4th March 2013, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

Can I write CDSE entrance exam without writing NDA Entrance exam?

can we write cdse exam without writing an NDA exam.?

Related Questions:
24th March 2013, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I write CDSE entrance exam without writing NDA Entrance exam?

sir,iam studing mec second yr and next iwant to do b.com and i want to join indian army iam sixteen years old please give me answer
24th March 2013, 05:37 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

Yes, without writing NDA, one can write CDSE as there is no connection in between, the two are separate for different category candidate.

CDSE - Combined Defence Service Examination conducted twice every year by UPSC as CDS-I and CDS-II to join Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian unmarried National having either appeared for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 25 years with good Physical and Mental Fitness.

So if you are Graduate with above mentioned eligibility criteria, then you are eligible to apply for CDSE.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
24th March 2013, 06:06 PM
stormtoppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Yes, of course you can appear for CDS examination. There is no direct relation between NDA and CDS Examination.
NDA exam is relation after your HSC, whereas CDS is related after your graduation.
24th March 2013, 06:53 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
YES, you can write the CDS exams even if you have not appeared in the NDA exams.

Both exams are conducted by UPSC and both are totally separate exams.

Below is the Eligibilty to appear in the CDS exams.

Education:
Indian Military Academy (IMA) - Graduation Pass in any Stream
Officers Training Academy (OTA) - Graduation Pass in any Stream
Indian Airforce- Graduation Pass with Physics and Mathematics as subjects in class 12th or BE/BTECH
Indian Navy - BE/BTECH

AGE LIMITS-
IMA- Between 19- 24 years
OTA Between 19- 25 years
NAVY - Between 19- 22 years
AIR FORCE - Between 19- 23 years

Next CDS exams will be held on 8th Sep 2013
Notification will come out on 25th May 2013
24th March 2013, 07:56 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

CDSE - Combined Defence Service Examination conducted twice evry year by UPSC for an entry in to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy.

The candidate aspiring for CDS, must be an Indian unmarried National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 25 years with good Physical and Mental Fitness.

Hence it is not required to write NDA to be eligible to write CDS as NDA(National Defence Academy) is meant for only Male candidate having completed 12th within the age of 16.5 to 19 years.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
24th March 2013, 08:46 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

There is no connection between NDA and CDS examination. There is no rule that you have to appear for NDA exam for CDSE Exam.

If you have the required qualification for CDS exam with required age then definitely you can apply for it.

NDA is for 10+2 passed candidates with age between 16.5 to 19 years. If you want to join NDA then you have to apply for this exam which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

After you complete your Graduation then you will become eligible for CDS Examination.The age must be between 19 to 25 years for CDS Examination.

The examination will have some stages that you have to clear with merit:

-Written Examination

-SSB Interview

-Medical Examination

So be prepared for the above stages if you really want to become an officer in Indian Defence.

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
24th March 2013, 09:27 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

In order to give CDSE exam it is not compulsory that you must have given the NDA examinations before ,that is at 10+2.Just you need to fulfill the eligibility criteria after which you will be able to give CDS exams.

CDSE stands for the Combined defense services examinations.This examination is organised by the UPSC twice every year .This is just like but the eligibility criteria for both the examinations different.

>>10+2 is minimum educational qualifications required for the NDA whereas bachelor's degree is minimum requirement for the CDS exams.

>>Both male and female candidates can apply for the CDS exams.Indian citizenship is necessary in order to become eligible for the exam.

The age limitations for different academies are as follows:

Indian Military academy:19-24 years

Indian Naval academy:19-22 years

Officer's Training academy:19-25 years.

The important dates for the CDS 2 exam is as below:

Date of notification:25/05/2013

Last date of receiving application is :24/06/2013

Date of examination:08/09/2013.

The examination pattern is as below:

For online application ,you may visit http://www.upsconline.nic.in

Hope the information helps you.If you have any problem you can leave your message here.

all the best

aashisranjan784
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?