22nd June 2011, 11:05 PM
sunny93

Which course should I choose between Civil Engineering and Computer Science?

Respected,
I am in a great confusion. Please help me out. My problem is that I have 2 options CE & CSE. If I come to interest I'm interested in CSE but as per the job prospects, internet polls and specially my relatives CE is best.
I am an average student getting just 65% in 12th class(with PCM) and EEE ranking is also not that much good. So please help me out.
I am getting admission in the desired branch but I can not decide which should I choose.
Please tell me that which one is easier and which one can I study.

23rd June 2011, 11:59 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course should I choose between Civil Engineering and Computer Science?

You have achieved 65% at your 10+2 level, so you have shown some good performance.

The two courses which you mentioned civil engineering and CSE are having their own career opportunities.

One can have good jobs after the completion of both of the courses. But one small difference is Civil Engineering is ever green and demand for CSE course is high at some times and some times it is not even up to the mark.

But as of now, the demand for Computer science students is high. Top IT companies are recruiting the candidates by offering good salaries.

As you have interest in CSE, my sincere suggestion is to go for CSE so that you can become expertise in that particular area.
23rd June 2011, 12:22 PM
dineshpandiyan

Smile Re: Which course should I choose between Civil Engineering and Computer Science?

Both Civil Engineering and Computer Science are good course.

Some people thinking computer and IT field are down, so the Employment in

this field are very rare. It is not true, many foreign countries and Indian

companies invest the money to develop the IT field. So you don't worry

about it. your interest is to join computer science Enginnering and develop

the field.
23rd June 2011, 12:38 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Which course should I choose between Civil Engineering and Computer Science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny93 View Post
Respected,
I am in a great confusion. Please help me out. My problem is that I have 2 options CE & CSE. If I come to interest I'm interested in CSE but as per the job prospects, internet polls and specially my relatives CE is best.
I am an average student getting just 65% in 12th class(with PCM) and EEE ranking is also not that much good. So please help me out.
I am getting admission in the desired branch but I can not decide which should I choose.

CIVIL ENGINEERING OR COMPUTER SCIENCE ENGINEERING

Always know this the decision which you are going to make now for your college studies it's going to your future. So think well before selecting the course and don't just do it for chances.. Just keep in mind the following points to select your course...

-> Don't ever hear your parents or relatives or internet polls for selecting the course, what I mean here is if you are interested in some course and feel you can do well then go for it...

-> In your case you are interested in Computer Science so just go for it instead of civil engineering, civil engineering is way to different when compared with computer science..

-> There is no course which is said to be easier in engineering... each course as its own subjects which are difficult if you are not interested to study and it will be very easy if you are interested in it..

-> Job prospects is really good for both computer science and civil engineering in present..

-> Almost every computer engineer is placed by the end of his final year, so don't worry about the job prospects in future.. It will be good..

-> Don't be confused now.... just keep this important point.. Take the course which you are interested and work hard for it.. then for sure you will have a bright future...

All the Best...
23rd June 2011, 03:25 PM
sourindra

Default Re: Which course should I choose between Civil Engineering and Computer Science?

Both courses are good. You an choose your field in which subject you have interest.
23rd June 2011, 05:01 PM
sandymishra45

Lightbulb Re: Which course should I choose between Civil Engineering and Computer Science?

- Don't ever hear your parents or relatives or internet polls for selecting the course, what I mean here is if you are interested in some course and feel you can do well then go for it...

- In your case you are interested in Computer Science so just go for it instead of civil engineering, civil engineering is way to different when compared with computer science..

- There is no course which is said to be easier in engineering... each course as its own subjects which are difficult if you are not interested to study and it will be very easy if you are interested in it..

- Job prospects is really good for both computer science and civil engineering in present.

i hope you like this
23rd June 2011, 11:34 PM
sanjay kumar saini
Senior Member+

Hi,

Both Civil and CSE are good branches.there are lotof apportunity in both branches.

You mention that you are intrested in CSE then i will suggest you to take admission in your intrested branch because in your your intrested branch you can get good knowledge and can get good job.

you should choose subject according to your intrest because without intrest in any work you cant get high success.

