13th July 2017, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

Can I take 2 years gap before giving the IAS exam after graduation?

I am 18 years old and I am done with my second year. Now I want to prepare for civil services so is it okay to complete my graduation, take a gap of 2 years until I am 21, prepare very well in 2 years and then appear for the exam? or 2 years gap is too much?

15th July 2017, 12:33 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take 2 years gap before giving the IAS exam after graduation?

Civil Services examination ( sometimes in general called as IAS examination ) is held by UPSC once every year.

*** The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in Civil Services examination are as here under :-

* You must have the citizenship of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your bachelor degree course or must be in the final year of same from a recognized university.

Now as far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in Civil Services examination after a gap of two years of completion of bachelor degree course then I would like to let you know that you are certainly eligible as the gap and marks in academics does not matters for anyone's eligibility.

For more details about the same examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th July 2017, 12:38 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, no doubt if you are not eligible to appear for examination after graduation degree due to age criteria, you must prepare for examination till you attain the minimum age limit.

Civil Service examination is considered as mother of all examination and to qualify in examination one need to do smart and hard work.

So, you must prepare for examination as according to syllabus of examination in these year.

To get syllabus for examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th July 2017, 01:08 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

To appear for Civil Service examination along with bachelor degree qualification candidate's age must be between 21-32 years.

So, with completion of your degree you will be behind the minimum age limit qualification.

So, it is a very good opportunity for you to utilize these year in better preparation for examination.

To get any detail about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in
15th July 2017, 06:48 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, there is no issue if you want to take two years academic gap for preparation of Civil Services examination. You can also utilize these two years by enrolling in distance master's degree course. Civil Services examination is one of the toughest exam of India which requires 2 years continuous preparation.

You should prepare current events happening at national and international level for minimum of 2 years duration. NCERT books are very helpful in preparation of this exam. When you attain minimum age, you can apply for Civil Services exam.
15th July 2017, 09:15 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC for recruitment of candidates as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S Officer.

The required eligibility to pursue course is :

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

The age limit is between 21 - 32 years with relaxation of 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST.

So, as per your age you will be not eligible to appear in examination just after completing your bachelor degree.

You have to wait for another two year and in these two year you must prepare for examination with determination, dedication and devotion to qualify in examination in very first attempt.

To get further detail visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th July 2017, 09:21 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The full form of IAS is Indian Administrative Services.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services exam:

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree from a recognized university.

Age limit: The age limit is 21-32 years.

If you have not attained minimum age of 21 years then you can take two years gap to apply for Civil Services exam.
15th July 2017, 03:43 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

--> The minimum criteria required for appearing in IAS examination i.e; Civil Services examination are as following :-

* You must hold the citizenship of India.

* Your age must lie in between 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of same degree are also eligible.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility to appear in Civil Services examination after two years of completion of your graduation degree course then I would like to let you know that you are definitely eligible as gap in academic years or after academics does not matters for anyone's eligibility for Civil Services examination.

For more detailed information associated to Civil Services examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th July 2017, 05:56 PM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.

You can take two years gap if you are not 21 years of age to apply for IAS examination. The minimum age limit to apply for IAS exam is 21 years.

In terms of academic qualification, candidate should be graduate. There is no specific percentage requirement to appear for this exam.
15th July 2017, 08:17 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can take 2 years gap after completion of your graduation to appear in IAS examination. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to apply for IAS examination. The age criteria required to appear in IAS examination is 21 to 32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules to apply for IAS examination. So, you can take 2 years gap after your graduation to prepare for IAS examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?