19th November 2017, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

Can I pursue genetic engineering after doing instrumentation engineering?

Actually, I am having a keen interest towards genetics but I couldn't opt it since my parents asked me to do instrumentation engineering. So, after completion of my BE can I opt genetics? Can you please confirm me on the same soon as possible? Thanks!

20th November 2017, 09:43 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue genetic engineering after doing instrumentation engineering?

No, you can't pursue Genetic Engineering course after completion of your Instrumentation Engineering. To be eligible to pursue Genetic Engineering course, you should have passed 12th standard with Biology, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a Government recognised board. Since, you have not pursued Biology subject in your 12th standard, you are not eligible to pursue Genetic Engineering course.
21st November 2017, 09:12 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue genetic engineering after doing instrumentation engineering?

After completion of Bachelor course in Instrumentation, you cannot directly apply for post graduation course in Genetics.

For getting enrolled for Post Graduation course in Genetics in any college, you must have pursued Genetics course in Graduation from any recognized institute.

So, either you will have to do Bachelor course in Genetics or Diploma course in Genetics.

But pursuing multiple Bachelor courses is also considered illegal.
21st November 2017, 10:58 AM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Yes, if you wish to do engineering in genetics , you can do after instrumental engineering.

Recommendation
>> Engineering degree is a 4 year program , you already did it with instrumental engineering. I will recommend you to do PG course in instrumental engineering to get reputed job.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?