25th July 2011, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

Which course is better between MBA and M.Tech having completed B.Tech?

Hi,
I have a doubt which i want to resolve. Which is better doing after b tech mba,m tech?

15th August 2011, 08:19 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Which course is better between MBA and M.Tech having completed B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
I have a doubt which i want to resolve. Which is better doing after b tech mba,m tech?
Doing M.Tech or MBA completely depends on your choice and your necessities to say correctly if you want Money you choose M.B.A
If you want to get degrees like Ph.D and all then it is correct to choose M.Tech course.

My view is not to say M.Tech doesn't give you good sum of money but what I want to say is M.Tech Graduates will not get the earning potential which is equal to the earning potential of MBA graduates.

Doing M.Tech or MBA will depend upon some factors like
->If you like technical gadgets and wants to design a gadget on your own with your programming and something else like that you should do M.tech after completing your B.tech

->If you want to establish a company and give jobs to some of them then you need to develop managerial skills in you for that reason you may opt for MBA course.

In this way you can decide your path in higher studies. Don't ever believe others false suggestions like "Do MBA Opportunities will be back of you"
"Don't do M.Tech its worst, It will be same like B.Tech life"

Don't believe all such kind of words by others always believe in you and do what your hearts says to do. It will be 99 per Cent correct . Believe me I do the same.

This is all what I can share with you uptill now.
If you have any further queries regarding this or anything else you can feel free to contact through forum.

Regards

~AdityA~
15th August 2011, 08:39 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course is better between MBA and M.Tech having completed B.Tech?

hi dear
you ask a good question
but solution in on your,
because candidate decide after engineering degree then what they do
if after degree you decided Company sector job
then you go for MBA with no doubt.
if after degree you decided for research or lectureship line then you go for
M.TECH.
i only suggestion you what is the way of course
you decide what you do?
15th August 2011, 08:44 PM
Md_Rahim313

Default Re: Which course is better between MBA and M.Tech having completed B.Tech?

Being from engineering background both MBA and M.Tech is better for you.
It depends up on your own ability and future planning.

First of all check what type of job you are expecting, weather from managerial side or technical side. Both have good scope in future.

Best of luck.
15th August 2011, 08:45 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

Well both course are equally good in term of getting a good placement and rest depend on your area of interest .

If you have interest in the management fields then you can apply for the MBA.There are many streams in which you can pursue your course and you can choose it according to your area of interest.To get admission in good college you can take exams like CAT,MAT.Both these exams are done in the national level.

CAT exam is conducted by the IIM's and this examination is done for the admission in the IIM's college.IIM's are the best business school in the India.The eligibility criteria for the exam is that you must have done your graduation in any stream with 50% marks .

MAT exam is conducted 4 times in a year and it is conducted by AIMA.The eligibility criteria is you must have done your graduation .There is no percentage bar and the age limit for the examination .

But if you are interested in the technical things then you should go for Mtech because it will give you the details information about the things which you are studying.To get admission in good Mtech college you can take GATE exam.GATE exam is conducted by the IIT's for admission in the IIT's and NIT's and other good colleges which requires GATE score card . Eligibility for the GATE is that you must have done your 4 year engineering degree or you must have done MSC in any science subjects.The GATE score card is valid for 2 years and there is no limit to take the exam.

So choice is your both these courses are very good with respect to future scope .
15th August 2011, 08:47 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
both M.B.A & M.TECH are good after B.TECH this depend upon you to what to choose
its better to take mba , after which you can get good company as well as some government jobs.
like.......
NTPC
BSNL
NALCO
DRDO
ISRo
BHEL
etc...
in private like..
TCS
WIPRO
IBM
DELL
etc....
for mba you have to prepare for cat, mat , xat etc .
after that you can take admission in college.

good luck....
15th August 2011, 10:03 PM
Harshita21

After completing B.Tech there are two common courses for students these are MBA and M.Tech.

Which is prefer it depends on your interest.

# If interested in Research fellowship or lectureship or in any Education line field
then M.Tech is the best option no confusion without any dought.

# If interested in Companies then opt for MBA after MBA you can join any company
as an HR , IT manager, Marketing Executive , CEO etc.
15th August 2011, 10:07 PM
Harshita21

Arrow Re: Which course is better between MBA and M.Tech having completed B.Tech?

After completing B.Tech there are two common courses for students these are MBA and M.Tech.

Which is prefer it depends on your interest.

# If interested in Research fellowship or lectureship or in any Education line field
then M.Tech is the best option no confusion without any dought.

# If interested in Companies then opt for MBA after MBA you can join any company
as an HR , IT manager, Marketing Executive , CEO etc.
15th August 2011, 10:26 PM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
As far as the M-Tech stream is concerned, it would be advisable to persue and prepare for the GATE Exam. Although highly competitive again, GATE opens numerous avenues for scholarships and government aided studies into some of the most prestigious institutions in the country which include IITs and IIIT's.

Research grants in institutions are generous and most of those who qualify also pursue their doctoral research, some of whom later join the industry or academia.
CAT Scores are also accepted in entrance to specialized courses like the CCAP program from CRISIL. Which is actually an interesting prepositions for those who have interest in the financial sector. Candidates here are payed a stipend during the 2 year duration and are later absorbed into CRISIL after course completion. more details here: http://crisil(dot)com/ccap/edm-ccap/
15th August 2011, 11:54 PM
Bmsri

That totally depends on your interest. If you are interested in carrying your future in Technology side you can do M.tech or if you are interested in carrying your future in management field you can do MBA as your higher studies.
16th August 2011, 12:36 AM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

MBA and M.tech both are very different Field and choice is fully depend on you.
If you want to go in management field then you should go for MBA
and if you want to go in technical field then you should go for M.tech.
16th August 2011, 01:51 AM
deba93

Smile Re: Which course is better between MBA and M.Tech having completed B.Tech?

Hello dear friend,
First of all let me say you that being from engineering background both MBA and M.Tech is better for you.

It depends up on your own ability and future planning.

First of all check what type of job you are expecting, weather from managerial side or technical side. Both have good scope in future.

Hope this helps...
29th February 2012, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
I have appear last year B.Tech in Mechanical from Y.C.M.O.U. If I will choose lecturer field then which University give me the admission for the M.TECH in Mech.
Please give me the suggestion.
Thank You,
SHIAL
13th May 2012, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

Which course to take up between MBA and MS from abroad??
28th June 2012, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

to get admission in IIM kolkata what are the entrance exam's?please tell me...
22nd July 2012, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

IF I CHOSE M TECH IN EEE THEN WHAT COURSE WILL BE BETTER IN EEE TO GO FURTHER IN M TECH WHICH HAS HIGH SALARY AND GOOD OPPORTUNITIES IN INDIA AND ABROAD.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?