4th March 2018, 12:54 PM
Debas das

Can I join Indian Air Force after graduating in B.Sc Zoology (hons)?

I have done my class 12th with PCM and PCB . I had subjects English, Math, Biology, Physics and Chemistry but Maths result was not upto the mark. My percentage was 52%. Now I'm studying in 2nd year in college with B.Sc Zoology (hons.). My subject are Human Physiology, Botany and Zoology. I'm also doing NCC in Army Wing. Can I join Indian Air Force?

11th March 2018, 11:16 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Air Force after graduating in B.Sc Zoology (hons)?

Yes, you are eligible to join Indian Air Force after completion of your graduation in B.Sc. Zoology (Hons) course. To join Indian Air Force, you have to appear in UPSC CDS examination. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline with Physics and Mathematics subjects at 12th standard level are eligible to apply for CDS examination. You should be an unmarried male candidate in the age range of 19 to 24 years to be eligible to apply for CDS examination for joining in Indian Air Force.
11th March 2018, 01:43 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Air Force after graduating in B.Sc Zoology (hons)?

As per eligibility criteria of Combined Defence Services, candidates who have studied mathematics and Physics upto standard 12th and done bachelor's degree in science can apply for CDS for Air Force.

You can apply for CDS examination conducted by UPSC for joining Indian Air Force. You can apply for exam in final year of bachelor's degree.
11th March 2018, 07:52 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

You can join Indian Air Force after graduating in Bachelor of Science in Zoology Honors.

Any candidate must satisfy two important criteria:

He/she should have studied Physics and Mathematics at 12th level.

Bachelor's degree in science or engineering.

The age limit for CDS exam for IAF is 19-23 years.
11th March 2018, 11:24 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for CDS examination but only in the final year of course. CDS examination is conducted by UPSC twice year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :
F
Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 19-23 years.

Candidates have to qualify in written and SSB stages for final selection.

You can also appear for NDA, if your age is between 16.5-19.5 years.

For detail information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?