13th June 2017, 09:01 AM
Unregistered

Can i take admission after 12th science with PCM group only on basis of state board exam?

I want to do Ph D in physics after 12th std. I am still studying in maharashtra state board . Can i take admission only on basis of state board exam's percentage?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I give Re exam through chattisgarh board after appearing for Maharashtra state board for standard 12th science
  2. How can I get admission to study B.Sc(IT) in Delhi if secured 63% in 12th PCM BSEB?
  3. Can I get a seat in any engineering college in Maharashtra on the basis of 12th board marks after scoring 92% in PCM?
  4. Can I take admission into B.Arch on the basis of 12th science through management quota in Pune City? I have scored 133 marks in PCM
  5. Can I get admission in engineering college at Gujarat if studying 12th from CBSE Board?
  6. How can I pursue Automobile course after completing class 12th with Arts stream? Do I need to appear for class 12th exam again with Science stream?
  7. What type of opportunities are open to study in science or technical field? I have passed 12th in PCM group from UP board
  8. Can I get admission for AIEEE Exam having scored pass marks in 12th class with PCM and an aggregate of 55%?
  9. How can I prepare to secure 87% in 12th PCM WBCHSE Board exam?
  10. In which government college can I get after passing 12th with PCM? I have secured 70% marks in board examination
  11. Can I get a seat in B.Tech in BITS by Inter Marks?
  12. Can I appear in Engineering entrance exams on NIOS Science basis having completed 11th Commerce?
  13. Can I reappear in 12th with NIOS Board if failed from CBSE? Is there any problem to get admission in Engineering on NIOS basis? Regional centre of NIOS in Lucknow?
  14. Is it necessary to pursue Science and Maths to further study BCA? Eligibility and percentage criteria to study BCA outside Kerala for 12th Commerce state Board candidate?
  15. Would I be considered under the 75% state(Gujarat) reservation quota for taking admission in Gujarat engineering colleges? I have done 10th(ICSE board) and 12th(CBSE board) from Gujarat. I have domicile of Gujarat
  16. How to get in oriental college of Bhopal?
  17. Possibility to study 11th and 12th Science of CBSE privately for Andhra State Board candidate?
  18. Admission to B.Tech on the basis of board exam percentage? -- [Most Discussed]
13th June 2017, 12:25 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i take admission after 12th science with PCM group only on basis of state board exam?

You can't do Ph.D. just after passing 12th standard.

In order to do Ph.D., you will have to first complete your graduation course.

In addition, you will have to secure decent marks in graduation so as to apply for Ph.D. course.

Your marks in PCM group of 12th will also have importance while applying for Ph.D.
13th June 2017, 02:47 PM
GopinKumar

Post Re: Can i take admission after 12th science with PCM group only on basis of state board exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to do Ph D in physics after 12th std. I am still studying in maharashtra state board . Can i take admission only on basis of state board exam's percentage?
Helloo there, The basic eligibility to do PhD in any institute is to pass Post graduation in relevant subject. Thus, If you are planning to go for PhD in Physics, you have to pursue your graduation and pot graduation in Physics or related subjects. Then you can definitely go for research. You can pursue your BSc and MSc in Physics in reputed institutes like Delhi university, Banaras Hindu University, Lovely Professional University, SRM university etc. You can definitely find a good place for higher studies.
13th June 2017, 02:59 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i take admission after 12th science with PCM group only on basis of state board exam?

Yes, why not, admission in 12th in any board is given on basis of your result in tenth standard. Top schools and colleges give admission to candidates who have done well and secured good percentage of marks in board examination.

As you have done 10th from Maharashtra State Board,it will be better for you to continue your study from same board. You can take admission in any stream as per your interest.
13th June 2017, 05:32 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

You have lack of knowledge one can not pursue Ph.D directly after Intermediate. So let me tell you that first of all you should complete Intermediate. After that you must be a holder of graduation and Master's degree from a recognized university.
You must have scored more than 60% aggregate in all. As because according to my knowledge you need to clear entrance exam for Ph.D. Average marks will be calculated upto Master's degree. Your average marks should not less than 60%. Then only you will be eligible to pursue Ph.D.
13th June 2017, 06:14 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

As far as you are concerned about pursuing Ph.D in Physics after completion of your Class 12th with PCM group then for your information I would like to let you know that you are not eligible for Ph.D course directly after completion of your Class 12th as for the same degree course the minimum educational qualification required is a Master's degree from a recognized university.

Therefore to pursue Ph.D in Physics degree course you will first need to complete your bachelor degree course followed by Master's degree course with a stream that includes Physics as a main subject.
13th June 2017, 10:04 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot a direct admission after 12th because to study PhD the candidate should have done M.Sc in physics or material science or any physics related stream.

So first you need to complete your masters education in any physics related stream with minimum 60% from any recognised university and there is 5% relaxation for SC/ ST candidates.
You need to attend any national legal entrance test in physics while studying masters like GATE the rank should less than 300 this rank may vary based on the state and university.
After completing your masters education then you need to choose a college for your PhD then apply for it. The selection will be done based on the mark list of your previous year education and personal interview, if you are in the top list then you'll get admission in the college/ university.
14th June 2017, 12:41 AM
venus94

No, you can't take admission directly in PhD without a bachelors and masters degree with you. All you can do is opt for integrated masters degree after completing your schooling.
14th June 2017, 01:53 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Please note that you can not do Ph.D course immediately after completion of 12th class.

The minimum academic qualification that is required to do Ph.D course is by completion of M.Phil

As per your 12th class percentage of marks from Maharashtra state board, yes you are eligible to join next academic level courses like Graduation but not Ph.D

State Board percentage of marks in 12th class will be accepted everywhere. There is nothing to worry about it.

So, I suggest you to opt for Graduation in the course which you are interested and where your knowledge and skills are being better utilized.

Once you complete Graduation, opt for Graduation in the respective stream.

There would be entrance exam to join Post Graduation but for Graduation, entrance exam is required only for few courses.

After you complete your Post Graduation, you should complete M.Phil. Only after that you are eligible to do Ph.D

It would take so much of time to complete all these academic levels. But there is good demand for Ph.D candidates.

They will be treated as Professors and be given higher level positions in colleges, universities and other organizations.
14th June 2017, 10:11 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

After class 12th you need to complete graduation and post graduation degree from recognized university after which you are eligible for the PhD program for which you need to qualify JRF exam .Make sure that Physics should be the prime subject while studying graduation and post graduation .
14th June 2017, 10:40 PM
help100%

It's good to see that you are interested in pursuing PhD in Physics but for that after your 10+2 board exam, you need to acquire BSc in Physics then MSc in Physics thereafter appear in NET and after cracking it you will get opportunity to pursue research in top prestigious institution across India or you can apply to non NET Universities to pursue research or PhD. PhD is nothing but research in a topic or subject which interests you and will benefit the human race.
15th June 2017, 12:54 AM
kachhadiyaramesh

No. It's not possible to apply Ph.D (Physics) just after completion of 12th class. To pursue Ph.D (Physics), You must have passed M.Sc or M.Phil in physics from a recognized university. Admission to Ph.D (Physics) will be based on entrance exam conducted by university.

Major Subjects
- Environmental Radioactivity
- Atmospheric Physics
- Nuclear and Radiation Physics
- Electro-optic and NLO Material
- Crystal Growth and Characterization
- Positron Annihilation Studies
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?