14th June 2013, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

Can I go for Navy by passing commerce? I have passed 10th with 64%

I have just passed 10th with 64% with general maths and I can't take science so can i go to the navy by passing commerce because I can't science

13th April 2015, 12:03 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I go for Navy by passing commerce? I have passed 10th with 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have just passed 10th with 64% with general maths and I can't take science so can i go to the navy by passing commerce because I can't science
No, 12th with commerce student are not eligible for Indian Navy exam through NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
13th April 2015, 02:20 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

No you can not go for Indian Navy having done your 12th with commerce as for Indian Navy you must be science student .

But you do not have to worry much if you are interested in defense field as you have the option of going for Indian Army as there is no restriction of stream for this wing .But for this you have to pass in the NDA examinations .

Minimum qualifications for appearing in the NDA exam for Indian Army are :-

-->Your age must be above 16.5 years and below 19 years .

-->You must be unmarried .

-->You must be a male candidate .

-->You must be physically and mentally fit as required for this job .

-->You must have done your 12th or must be in the 12th with any stream of your choice from a recognized school/college of a recognized board .

For further details log on to the website www.upsc.gov.in .
13th April 2015, 02:32 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Sorry to say but you can't go for Navy after completing 10+2 with Commerce stream because the qualification for Indian Naval Academy is 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics.Instead of joining Naval academy,you can go for Indian Military Academy for which the qualification is 10+2 in any discipline.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy.It has three wings;

Indian Military Academy.

Indian Naval Academy.

Indian Air Force Academy.

Some other criteria which has to be fulfilled to get admission in NDA are following:-

-The candidate has to clear the entrance exam conducted by UPSC. UPSC conducts this exam twice a year with the name;NDA I and NDA II

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The age limit for the candidate is 16.5 years to 19 years.

-Only unmarried male candidate can apply for the exam.

-The selection process involves written examination followed by personal interview by Service Selection Board.

-The candidate should be physically fit as per the Physical Standards required to join NDA.

-The minimum height for a NDA candidate to join Indian Army should not be less than 157 cm.
13th April 2015, 05:45 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# It is very sad to say that commerce/arts background candidates are not considered eligible for joining Indian Navy through NDA Examination.

# But you can join Indian Army after qualifying the NDA Examination.

# NDA Examination is conducted bi-annual by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

# Followings are few required conditions for NDA Examination:

* Must have the citizenship of India
* Must be male.
* Must be unmarried.
* Mus be intermdiate in any stream
* Age must be above 16.5 years
* Age must be below 19 years
* Must have height of 165 cm.
* Must have good vision without colour blindness/night blindness/Cataract/Glucoma
* Candidate must not have Knock Knee/Flat Feet/or any bodily defect.
* Must have good moral character.

# Best book for NDA Examination:

* New Course: NDA-NA Examination
* Arihant's Publication's Pathfinder for NDA & NA Entrance Examination by PK Mittal. OP Bisht, Nitika Goyal
* Tata Mc Graw Hill's Study Package for NDA/NA Entrance Exam
* G.K. Publication's NDA/NA National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination Guide
13th April 2015, 06:21 PM
poojasingh151

Quote:
No, you cannot opt for commerce in 10+2 if you want to join Indian Navy.

Entrance to Indian Navy at 10+2 level is given through National Defense Academy examination.

For Indian Navy, a candidate must have done his 10+2 from a recognized board with mathematics and physics as compulsory subjects in 10+2.

For Army, you will be eligible with commerce stream.

Age limit for the exam: 16.5-19.5 years.

Official website: www.upsc.gov.in.
13th April 2015, 06:43 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
At 10+2 level, the only entrance exam that gives opportunity to join different wings of defense is National Defense Academy examination.

The entrance exam is organized twice every year by Union Public Service Commission.

Eligibility criteria for the NDA/NA exam:

1. Academic Qualification:

Those candidates who are willing to appear for NDA/NA entrance exam must have done 10+2 from a recognized stream. Even 10+2 appearing candidates are eligible for the exam.

There are two stages of this exam, first one is written test and second one is Service Selection Board.

If you clear both stages, you will be eligible for different wings.

Now, for Indian Navy and Indian Airforce, mathematics and physics is compulsory subjects in 10+2. So if you will pursue your 10+2 commerce stream then you will not be eligible to join Indian Navy.

For Indian Army, you will be eligible even from Commerce stream.

2. Age criteria:

The age limit for candidates of all category is 16.5-19.5 years.

3. Marital status:

You must be unmarried male Indian citizen.

For any more details regarding NDA/NA exam, click here .
13th April 2015, 07:22 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Indian Navy is one of the defence forces of India and to join in this force you need to write the entrance exam. There are many entrance exams which are conducted in India and can be applied based on the qualification of yours.

Having completed 10th, you are not eligible at this stage to join in Indian navy. In order to apply for join in Indian navy the minimum qualification needed are:

-> Candidate appearing should have a citizenship in India

-> Candidate must be a unmarried male candidate.

-> Age limit needed is 16 1/2-19 1/2 years

-> Educational qualification needed is candidate should have completed +2 from a recognized school board of education with physics and mathematics as subjects.

-> Candidate need to be physically fit.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the NDA Exam which is a defence force of India conducted by UPSC. It is better that you continue your studies and then apply for the exam.
15th April 2015, 06:15 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

No you are not eligible for Indian Navy with commerce in class 12th .As the candidates who have science in class 12 with Mathematics and Physics are eligible for Navy .

The candidates have to go through NDA entrance examination conducted by UPSC twice in a year .The examination is conducted in two stages :-
*Written .
*SSB .

It is necessary to go qualify in both the stages . Candidates who have qualified in the written examination are called for the SSB .

The written examination is of 900 marks .

Candidates can also apply for the Technical Entry also on the basis of 12th PCM marks also .

So only possibility is you to go with INDIAN ARMY .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?