10th June 2013, 02:36 PM
mayur dilip yadav

How to get a job in merchant Navy or Indian Navy?

sir,
i have got 51% marks in 12th, but to get admission in marin, nda,college, it need 60%, so what are another course so i can get admission college,and which are another course to get job in navy, thank u.

4th August 2016, 09:23 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get a job in merchant Navy or Indian Navy?

There is no need to pursue any other course after completion of your 12th standard to join Indian Navy. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a Government recognised board are eligible to join Indian Navy.

To join Indian Navy, you have to appear in National Defence Academy (NDA) examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) twice a year in the month of April and September every year. To appear in NDA examination, you have to fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

=> You should be an Indian National.

=> You should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Mathematics and Physics subject from a Government recognised board.

=> You should be at least 16.5 years and not more than the age of 19.5 years.

=> You should be an Unmarried Male candidate.

=> You should be physically as well as mentally healthy.

Application Process :-

You can apply for NDA examination through online at UPSC official website http://upsconline.nic.in/ once the notification for NDA examination has released by UPSC.
5th August 2016, 03:18 AM
Sagar Awasthi
Junior Member+

Smile Re: How to get a job in merchant Navy or Indian Navy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayur dilip yadav View Post
sir,
i have got 51% marks in 12th, but to get admission in marin, nda,college, it need 60%, so what are another course so i can get admission college,and which are another course to get job in navy, thank u.
There is no need of any course.If you are a science student and you have Maths,Physics and Chemistry as subjects then you are eligible to be appear in NDA (National Defence Academy).NDA is the best way to make your career in Navy.
The syllabus required for the entrance exam of NDA is similar to the syllabus of 12th standard and u should have a great command on English.
You can appear 2 times in a year for NDA exams.The age limit is 19 years old.
Good luck for the future.

All the best!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?