There are top IT companies which gives good sellary to his employee.if you get placement in these company it will be very good and you work with intrest.
30th June 2011, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

dear users can you all please advice me which branch should i choose for my engineering course...
i am interested for both civil and electronics and communication branches....
but i dont know which is core branch and what should i choose!!!!!!!!
i am an average student ~

please help me!!!!!!
2nd July 2011, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

I'm interested in doing diploma in music.At present I'm studying 2 in chennai. How to go about it and what is the qualification to do diploma?
Can I di my course after my Civil Enigineering?
5th July 2011, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

which course is better I.t or EEE in tamilnadu svce college(sriperambatur)
7th July 2011, 08:30 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

The confusion regarding choosing of the best branch to study for engineering is a common phenomenon for all students who have passed 10+2. Civil engineering is one of the core branches of engineering. So there is no question of shortage of jobs in this field. CSE is rather a new branch of engineering, which at present is on a real time high. The future cannot be assured. But there would not be any serious job shortage for CSE students in the coming 4 years. So you can relax and join for CSE, for which you have interest.
8th July 2011, 12:24 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

Hello dear

see,Civil Engineering and Computer Science both are different field of engineering.

whether one is core of engineering and other is software engineering.

core branch are more stable than software.

core branch are not effected during the period of recession. where as software industry is fully depend on the market condition.

so core branch is better than software.

all the best.......
8th July 2011, 02:26 AM
Unregistered

Which is better NIT, Durgapur or Bengal Engineering And Science University, Shibpur?
19th July 2011, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

Hai iam anusha i have completed my intermediate with 95% of marks.Now i would like to do B.Tech iam looking through the branches IT,CSE and ECE.Now iam in a state of confusion to choose which among them.Can anyone please suggest me in this regard
20th August 2011, 05:22 PM
dhruv007

you have to decide your own carrier, if you have interest in CSE then go for it. it has better salary package than civil . as your are a average student then civil is may be best for you, civil field is the ever-green field.
21st August 2011, 01:11 AM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
Respected,
both the branches have their own value in their field.if u have intrest in programming then u should choose computer science branch.there is so much scope for a computer engineer nad there is so much requirment for a good programmer.

the other option is also very good one.civil is a growing branch in todays life.u can get campus placement in the college if u do your engineering from a honourable institute.

and its also depend on u and your interest.

all the best
8th October 2011, 08:56 PM
arun.potturu

Hi friend,
As you mentioned you got nice percentage in 12th standard and you are showing interest in CSE.
In which field you are interested go for that don't listen others words.
Now a days computer science graduates are more there is more competition so you have to come out of then with hardwork.
On other side civil engineering is also good and evergreen department.
Take decision carefully and join.
31st March 2012, 02:56 PM
kaveribiswas

You have achieved 65% at your 10+2 level, so you have shown some good performance.

The two courses which you mentioned civil engineering and CSE are having their own career opportunities.

One can have good jobs after the completion of both of the courses. But one small difference is Civil Engineering is ever green and demand for CSE course is high at some times and some times it is not even up to the mark.
12th May 2012, 08:13 AM
Unregistered

Hi,
I'm in a great dilemma..
I have scored 90%marks in the 10 2 level.
I would like to go for engineering. But I'm confused about the stream...
Civil or computer science. which one is better? what about the job prospectus?
please help me!
12th May 2012, 05:29 PM
k.hemanth
Junior Member+

civil and cse both are entirely different with each other............ if you are interested in construction field adopt civil branch...... if you are willing at software then adopt cse........... civil is a evergreen field!
1st June 2012, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

i hv completed my 10 2 with 62% nd i m confused between computer science and civil engineering,plz suggest me which one to choose......,i m interested in both...
30th June 2012, 09:42 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend ,

As you have scored 65% marks in 12th and are in confusion that which stream to choose between civil engineering and computer science engineering , then i would like to tell you that you should choose Computer science and Engineering because this has been the best stream from last five years from job prospects as many IT companies are hiring Computer Science Graduates on higher packages.

But at the same time i would like to advise you that you should choose Computer science if you have knowledge of Computer and have interest in computers and programming because CSE is all about computer programming.

So , i would like to tell you that if you have any type of confusion regarding CSE , then you should opt for CE as , it is also a good stream and you can get job easily in government organizations after completing your B.Tech successfully without any backlogs.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
10th July 2012, 10:44 PM
Unregistered

i have completed 12th with 68% marks i am intrestwd in computer but no one is taking my side every one is suggesting to take civil what should i do ????????????????
11th July 2012, 12:21 AM
gokuls1

heyy dear,
Both branches i.e Civil and Computer Science are very best n gud as far as their status in the market is concerned.. both branches have lot of scope in the market world. job in CSE fields are related to the software world n can take u to higher post in that field. civil engg. also have lot of scope in the field of building design and various construction projects.. SO u can get a job in both fields as per the scope is concerned.
So both are better, do in which u have intrest..
Best Luck...!!!!
15th August 2012, 12:10 PM
siddjain93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Which is better NIT, Durgapur or Bengal Engineering And Science University, Shibpur?
Dear friend,

No doubt NIT Durgapur is the best option when compared to Bengal Engineering and Science University. As NIT Durgapur takes admission through toughest engineering exam AIEEE where as Bengal Engineering and Science University take admission through state level entrance exam WBJEE.

NIT Durgapur has the tag of being NIT and if you see the ranking of engineering colleges , in that also NIT durgapur is in good position when compared to Bengal Engineering and Science University. Also the placement records of NIT Durgapur is best.
15th August 2012, 12:41 PM
siddjain93

Quote:
Respected,
Dear friend,

Why are You confusing between these two branches . You should choose the branch in which you have interest. Interest make every thing best.

