20th February 2011, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

Career in Telecommunication Industry after computer science engineering and poor programming skills?

actually i m confused what to do nd what not actually i m comuter science engg student nd i m very bad at programming nd i want to know abt carrerier in telecommunication sector

28th February 2011, 04:31 PM
Gaurav.jain88

Default Re: Career in Telecommunication Industry after computer science engineering and poor programming skills?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
actually i m confused what to do nd what not actually i m comuter science engg student nd i m very bad at programming nd i want to know abt carrerier in telecommunication sector
Telecommunication sector is a very good field for most of the branch including Computer science and IT. They can enter in Telecommunication sector of Govt or private. Telecommunication sector doesnot demand ECE student or Telecommunication student.
In govt. some PSUs like :

BSNL
JTO
AIR
Prasar Bharti

Conduct exam in which CS branch is eligible.

In private sector number of companies like Airtel, Vodafone, Ericssion, NSN, Aircel, Reliance Communication, TATA communication, hire candidates from CSE branch and doesn't give much attention on programming skills.But you should have good knowledge of communication.
28th February 2011, 09:22 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Career in Telecommunication Industry after computer science engineering and poor programming skills?

Since you have mentioned that you are poor in programming. You have two options where you can either go in for some course to improve on your programming skills or divert away from this field. If you want to pursue a programming field the you can go in for some short term course. It will be advisable for you to go in for an MBA course since you mentioned you are interested in technical side. You need to appear for the entrance exams in case you are interested in this field.
1st March 2011, 12:09 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

if you are bad in programing then obviously you should not join in software company. if you think that you have lots of interest in telecommunication field then you may join in this field. in communication field there are so many scope for computer science student.

there are so many processor is used in telecommunication system. you may join for maintainance for this system also in design and other field if you are interested.

beside telecommunication you may also go in networking field. lots of scope are there in networking field. you may take training for three months or six months on networking from any private institution if you are interested to work in networking field. this field is very much interesting and don't require any programing knowledge.

best wishes.
1st March 2011, 12:33 AM
sanjay kumar saini
Senior Member+

Hi,

As you had poor programming skills and you are B.Tech from computer science and you wanted to know about job opportunities in the Telecommunication sector.

so i would suggest you that you had not the most but also not the least scope in this field.as i think from this question of yours that you had interest in this field but you had reluculantly done B.Tech in CS.

In the companies of Telecommunications you can work as the maintainance of the hardware of the system .

you can also update the software related requirements essential in this field.

you can also work in the networking side of this field and can full fill your interest.
1st March 2011, 08:52 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Wink Re: Career in Telecommunication Industry after computer science engineering and poor programming skills?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So you are useless for software industry,because technical skills are very much importent then the education qualification.
You are unable to get a job not only in telecommunication but also in all sector of job.
Improve your programming skill very much in a short span of time...
1st March 2011, 01:11 PM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Hello,

Yes, you can make your career in Telecommunication Industry after computer science engineering and poor programming skills because after getting the job you will get a one year training regarding work.

If you are not having confidence then you can apply for other jobs where programming is not used. such as: -

1. BSNL

2. MTNL

3. Reliance Communication Ltd. ...... etc. .......

Good Luck
28th March 2011, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir i have doing mca can i do job in airtel?In future is there problem in promotion due to IT sector student
29th March 2011, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

what is required to join as a programmer in software company.please suggest me.......i am a b.tech(cse) final year student...
12th June 2011, 01:01 AM
Unregistered

im b.e final year student im not intrested in programming i want to go into networking field can u please tell me what to learn if i want to get into networking feild
14th June 2011, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

Hi friends,
I had done my B.E in electronics & telecommunication
& worked for 3.6 years in Ericsson as a consultant in operation domain.

Kindly recommend me which is the best course in telecom sector after B.E.,
as i had taken 10 months break from job after marriage .Again wants to persue my carrier in telecom sector,so that i can confidently face the interview & get a placement in a telecom vendor or operator companies.

Thanks

Rashmi Mishra
Bangalore
16th October 2011, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

I am b.tech student in computer science &engineering.....i want to know "can b.tech in computer science student gets job in industry and what is salary package?
15th April 2012, 08:31 PM
neat_raw

Since you have mentioned that you are poor in programming. You have two options where you can either go in for some course to improve on your programming skills or divert away from this field. If you want to pursue a programming field the you can go in for some short term course. It will be advisable for you to go in for an MBA course since you mentioned you are interested in technical side. You need to appear for the entrance exams in case you are interested in this field.
4th June 2012, 10:36 AM
Unregistered

i have completed my b.tech from CSE. I got a job in telecom company. Am not intrested to do a s/w job so i want to go with telecom job. Is it good or not for me?
7th June 2012, 11:57 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of btech(CS) and my programming skills are not so strong. So i want a field where need of programming is very less. Please help me so that i can take 6 weeks training. Please tell me about telecom sector and what kind of training and job i can take in telecom?
19th May 2013, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

In telecom sector any use of Programming?

AVINASH SHRIVASTAVA
7th November 2014, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

hello sir plz help me i m b.tech in cse and just time i m doing job in telecom as a bts how it is better me for permotion
7th February 2017, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

I am very confused that which field better for me because my programing language is very week so please sir suggest me my best carrier in telecom industry please
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?