18th September 2016, 02:19 AM
Unregistered

Which the paper schedule are stand for UPSC (IPS) examination?

I want to know that which paper are there in UPSC civil services examination? And the number distribution of these etc.? Can you please guide me with the complete information about the exam? It will be really helpful if you can answer me back soon!

18th September 2016, 09:34 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which the paper schedule are stand for UPSC (IPS) examination?

The full details about different stages of Civil Services examination is as below:

1. Preliminary examination.

It consists of to papers, first paper is General studies paper of 200 marks. It contains objective multiple choice questions from History Polity, Geography, Science and technology and current affairs.

Second paper of this stage is Civil Services Aptitude Test. It is of qualifying nature and you need to score minimum of 33% marks in it.

Those who clear this stage become eligible for next stage.

2. Mains examination:

It consists of following papers:

Paper I and Paper II are language papers, which you need to qualify.

Paper III is Essay, Paper IV, V, VI, VII is General Studies Paper and Paper VIII, IX are two optional paper from same subject.

3. Last stage is interview.
18th September 2016, 02:05 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which the paper schedule are stand for UPSC (IPS) examination?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to know that which paper are there in UPSC civil services examination? And the number distribution of these etc.? Can you please guide me with the complete information about the exam? It will be really helpful if you can answer me back soon!

The UPSC Civil Service examination has three parts to qualify. They are Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Interview. The Preliminary examination has two papers; Paper 1: General Studies and Paper 2: Aptitude Test (CSAT). The Preliminary examination paper 1 consists of;

Current events of National and International importance
History of India and Indian National Movement
Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World
Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issue etc
Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives etc
General Issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio diversity and Climate Change
General Science

Paper II syllabus;

Comprehension
Interpersonal Skills including communication skills
Logical reasoning and analytical ability
Decision making and Problem solving
General Mental ability
Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc - Class X level) Data Interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc – Class X level)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?