26th August 2015, 01:24 PM
prajakta atre

Commerce student can apply for Food Inspector examination?

I am doing 2nd year B.com and i want to apply for food inspector exams..! i want to know about eligibility and if commerce cannot apply for this exams,then i want reason behind it...! and if there is other exams related to this course, then i would like to know about it..! thank you

27th August 2015, 12:14 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Commerce student can apply for Food Inspector examination?

Union Public Service Commission conducts All India Food Inspector Exam for recruitment of food inspectors in various offices around the country.This is a national level exam consisting of technical and aptitude based questions.

Educational qualification:

Aspirants possessing any of the following qualifications are eligible to apply for UPSC All India Food Inspector Exam

Graduates in medicine with one year training in food inspection.

Bachelors degree in science stream with chemistry as a compulsory.

Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture / Public Health/ Veterinary Science/Dairy Technology/Pharmacy / Food Technology.

Age relaxation:

Your minimum age should be 18 years.
Your age should not cross above 28 years.

Age relaxation :

For SC/ST + 5 years
For OBC + 3 years

for more details visit website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in
27th August 2015, 12:41 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajakta atre View Post
I am doing 2nd year B.com and i want to apply for food inspector exams..! i want to know about eligibility and if commerce cannot apply for this exams,then i want reason behind it...! and if there is other exams related to this course, then i would like to know about it..! thank you
No, you are not eligible for Food Inspector examination.

If you have completed graduation degree from a recognized university then you are eligible for Food Inspector examination.

But your age should be in between 18 to 27 years.
27th August 2015, 08:08 PM
satya14581

I think sorry to say you you are not eligible for food inspector examination
1.bachelor degree should be in science and chemical ,
2.graduation in medicine with year experience of food inspector then you are eligible for this
3.Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture / Public Health/ Veterinary Science/Dairy Technology/Pharmacy / Food Technology.
4. candidate age should be minimum 18 years age relaxation for sc/st is five years.
5.candidate age should be maximum 28 years age relaxation for obc candidate is 3 years

for more information visit the poratal
27th August 2015, 08:52 PM
Rashmuu

No you cannot go for the food inspector exam with commerce degree. UPSC conducts the food inspector examination , for ba eligible in this examination it is must to have a bachelor's degree in science stream.
28th August 2015, 12:42 PM
piki05

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajakta atre View Post
Your commerce stream will be helpful for the post junior accountant, but you cannot apply for the post of food inspector unless you have the following qualification and age.

Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture / Public Health/ Veterinary Science/Dairy Technology/Pharmacy / Food Technology.

Graduates in medicine with one year training in food inspection.

Bachelors degree in science stream with chemistry as a compulsory.

You must be in age of 18 to 27 yrears

Age relaxation
Your minimum age should be 18 years.
Your age should not cross above 28 years.
For SC/ST + 5 years
For OBC + 3 years

You must be Indian.
4th October 2019, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

Commerce student can apply for Health Inspector examination?
I completed B.com and i want to apply for health inspector exams..! i want to know about eligibility and if commerce cannot apply for this exams,then i want reason behind it...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?