5th August 2011, 07:51 PM
sanjivranjana

Can we apply for scholarship in Ph.D from USA without any work experience? What is the average cutoff of GMAT to get selected for scholarship in US business schools?

Can we apply for scholarship in Phd from USA without any work experience? What is the average cut off of GMAT to get selected for Scholarship in US business schools?

13th February 2017, 09:38 AM
Sameerthapar123

Default Re: Can we apply for scholarship in Ph.D from USA without any work experience? What is the average cutoff of GMAT to get selected for scholarship in US business schools?

Your question is self contradictory, you are asking for details of PhD in USA and then also are asking about the business schools.
Let me tell, if you do not know already that one cannot pursue both the things at the same time. Regardless, I will answer both your questions.
As far as PhD is concerned then you cannot do that with two things i.e
1. A masters in that field 2. A relevant job experience preferably in the country where you want to do a PhD.
Thus, if you want to do PhD from a reputed university/organization then you must have at least 1 year worth of work experience. Also, scholarships for PhD studies as rare in fact quite unheard of. While it may be manageable, you will surely need an extensive resume for the same which will mean that your need of doing a job increases even further.
As far as MBA in the USA in concerned, the scores in GMAT alone don't decide your fate. You must have a stellar resume and your letter of application must be quite good. Many colleges give the latter 2 more importance than the GMAT score.
As far as the GMAT score is concerned you must have anywhere from 550-800 to give yourself a fair chance at getting an admission in a reputed university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?