7th August 2013, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

How to pursue Genetic engineering after passing 12th?

I WOULD LIKE TO PURSUE GENETIC ENGINEERING AFTER MY XIIth .WHAT ARE THE CRITERIAS & % REQUIRED?.WHICH ARE THE BEST COLLEGES AND APPROX.HOW MUCH IS THE EARLY FEE?

Related Questions:
8th August 2013, 10:52 AM
Mattyjkk

Default Re: How to pursue Genetic engineering after passing 12th?

The first step for people who want to pursue careers in genetic engineering is education. Undergraduates can take degrees in biomedical engineering or other areas of the biomedical sciences, and should start thinking about plans for graduate research in their area of interest. Genetic engineering includes the development of new plants and organisms for a variety of purposes, as well as activities like gene therapy, where the genetic code of an organism is altered to address a genetic condition. Undergraduate students may find it helpful to pursue internships to get experience and connections.
8th August 2013, 04:01 PM
srikanth2207

I think you will write NEET exam.Then you are eligible to do your Genetic Engineering in IITs.Because in Biotechnology IITs offered many areas which related to Bio Engineering.They offered seats in following areas
Genetic Engineering
Tissue Engineering
Bio Informatics
Bio Technology
8th August 2013, 09:59 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

hai,

Genetic engineering:

The basic eligibility criteria for a graduate degree (BE / B.Tech) is 10+2 or equivalent examination, with Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics as well as genetics as part of the biology OR a bachelors degree in science or molecular biology.

Selection to the graduate courses (B.E/B.Tech) is based on Merit i.e marks secured in the final exams of 12th and through entrance exams.

Entrance to the IIT's is through JEE(Joint Entrance Exam) and for other Institutions through their own separate entrance exams and other state level and national level exams.

Genetic Engineering Specializations:

1.Genetic Engineering in Humans

2.Genetic Engineering in Plants

3.Genetic Engineering in Animals

Genetic engineering Colleges:

1.Malla Ready Engineering College for women,Hyderabad

2.Netaji Institute of Engineering & Technology,Hyderabad

3.Progressive Engineering College,Hyderabad

4.Aligarh Muslim University,Aligarh (Uttar Pradesh)

5.BITS Pilani,Rajasthan

6.Bharathidasan University,Tiruchirappalli (Tamil Nadu)

7.Christ College,Rajkot(Gujarat)

8.Delhi University,New Delhi(Delhi)

9.Kakatiya University,Warangal(Andhra Pradesh)

10.Guru Nanak Dev University,Amritsar(Punjab)
14th August 2013, 02:48 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend...........

Genetic engineering is a laboratory technique used by scientists to change the DNA of living organisms.There is great scope in this field as the demand for genetic engineer is growing both in India and abroad.

Eligibility for Genetic engineering:

Genetic Engineer, must have a graduate / postgraduate degree in genetics or related fields such as biotechnology, molecular biology, microbiology or biochemistry

OR

A doctorate (PhD) from a recognised university, based on 2-3 years of his own research under the guidance of a professor/lecturer.

The basic eligibility criteria for a graduate degree (BE / B.Tech) is 10+2 or equivalent examination, with Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics as well as genetics as part of the biology OR a bachelors degree in science or molecular biology.

Personal Attributes:

Candidate must have sharp analytical mind, an aptitude for research, high levels of concentration,eye for details,lively imagination,abundant physical stamina to put in long hours of work,ability to work as a team.

Job Prospects:

Medical Industries

Pharmaceutical Industries

Agricultural Sector

Research and Development Departments of the Government sectors and private sectors.

Teaching

Genetic Engineering Colleges in India:

Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh (Uttar Pradesh)

Andhra University: College of Science and Technology, Vishakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh)

Assam University, Silchar (Assam)

Banaras Hindu University: Faculty of Science, Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh)

Berhampur University, Berhampur (Orissa)

BITS Pilani Rajasthan

Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli (Tamil Nadu)

Christ College, Rajkot (Gujarat)

Delhi University, New Delhi (Delhi)

Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore (Madhya Pradesh)

Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University: Faculty of Science &
Faculty of Life Sciences, Aurangabad (Andhra Pradesh)

Fergusson College, Pune (Maharashtra)

Goa University: Faculty of Science, Taleigao Plateau (Goa)

Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar (Punjab)

Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi (Delhi)

Kakatiya University, Warangal (Andhra Pradesh)

All the best........
28th June 2015, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

Which entrance exam should i give for genetic engineering.........i am in maharashtra
2nd May 2016, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

I'm interested in genetics.i' m in tamilnadu.l want to know whether I HV to write any entrance exams to join college.is there counselling for genetic engg?
14th May 2016, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

I'm from karnataka.. Which are the entrance exams to be faced to get admitted in genetic engineering colleges in india after 12th?
13th July 2016, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

What is the salary range and the other hand I am interested in research field
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?