7th February 2017, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

If I score 85% marks in graduation, will I be eligible for IAS exam?

I am a student of BBA Graduation. My percentage is 67% in HSCE & 57% in CHSE. If I get 85% in Graduation, can I appear IAS exam?

7th February 2017, 08:10 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: If I score 85% marks in graduation, will I be eligible for IAS exam?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in IAS examination after completion of your Graduation in BBA course with 85% aggregate marks from a recognised university. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to appear in IAS examination. No specific percentage criteria in Graduation is required to appear in IAS examination.
7th February 2017, 08:51 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: If I score 85% marks in graduation, will I be eligible for IAS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a student of BBA Graduation. My percentage is 67% in HSCE & 57% in CHSE. If I get 85% in Graduation, can I appear IAS exam?

Yes, you are eligible for the IAS examinations after scoring 85% marks in graduation. The candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree (graduation) in any discipline from a recognized university shall be eligible for the IAS (Civil Service Examinations) examinations.
There is no marks eligibility for civil service examinations. The Civil Service Examinations are conducted by the UPSC. The civil service examinations have Preliminary Examination, Main Examination, and Interview. The examinations are conducted once in a year. The civil service examinations are one of the toughest examinations in India. The UPSC website link is Click Here
7th February 2017, 10:11 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for IAS exam as per your qualification. There is no restriction on minimum percentage of marks to be secured in the qualifying degree.

The eligibility criteria required to apply for IAS exam are as under :-

-The candidate should be an Indian.

-The candidate should have passed graduation degree in any discipline with any percentage from a government recognized university.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 32 years for general category.There is relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidates, 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 10 years for PWD (People with Disability) candidates.

-Selection process is conducted in three phases:

* CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test) in May/June.

* Mains (Civil Services Mains) in Oct/Nov.

* Personality test (Interview) in Feb/Mar of the following year.
7th February 2017, 11:17 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible to apply for IAS recruitment examination. Basically there is no certain minimum percentage required in order to be eligible. So make sure you successfully pass the Graduation in order to be eligible. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in IAS recruitment examination is "Graduate Degree" OR Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. As you are done with Graduation I am very sure that you are certainly eligible to apply for IAS Exam.
8th February 2017, 12:10 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After completion of BBA course, you are eligible for IAS exam. This exam is conducted by UPSC through Civil Service exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam. This exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?