10th January 2016, 09:18 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility for IAS exam for a married woman pursuing graduation?

I am now 21 years old married woman and I am studying in graduation. In Feb 2009, I got married in the age of 17.Now I have a kid also. May I apply for IAS exam after doing my graduation in future please guide me.

Related Questions:
  1. Is a married woman eligible for IAS exam? What's the eligibility criteria for IAS exam? I have done MCA and M.Sc(IT)
  2. Am I eligible for IAS exam? I am a 30 years old married woman, belong to Jammu & Kashmir and got married in HP
  3. Am I eligible for IAS exam? I am a 29 years old married woman(Graduate) and having two kids, belong to Hindu religion and got married in Muslim religion
  4. Am I eligible for IAS if haven't studied 12th?
  5. What should I do? I am married woman and having a kid. How may I pursue my B.Ed Education? Currently, I am pursuing Masters of Public Administration form IGNOU
  6. How may I become a psychologist? I am a 25 years old married woman and having graduation in science
  7. Possibility to get admission in 10th as a Private candidate if completed Graduation being a 27 years old married woman?
  8. Can a married person apply for IAS exam?
  9. Can a 22 years old married woman having 50% marks in graduation, apply for Army?
  10. Is it possible to prepare for IAS exam after completing my incomplete graduation being a married girl?
  11. How can i become an IAS officer if I took a gap after Graduation? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Can I prepare for IAS exam if I am a student pursuing B.Com Hons from DU?
  13. Which one course will suit on me either B.Ed, NTT, PNTT or Art & craft course? I have got only 37% in my graduation(B.Com). What's the eligibility criteria and fee structure for the same?
  14. Is it possible to fill IAS prelims form using 2nd graduation degree?
  15. Can I become an IAS officer? I am a 25 years old
  16. What is the eligibility for IAS? I am 23 years old student
  17. Which will be most preferred field for graduation to become an IAS Officer?
  18. What is the eligibility criteria for LIC DO exam?
10th January 2016, 01:07 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for IAS exam for a married woman pursuing graduation?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for Civil Services examination after completing your graduation degree.

To appear for civil services examination candidate need to have graduation from recognised university and age between 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved category.

The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all stages for final selection.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
10th January 2016, 01:25 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service and to become an I.A.S Officer, you have to qualify in Civil Services examination.

Yes, you are eligible to appear for examination even if you have kid. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university.

Candidate age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, you need to continue your preparation to qualify in examination. The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all these stages for final recruitment.

To get information about examination id detail visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
10th January 2016, 05:22 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you can complete graduation then surely you will be eligible for IAS exam. All you have to make sure is age which should be between 21 to 32 years if you are from general category. Hence, if you have a degree at the moment then you can apply surely this year.

Selection will be based on the performance in the written exam and interview conducted by UPSC. There will be CSAT, mains and Interview stages.
10th January 2016, 06:26 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# IAS means Indian Administrative Service.

# Please note that IAS/IPS Examination has nothing to do with the marital status of the candidate. Both married and unmarried candidates are equally eligible for Civil Service Examination.

# Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) hold the combined competitive examination namely Civil Service Examination for following services mentioned below:

* Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
* Indian Police Service (IPS)
* Indian Revenue Service (IRS)
* Indian Custom and Excise Service
* and many more

# Required eligibility criteria are:

* Must be Indian national.
* Graduate in any discipline from recognised university.
* Candidate in final year are also eligible but only provisionally
* Just passing marks required in graduation.
* Must bear moral character without any criminal or unwanted record.

# Age limit fixed for Civil Service Examination:

* Must be above the age of 21 years for all candidates.
* Must not above the age of 32 years in the case of candidate of General category.
* Must not above the age of 35 years in the case of candidate of OBC category.
* Must not above the age of 37 years in the case of candidate of SC & ST categories.
* Must not above the age of 47 years for physically handicapped category.

# There is provision of fixing certain number of attempts separately for all categories which is as follows:

* General category is permitted only six attempts.
* OBC category is permitted only nine attempts.
* SC and ST categories are permitted only Unlimited attempts

# Useful books for Civil Service Examination:

* Indian Economy & Performance and Policies by Uma Kapila
* India's Struggle for Independence by Bipin Chandra
* India Since Independence by Bipin Chandra
* A History of Modern World by Ranjan Chakravati
* Indian Constitution by Subhash Kashyap
* Indian Constitution by P.M. Bakshi
* Indian and World Geography by Majid Hussain
* Mc Graw Hill Education Series: Indian Polity for Civil Services Examination by M. Laxmikanth
* Mc Graw Hill Education Series: Indian Economy for Civil Service Examination by Ramesh Singh
10th January 2016, 07:09 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am now 21 years old married woman and I am studying in graduation. In Feb 2009, I got married in the age of 17.Now I have a kid also. May I apply for IAS exam after doing my graduation in future please guide me.
Yes, you are eligible for IAS exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 7 attempts
For OBC category:- 9 attempts
For SC/ST category:- No limit
10th January 2016, 07:26 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for IAS exam for a married woman pursuing graduation is same as that for all other candidates.

Eligibility :
  • Candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university.
  • There is no minimum percentage criteria.
  • Age of candidate must be from 21 to 32 years. There is relaxation for reserved category candidates also.

If you fulfil these eligibility criteria, you can apply for IAS examination.
10th January 2016, 10:15 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. It comes under Civil Services of India. UPSC conducts Civil Services exam for this service and has following eligibility criteria:

>>Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for exam.

>>The minimum age limit on 1st August of year of exam is 21 years. Upper age limit is 32 years for general category candidates and upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category.

Yes, you can apply for exam after completion of graduation. Marital status is not considered in eligibility criteria. Both unmarried and male candidates are eligible for exam.
10th January 2016, 10:28 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Civil Services examination is one of the most prestigious and toughest examination of India in which candidates who are married as well as unmarried are eligible to appear but they must fulfill age criteria. The age limit for exam is 21-32 years and upper age relaxation of three years to OBC and five years candidates to SC/ST category.

Any graduate can apply for this exam. You will be eligible for exam after completion of your bachelor's degree. In recent years, many married female candidates have qualified in this exam, so you need to give your best to crack this exam.
10th January 2016, 11:55 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
The UPSC is conducting examination for the IAS. The eligibility is a graduation in any stream from a recognized university. The upper age limit is 32 years for general category, for OBC 35 years and for SC/ST 37 years. There are Preliminary Exam, Main Exam and Interview for the selection. The aspirant should complete first the preliminary examination. The UPSC website link is given here for your reference http://www.upsc.gov.in/. It is a prestigious job, so you have to prepare well for a job.
14th January 2016, 10:10 PM
GraphicDesiner

Smile Re: Eligibility for IAS exam for a married woman pursuing graduation?

Quote:
You can apply for IAS after completing your graduation or in the final year of your graduation,
Age limit is 21 to 30 years for General Category in which you are lying.
But the Graduation is necessary to apply for the IAS exam.
So be prepare for the exam you have enough time.
All the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?