30th January 2017, 11:11 PM
RAMAKRISHNATRIVEDI

Can my son appear in KCET exam if I am a Defence Personal posted out side Karnataka?

Hello, I am a Defence Personal posted out side Karnataka and my Son has has passed 11th from KV ASC Victoria Road, Bangalore and this year will appear for 12th exam. My family residing at Bangalore. Can my son appear in KCET exam?

31st January 2017, 11:04 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can my son appear in KCET exam if I am a Defence Personal posted out side Karnataka?

KCET (Karnataka Combine Entrance Test ) is a national entrance exam which is conducted for the admission in various college for the MBA course.

The educational requirement to seat in this entrance exam is to have Graduation degree in any streams. Allocation of MBA seats will only be done on the basis of CET rank.

But if your son don't have domicile of Karnataka then he will not be allowed for the KCET entrance exam because Candidates who are either daughters or sons of serving defence personnel from Karnataka i.e those whose parents at the time of joining the Defence services had declared that their home town was in Karnataka will also be not eligible for the KCET unless and until he/she will have domicile of Karnataka state.

So, If you want your son to apply for the KCET then you will have to show your residence proof of Karnataka, Only then after you he will be eligible for KCET.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?