, Pilani. I would like to know whether I can appear for the NET examination and if yes, should I appear for computer science (number 87) ?

10th July 2012, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

i have done engineering in computer science , can i give ugc.net exam after my b.tech degree?

13th July 2012, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

sir ,i completed btech can i apper in net exam

28th September 2012, 12:25 AM
Unregistered

i am post graduate ( hindi and sociology ) with b.ed ( 67% ) bt in post gr.i had not score 55% (50) can i appear for lecturer ..

20th October 2012, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

Hi
i have done b.tch in biotechnology
m i elligible for NET exam ??

18th February 2013, 09:50 AM
Unregistered

Hi friends I was completed my b.tech degree in ece am I elligible to attend the net?

24th March 2013, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

HI

I have two questions for clarity
a)I have done Mtech in geoinformatics which comes under Spatial Information technology,and got 12 years OF IT industry experience.will i eligible to teach IT dept as Geo informatics is an ADVANCED IT application.
b)If i do part time MTech will i be eligible to join as lecturer/ass professor in IT DEPT.

PLEASE HELP ME CLARIFY.

Thanks
Visveswaran

24th October 2015, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

I am a M.E computer science and engineering final year student... May I apply this NET exam or not? I want a quick reply

26th December 2015, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

Can btech computer science student give the NET exam? Tell me srr plz

7th April 2016, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

Can I give NET Exam being a candidate of M.Tech in Electronics and communication Engineering

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?