19th April 2014, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Navy after 12th Arts being SC candidate?

Hi my name is Charu,I m 12th pass from arts stream C.B.S.E Board,I like most Indian Navy.I belong to S.C Category .Can I join Indian Navy?

20th April 2014, 01:42 PM
Experts
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I join Indian Navy after 12th Arts being SC candidate?

You are not eligible to apply for this examination. To apply for this examination you must be completed Intermediate with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects of a recognized School or equivalent qualification. Those who are studying in the final year of 12th exam may also eligible to apply. You must have a minimum 16.5 years and maximum 19 years and Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply. Female candidates are not eligible to apply for Indian Navy examination.
12th May 2014, 09:04 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi my name is Charu,I m 12th pass from arts stream C.B.S.E Board,I like most Indian Navy.I belong to S.C Category .Can I join Indian Navy?
Hey friend,

To join in Indian Navy which is one of the defence force of India you need to write the entrance exam for joining in the forces and as per that there are certain Defence service exams which is conducted for joining in Indian Navy.

The exam which you can opt for as per your qualification is the NDA exam which stands for National Defence Academy and this exam is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) and is held every year as NDA I and NDA II and is held for joining in Defence forces in India.

There are eligibility criteria as like all other entrance exams and they are that:

# The Nationality standard for the exam states that the candidate must have a Citizenship in India.

# The Martial Status needed for the exam is candidate should be a Unmarried male candidate.

# The age limit needed is 16 1/2-19 years

# Education qualification needed for the exam is that the candidate must have completed +2 from a recognized school board of education with Physics and Mathematics as subject.

# The candidate should be Physically fit while appearing for the exam.

When regarding the education qualification of yours,you will not be eligible for applying for the course as you have completed with Arts stream in your +2 but needed is Physics and Maths as subject.

With this qualification you can apply for the exam for joining in Indian Army as you are satisfying the Education qualification for it

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST
14th May 2014, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

how i can join indian navy after passing 12th in science stream SC candidate?
17th March 2015, 12:37 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how i can join indian navy after passing 12th in science stream SC candidate?

Yes you can join it, but for that you must meet the following criteria.

This exam is conducted twice in a year under the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) as NDA-I and NDA-II. This exam is conducted in three phases 1). Written exam, 2). SSB Interview and 3). Medical Test.

Eligibility:
## Candidates must have completed their 12th science with PCM subjects (No matter of Category).

## Minimum age should be 16.5 years.

## Age should not exist 19 years.

## Citizenship of India.

## Only male candidates are eligible for it.

## There is no any age relaxation for reserved category.
Physical Requirement:
~~ Vision should be 6/9 without glasses and it should be corrected 6/6 with glasses.

~~ No color blindness.

~~ Candidates should be Physically and mentally fit.
30th March 2015, 10:51 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Actually for your question the answer is absolutely NO .Because Indian Navy only allows the MPC students with 12th Qualification through NDA.No Other stream candidates are not eligible to apply for Indian Navy or Indian Air Force. Through NDA you should satisfy the educational qualification with the Age criteria as well.

But you have an option to get a job in Indian Navy .If you have interest in Maths,Physics then you can choose B.SC in Maths and Physics in your graduation from the recognized University.For this you have to attend for CDS examination.That to you should have the age in between 19 to 22 years .Final year students are not eligible to apply for the Any of the three wings.
8th April 2015, 04:35 PM
Ashwakh

No , you are not eligible to join in Indian navy now with your 12th Qualification .

~ Actually , to join in Indian with 12th qualification , you shouldhave taken PCM subjects in 12th .
P-Physics
M-Mathematics
C-Chemistry

As you have taken Arts in 12th , you are not eligible now .

** But , you can join in Navy after completion of your Graduation .

So , go for Graduation and complete it from a Recognised university. After Graduation , you can apply for the CDS exam .
CDS - Combined Defence service

To join in Navy through CDS exam , your age shouldbe in between 19-22 years.

This exam will conduct by UPSC of India , twice in every year .

Selection process of CDS exam is ,

~ Written exam
~ SSB Interview
~ Medical test
22nd August 2016, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian nevy I am pas in 12th class I have Arts subject so plzz tell me
17th January 2017, 11:28 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am studying 2nd intermediate mpc after I completed how can I approach and how to join Indian navy any percentage marks are require,
26th March 2017, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

Requested sir / mam, I have completed my 12th from arts streams and now i 'm doing B.A Eng. Honnars. So can you please tell me as a girl from SC can I join Indian navy
11th September 2017, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian nevy I am pas in 12th class I have Arts subject so plz tell me...
My Name- Naresh s/o Vijay
Email [email protected]
And my category-S.C
13th September 2017, 08:38 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

To join navy after passing class 12th exam a candidate must fulfill following criteria-
A candidate must be an Indian citizen.

A candidate must be 12th passed with physics chemistry and mathematics as the main subjects.

A candidate must have minimum 19 years of age and maximum 21 years of age.

A candidate must be an unmarried male.
15th September 2017, 09:14 PM
kunalroy89

Arts stream cannot​join Navy after 12th. One needs to have Physics Chemistry Mathematics and English as subject in 12th to appear for NDA Naval Academy exam.
Girls are not eligible for NDA.
Arts candidate are not eligible for NAVY after 12th.
So currently, you don't have a chance.
After passing graduation,you can opt for CDS and through that you can apply for Army-OTA or AFCAT - Air force in Logistics department.
Navy recruits Engineering Graduates for Officer Rank posts through INA or UES.
4th November 2018, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

I have been completed my 12 from arts stream now I'm doing graduation. BA in history honours. I have been a doubt that if after graduation I clear my CDS exam so then I'm eligible for join Indian Navy or not
22nd July 2020, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am a Geography Honors student can I read Indian Navy
29th March 2022, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

I am belonging with sc catagory and i have passed 12 with science without mathematics can i join for sailor posts
27th April 2022, 11:16 PM
HansAnkhiya

Yes, you can apply for the NDA exam even if you belong to the Arts & Commerce stream but only if you are looking forward to get in the Army wing of NDA. Yes, you can apply for the NDA exam even if you belong to the Arts & Commerce stream but only if you are looking forward to get in the Army wing of NDA.
14th June 2023, 08:43 AM
Nikhil202k
Banned

Yes, you can join the Indian Navy after completing 12th in the Arts stream, irrespective of your caste or category. The Indian Navy offers various entry options for candidates from different educational backgrounds. Here are a few avenues you can consider:

Indian Navy Sailor Entry: You can apply for the Indian Navy Sailor entry as a Sailor (Musician) or as a Matric Recruit (MR) in various trades such as Chef, Steward, or Sanitary Hygienist. The eligibility criteria generally include age limit, educational qualifications (which may vary depending on the specific sailor entry), and physical fitness standards. You will need to appear for a written examination, followed by a physical fitness test and medical examination.

Indian Navy Civilian Posts: The Indian Navy also offers civilian positions in various departments. These positions may be suitable for candidates with an Arts background, such as those related to administration, logistics, education, legal services, and more. You can explore civilian job vacancies and their eligibility requirements on the official Indian Navy website or employment news portals.

Short Service Commission (SSC) Officer Entry: You can apply for the Short Service Commission entry as an officer in the Indian Navy. While certain officer entry schemes may prefer candidates with science or engineering backgrounds, there are also opportunities for Arts graduates. For example, you can consider entry through the Indian Navy Direct Entry, University Entry Scheme (UES), or the Indian Navy Entrance Test (INET). The eligibility criteria generally include a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university and age limit. The selection process may involve a written examination, interview, and medical examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?