5th September 2012, 04:23 PM
pradeepgwd

Is a correspondence degree student eligible for IAS exam?

correspondance degree is eligible for ias exam...please tell me if thats tru

Related Questions:
  1. Am i eligible for IAS exam after doing B.A correspondence
  2. Am i eligible for Tamil Nadu SI exam after my correspondence degree in B.Sc ?
  3. After completion of BSc degree in IHM am I eligible to sit for IAS exam?
  4. Am I eligible for IAS entrance exam after completing B.Com? I am doing B.Com from IGNOU by correspondence
  5. Am I eligible for IAS entrance exam after doing the 3 years degree course in BSc Optometry?
  6. Does KSOU Degree is eligible for IAS Exam?
  7. After completing correspondence B.A degree in Kannada can I write IAS exam?
  8. Can I be eligible for NET, SET exam after completing BSc computer science in regular and MSc software technology in correspondence -- [New]
  9. How may I take admission in 3 years law degree through correspondence? What's the eligibility criteria? I'm a student of National defence academy(Khadagwasla)
  10. Am I eligible for IAS exam after doing B.Com correspondence?
  11. Are correspondence degree course students eligible for civil services exams? Which degree courses can be studied after clearing the exam?
  12. Is correspondence B.Tech degree from Karnataka state open university eligible for KAS or IAS?
  13. Is a person eligible for IAS exam after completing B.Com degree from lateral entry? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Am I eligible for IAS if haven't studied 12th?
  15. List of universities providing correspondence course in law after passing 2nd year? Will I be eligible for legal career as in defence or in civil? I'm a student of NDA(Khadagwasla)
  16. Courses after graduation through Correspondence after B.Sc in Computer Science?
  17. Am I eligible to appear for IAS examination after doing B.A from correspondence
  18. Graduate with B.A. (English) is eligible for IAS Exam?
12th September 2012, 04:49 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is a correspondence degree student eligible for IAS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepgwd View Post
It is not mentioned anywhere that only Regular candidates are eligible for UPSC Civil services examination to become IAS Officer.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative services and to become IAS officer you just have to cracked the UPSC Civil services examination, this examination is conducted in two stages, preliminary examination and Main examination, Firstly you have to cracked the preliminary examination only then you are eligible for Mains.

Preliminary examination is Objective and there are total two papers in this examination and you have to cracked both.

If you cracked the preliminary examination then only you can apply for mains.

To apply for this examination, you have to complete your graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year appearing candidates are also eligible for this examination.

Your age should between 21 to 30 years, upper age relaxation is applicable for Reserved category candidates.

This year examination was almost completed and if you are interested in this examination then please wait for next year examination notification.

The notification is going to be published soon in next year in the month of February. After publishing the notification you are eligible to fill the application form online only. There is no offline application form facility is applicable for any candidates.

If you need more information about this examination then you can check the official website of UPSC.

http://www.upsc.gov.in
12th September 2012, 05:43 PM
sachin200792

IAS examination is conducted by UPSC. This exam is conducted for graduates. It is not required that the candidate must complete his/her graduation regularly.

To be able to sit in the exam, the candidate must be graduated from any recognized college or university. Candidate can have a degree in any trade or course. Even the graduates from correspondence degree courses are eligible to apply for the examination.

The UPSC examination has two stages : Preliminary exams and Mains.
You need to go through these exams to reach the interview stage.

There are age restriction. Your age bar must lie between 21-30 years. Reserved category candidates like SC/ST/Army men have age relaxation upto 35 years.

For complete information, you must go to the official UPSC portal website: http://www.upsc.gov.in
12th September 2012, 06:24 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

There is no specific IAS exam but to become an IAS(Indian Administrative Service) officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

For application to Civil Service Exam, the minimum academic qualification is Graduation in any stream of education from a recognised University. There is no mention of only regular Graduate candidate can apply for the exam. So a candidate having Graduation Degree through correspondence mode from a recognised University can apply and appear for Civil Service Exam.

Apart from this the candidate must be an Indian National within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate can apply for Civil Service exam.

For further information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
12th September 2012, 08:14 PM
sailagishetty

My dear friend.
IAS-INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES.
Not mentioned anywhere that only regular candidates are eligible for IAS.This exam conducted twice in a year by upsc.The exam have two stages are preliminary exam,main exam.For applying exam you have to complete your graducation from recognized university.Age limit for exam 21to30.For more details check website
www.upsc.Gov.In
13th September 2012, 06:56 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

IAS-Indian Administrative Service.

UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) is conducting this exam two times in a year.

Eligibility criteria:-

The candidates who wants to apply this exam is must have to complete bachelor's degree or any equivalent degree from a recognised university.

Final year studying candidates can also be eligible.

Percentage is not required to apply this exam.

The candidate must be a citizen of india.

Age criteria:-

For general category candidates 21 years to 30 years,

For OBC category candidates 21years to 33 years,

For SC/ST category candidates 21years to 35years.

Number of attempts:-

4 times General candidates,

7 times for OBC candidates,

No limit for SC/ST candidates.

Selection procedure:-

***Civil services preliminary exam,

***Civil services main exam,

***Personal interview.

For more details CLICK HERE
14th September 2012, 08:28 PM
mustafa tahasildar
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepgwd View Post

MORE DETAILS ABOUT IAS

*IAS-INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES.

*Not mentioned anywhere that only regular candidates are eligible for IAS.

*This exam conducted twice in a year by upsc.

*The exam have two stages are preliminary exam,main exam.For applying exam you have to complete your graducation from recognized university.Age limit for exam 21to30.

For more details check website
www.upsc.Gov.In
2nd October 2012, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

sir, how will apply the IAS coaching class in Manitheneyam chennai? pls tell me.. Gowri
1st December 2012, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

i am be mechanical engg. 1st Yeas student.can i attend ias and ips exam my number 9713273086
6th December 2012, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

i am @11 standard.......viscom degree is eligible for IAS or IPS My No Is 9941703062.........plz clarify my doubt.........!!!:):):)
16th January 2013, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

Is a AMIE correspondence degree student eligible for IAS/IPS exam?
18th June 2013, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

I am student of basic Bsc nursing UG course student . Then i also eligible for IAS EXAMINATION after complition of degree. Plz tell me.
12th November 2013, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

How to know that when CS exam will conducted and the fee structure for the same
9th December 2014, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

I'm 19 yrs old and doing ba in a correspondence college I heard you can directly right final year degree exams if I do so am I eligible for exams
26th July 2015, 09:15 AM
Unregistered

Now i am completed BAMS but future planing i have decided to doing B.A external next year ,now my question is can i apply to kas exam by B.A external deegree
15th May 2016, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

I am doing civil engineering by corespondance. I want to know how much preference is given to regular student as compare to corespondance.
12th October 2020, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

Is a corrospondance a viscom degree is eligible for IPS exam ??
22nd October 2020, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

Is correspondence BA degree is eligible for IAS exam?
20th May 2021, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed 2 puc in commerce, I thinking that one will do external b. Com, after completing external b. com can I write IAS
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?