21st September 2011, 06:51 PM
renudwivedi7

Will I get extra attempt in IAS exam? I am a general candidate and got married with a OBC man. What would be my category now?

I am a general candidate and attempted one time IAS exam. iam going to be married to a OBC, I want to know then I will become an OBC . Will I get extra attempt that mean for IAS?

28th September 2015, 06:07 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I get extra attempt in IAS exam? I am a general candidate and got married with a OBC man. What would be my category now?

No, you will not get an extra attempt even if you are married to an OBC candidate, the category from which you appeared for the Civil Services examination first time will remain throughout the process of examination in every year.

At present the number of attempts from year 2015 is:

>>General candidate: 6

>>OBC candidate: 9

>>SC/ST candidate: no limit till upper age limit.

The age limit for the general candidate is 21-32 years and the upper age relaxed for OBC candidate upto three years and SC/ST candidates upto five years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?