If we see in today's world we will found this is a modern era in which there is huge demand of software engineers because we are totally dependent on technology. But India is also a developing country so there is huge demand of civil engineers due to construction work. I will suggest you to choose Civil engineering for the following reasons-

1.Civil engineering is the core branch where as computer science is software branch. And core branch is always better than software branch due to its stability.

2.Civil engineers has wide scope in Public sector , Government sector and also in private sector where in Computer science there is only scope in private companies.

3.Computer science will badly effected by recession where as civil engineers are free from recession.

4.As India is a developing country, so there is lot of construction work is occuring here which makes the civil engineers in greatest demand.

5.Civil engineers are eligible to appear in IES exam where as Computer science engineers are not eligible to appear in IES exam.

6.There is a high competition in software industry. If you will fail to match your self with the latest trends and technology then you will have to loose the job. This thing is not in the civil engineeirng.
25th April 2013, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

I am interested in Mechanical Engineering.But being a girl I face a lot of opposition that its a profession more respectable for boys.What are the limitations for girls in this field?
26th April 2013, 03:09 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Respected,
HI!
I ma happy to say that you have interest in Computer Science Engineering.

If you have interest in this branch then you opt this stream only because it will easy for you you to learn and understand the concept of this.

Don't follow what your family say because in that stream you are not interested.

If you chose the stream which your family is suggesting you than it will become tension for you...

So... chose your own way and get success.....

ALL THE BEST!
9th May 2013, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

Among this which is easy to study and which one have more job opportunities
3rd July 2013, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

Which one have a broad plstform civil or cse..?
20th July 2013, 12:55 AM
Unregistered

I am pass 10th class 72 % ..and i am intrested in computer science ...but ..my dad freind said me ..civil enjineering is best than CSE ..i have biggest giverment job in computer field...
22nd March 2014, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

Which will be in more demand in coming 10 years...comp sci engineers or civil enginners?
27th May 2014, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

I am willing to pursue MBA in Kim and it is my dream... So kindly help which branch I should select in engineering?
30th May 2014, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

which engineering branch has greatest jobs in india civil or computer science engineering
16th June 2014, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

hii im jst completed my 2 my question is that in the case of cse nd ce which have more job assurance? my parents were in interested in ce bt im loveing cse """ i jst hear that job in cse is down ? plz send a clear guideness...
1st August 2014, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

Hai i'm ojaku sunday in uganda and interested in doing civil engineering in a university at diploma level but not in a technical school..But in the university i applyd,i was given diploma in computer science instead of civil and in that technical school which my father made me to apply,i was given civil eng! so what should i do since am also convinced that computer science is a good?????
3rd September 2014, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

i am not good at physics. what should i take csc or civil? i dont like writing programs also
3rd June 2015, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 80.3% in 2nd puc i am totally confused wheather i should choose CENTRE Or CSE pls help me
3rd July 2015, 09:52 AM
Unregistered

Wink Re: Which course should I choose between Civil Engineering and Computer Science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddjain93 View Post
Dear friend,

No doubt NIT Durgapur is the best option when compared to Bengal Engineering and Science University. As NIT Durgapur takes admission through toughest engineering exam AIEEE where as Bengal Engineering and Science University take admission through state level entrance exam WBJEE.

NIT Durgapur has the tag of being NIT and if you see the ranking of engineering colleges , in that also NIT durgapur is in good position when compared to Bengal Engineering and Science University. Also the placement records of NIT Durgapur is best.
ok thanks
25th July 2015, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

Iam completed my 12th with 88%.please suggest me that whether I should opt for CE or cse .And iam very interested in drawings and designs.My father is saying that CE is not best for girls.please get me out from this confusion.
11th August 2015, 12:42 AM
Unregistered

I am confused between civil amd computer engineering.....i have completed one year in cse and now my interest has become in civil.....what should i do should i drop one year and study civil or continue with cse ??? I also have to do mba after btech.....
16th June 2016, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my pu with pcmc and now need to choose the course,but my fear is with cse for future jobs and I'am not good in math and great in cs
Now wat to do plz give me a solution
4th July 2017, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

I am in a confusion.I completed 10 2 with 90% marks .l wanted to make a choice between computer science and civil engineering. Iam interested in civil,but my parents and relatives asks me to to take CSE.they tells that civil will be very much hard for girls.lam really confused and worried about future .please help me out
5th July 2019, 08:52 AM
Unregistered

I am in the state of confusion whether I should go with civil or cse in btech and I pursed my 10 2 with 90% I have interested in both so reply it fast
15th July 2020, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

Which course will be better for me between civil engineering and computer science after scoring 85% in 12th. But I'm interested in civil engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?