16th June 2013, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

Can I give UPSC after completing engineering?

can i give upsc after complete engeennering...please provide to me the details

29th June 2015, 08:52 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give UPSC after completing engineering?

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission and it is commission which conducts various examination at the different level of academics for joining in different fields.

Having completed your engineering course which is a bachelor degree course you are eligible for the Civil Services examination and Combined Defense Services examination both held by UPSC.

Civil services examination are held once every year in three stages which are as Preliminary test, Mains and Personal interview where as CDS examination is held twice every year in two steps which are called as Written examination and Service Selection Board interview held in mentioned order.

The general qualifications required for appearing in this examination are as here under :-

* For both the examinations your nationality must be Indian.

* For both the examination you must have completed your graduation with any discipline from a recognized university.

* For both the examination you must be physically and mentally fit.

* For Civil Services examination your age must be within 21 years to 32 years where as for the CDS examination it must be within 19 years to 25 years. In case of Civil Services relaxation in upper age limit is provided as per the government norms where as for CDS examination the upper age limit varies with the varying desired wing of same.

For more details about the syllabus, pattern, notification and procedure of applying for the upcoming examinations log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?