12th November 2015, 10:03 AM
Unregistered

Can I give PMT or AIPMT examinations being 18 years old Diploma engineering student?

I want to know about minimum and maximum age for pmt and aipmt.My birth is 27/08/1997 now I am in 1st in diploma in mining after completing my course may I join or give the pmt or aipmt examinations give me appropriate solution or advice.

12th November 2015, 08:51 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give PMT or AIPMT examinations being 18 years old Diploma engineering student?

PMT stands for Pre-Medical Test and the objective of these test are the selection of deserving candidates for their MBBS course or BDS course from government medical colleges.

Basically to be appearing in these test one needs to have the qualifications mentioned as below :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 17 years to 25 years. Age relaxation of 5 years are applicable for reserved category candidates.

* You must have either completed your higher secondary school degree or must be in the final year of same degree course with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as the main subjects with at least 50% aggregate in each from a recognized board of education.

So being an 18 years old you are eligible for PMT on the basis of age criteria but due to your educational qualification which is diploma in engineering which does not includes Biology as main subject you are not eligible for appearing in the same examinations.
12th November 2015, 09:17 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give PMT or AIPMT examinations being 18 years old Diploma engineering student?

No, diploma candidates are not eligible to appear for the Pre Medical Test conducted for the admission in the medical courses in the different institute.

To appear for the PMT examination the required eligibility criteria is :-
* Candidates must have passed or appearing for the 10+2 board examination from the recognised board.
* Candidates must have the PCB as main paper in the board examination.

The age criteria vary for the different PMT examination. So, you cannot appear for the examination.
12th November 2015, 09:40 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# It looks strange that you are presently doing diploma in mining engineering, but now you showing your inclination towards medical entrance examination and medical courses.

# Whatever the reason, you may shift from engineering line to medical line.

# But now you are only 18 years of age. So you can change your field/line from engineering line to medical line.

# First of all, I would like to provide the general information regarding medical entrance examination:

* Must be citizen of India for national level medical entrance examination.
* Must be citizen of concerned State for State level medical entrance examination.
* Must be above the age of 17 years as on that concerned year.
* In most cases, there is no any upper age limit for medical entrance examination.
* However, in few cases, such as in All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) the maximum upper age fixed is 25 years.
* Must have taken subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in 10+2 level.
* Must have taken at least 50-60% marks by General category candidate.
* Must have taken at least 40-50% marks by reserved category candidate.

# The general syllabus of medical entrance examinations:

* Physics
* Chemistry
* Botany
* Zoology
* General Studies (only in few medical entrance examinations)
12th November 2015, 09:57 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for the PMT examination after the diploma course.

To appear for the PMT or the AIPMT examination conducted by the different state or the central government the required criteria is candidates must have passed the 10+2 with the Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

So you cannot appear for the examination.
12th November 2015, 10:58 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

PMT stands for the Pre Medical Test and AIPMT stands for the All India Pre Medical Test. State medical education board generally conducts its own PMT like UP CPMT for admission in bachelor's degree in medical courses.

CBSE conducts AIPMT for the MBBS and BDS courses.

For any PMT either it is AIPMT or state PMTs, a candidate must have completed 10+2 from a recognized board with important subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. Minimum of 50% aggregate marks is generally required for PMTs.

The minimum age limit for PMT is 17 years on the 31st of December of year of admission and the upper age limit is 25 years for general category candidates. Upper age relaxation applicable to OBC and SC/ST candidates.

If before pursuing diploma, you have done 10+2 with above mentioned subjects then you are eligible otherwise not.
12th November 2015, 11:04 PM
18Angel
Senior Member+

Yes you can give PMT or AIPMT exam with the age of 18 years.

AIPMT (All India Preliminary medical Test) is conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education).It is a national level entrance test for the admission of MBBS.

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery.

Eligibility Criteria:-You must have passed 12th in physics,Chemistry & maths or biology as optional subject.

Age limitations:-Age must be completed 17 years & upper age limit is 25 years.

Exam is conducted every year in the Month of May.
12th November 2015, 11:40 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, diploma engineering students are not eligible for the All India Pre Medical test or Pre Medical tests.

For medical entrance exams, 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology along with English is necessary to apply for the exam.

Minimum age limit is 17 years on 31st December of year of exam and upper age limit is 25 years with upper age relaxation to OBC and SC/ST candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?