3rd April 2011, 11:38 AM
srishti srishti

Procedure to become a Food Inspector for B.E(Food processing technology) student?

I am pursuing a BE course in Food Processing Tech from GTU. I want to have a job as FOOD INSPECTOR. What should i do?
what is the procedure for recruitment as a food inspector.

3rd April 2011, 01:46 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Procedure to become a Food Inspector for B.E(Food processing technology) student?

Procedure to become a Food Inspector:
  • Obtain an undergraduate degree in food safety or a related field such as agriculture, biology or chemistry from an accredited college or university.
  • Take certification classes offered by your local bureau of food and meat inspection. Becoming certified in the area of food inspection looks great on your resume and helps you qualify for better-paying food inspector jobs.
  • Enroll in the USDA Inspection Training Program. Complete the necessary application, which you can download from the United Fresh Produce Association website. The program is available at both the introductory and senior levels.

• List at least one year's experience in the food industry on your resume, particularly in an industry that processes and handles food. This is necessary if you haven't obtained at least a bachelor's degree in the fields listed in the first step.

• Apply to companies and agencies seeking food inspectors. Both state and federal agencies employ food inspectors. Private food companies have jobs as well. Choose the path you feel is right for you.

3rd April 2011, 03:20 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

Default Re: Procedure to become a Food Inspector for B.E(Food processing technology) student?

Eligibility:

Age limit :

21 to 35 years of age as on 01 July 2010.
There is relaxation for the reserved category candidates in upper age limit

procedure to become food inspector ::

1.get undergraduate degree in food safety or a related field such as agriculture, biology or chemistry.

2.join certification classes offered by your local bureau of food and meat inspection.

3.Apply for USDA Inspection Training Program. application form can can download from
the United Fresh Produce Association website.

4.Apply to companies and agencies seeking food inspectors.
29th April 2011, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

IAM DOING MY B.TECH(FOOD PROCESSING TECHNOLOGY)..PLS GUIDE FOR MY M.TECH ....TO JOIN IN WHICH TOP MOST INSTITUTE
30th April 2011, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

iam doing my B.Tech(Food Process Engineering) am I eligible to take food inspector exam?
13th May 2011, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

HI
i am doing B.sc(H) food technology am i eligible for M.tech
(foodtech) ????
16th June 2011, 10:16 AM
Unregistered

I want to am pursuing a BE course in Food Processing . I want to have a job as FOOD INSPECTOR. What should i do?
what is the procedure for recruitment as a food inspector.[/QUOTE]
17th June 2011, 05:29 AM
Unregistered

r thr distance courses in Food Safety.
while pursuing B.Tech in Food Technology
13th November 2011, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

i am persuing bba. am i eligible to become a food inspector
15th November 2011, 10:26 AM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

Eligibility:

Age limit :

21 to 35 years of age as on 01 July 2010.
There is relaxation for the reserved category candidates in upper age limit

procedure to become food inspector ::

1.get undergraduate degree in food safety or a related field such as agriculture, biology or chemistry.

2.join certification classes offered by your local bureau of food and meat inspection.

3.Apply for USDA Inspection Training Program. application form can can download from
the United Fresh Produce Association website.

4.Apply to companies and agencies seeking food inspectors.
17th December 2011, 12:39 AM
Unregistered

HIE, WE ARE IN B-TECH 3RD YEAR, WE ARE VERY MUCH TENSED ABOUT OUR FUTURE,SO PLZ ANYBODY HELP US TO TELL ABOUT GOOD FUTURE AFTER BECOMING FOOD ENGINEER.
28th January 2012, 01:50 AM
Unregistered

i am b.pharm student and currently studying food science technology programme from centennial college canada..
please give me details regarding how to become food inspector??
27th February 2012, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

i am a B. Tech Food Technology student tell me how can be me became a food inspector
[email protected]
4th April 2012, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

how to appyl to food inspector jib
30th May 2012, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

I completed Bsc a long back. I completed my MBA in 2012. Now i am 35years. I wish to do msc . Is it possible for me to do it? Which Msc in correspondence will suit me? Please suggest an idea, pls
22nd June 2013, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

B.tech from MPUAT,UDAIPUR in food technolgy is benificial or not???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?