2nd January 2010, 10:00 AM
saurabhkanchan02

Is is compulsary to appear for 1st stage of CA examination when completed graduation with more than 60% marks?

Hi, I know that CA examination is conducted in 3 stages. But I would like to enquire about if a person has completed graduation with more then 60% marks then in the 1st stage it was compulsory to appear in or not. In some of the articles i have seen that it was not compulsory so I am slightly confused regarding this matter.

1st September 2016, 11:36 AM
sarika1993

Default Re: Is is compulsary to appear for 1st stage of CA examination when completed graduation with more than 60% marks?

Yes. You have read right. If you have completed your graduation , then you can enroll for directly IPCC course. CA is regulated by ICAI (Institute of Charted Accountants , New Delhi.

CA Stages
- CPT
- IPCC
- 3 Years Articleship under practicing C.A.
- C.A. Final

How to Become A CA
- Register for IPCC course after graduation.
- Qualify the IPCC papers with good score.
- Get Information Technology training.
- Register for Articleship.
- After completion of your articleship , Register for CA Final course.
- Qualify the CA Final papers.
- After completion of CA Final , You will get membership of ICAI.
1st September 2016, 08:06 PM
girishakukrej

Default Re: Is is compulsary to appear for 1st stage of CA examination when completed graduation with more than 60% marks?

No it is not compulsory for a graduate to give the CPT exam which is the first stage for most of the candidates who apply for CA.
But this is actually the first stage for students who have passed out of 12th standard and are new to commerce stream.
For graduates however if they belong to the commerce stream they may not give this exam and can directly appear for stage 2 which is IPCC.
Commerce graduates though must have a minimum of 55% in their graduate course and the other graduates must have 60% in their graduate course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?