1st May 2011, 03:36 PM
prmanoharan

What to choose between computer science and mechanical engineering course after 12th?

I am little bit confused to choose between Computer science and mechanical engineering course after +2. I am waiting for my +2 results. My expected cut-off mark is around 180 out of 200. Please let me know the scope for these 2 courses in the future.

13th July 2011, 03:07 PM
Gita Irudhayaraj
Senior Member+

Default Re: What to choose between computer science and mechanical engineering course after 12th?

hello dear, both courses are having lot of scope. You choose your not only by scope but also with your area of interest.
If you are more interested in computer line, you can surely opt for the computer science engineering.

You have do lot of programs,you have learn some software etc.,

But computer science trend is now increased.

Like wise Mechanical also ,lifetime scope. So, my option is to select in your interest of this two.

Best Wishes,
gita.
27th July 2011, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What to choose between computer science and mechanical engineering course after 12th?

i have completed my BE in Mech. and want to do MS in Comp. or Mechanical designing,please tell me which is better option.
20th August 2011, 05:14 PM
dhruv007

its depends upon you ,what you want from yourself, both fields have life-time scope. but in my opinion computer sciences has better option of better salary pakage. due to the era of modernisation.
21st August 2011, 02:17 AM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
Originally Posted by prmanoharan View Post
I am little bit confused to choose between Computer science and mechanical engineering course after +2. I am waiting for my +2 results. My expected cut-off mark is around 180 out of 200. Please let me know the scope for these 2 courses in the future.
both branches are very good for future prefrence.
there is many scope for both the branches.
if u have interest in porgramming then u have to choose computer science branch.there is so much scope for a good programmer,software devoleper.and u can do any othe course along with engineering.u can learn java,.net languages for future preference.
mechenical engineering is also a very good option u have but its very hard branch as compare to computer science branch.there is many scope for mechenical engineer for public sector.
and its depend on your interest.

all the best
27th August 2011, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

i have a question that which engineer will have many jobs in future .means that computer science or mechnical engineer.
27th August 2011, 11:12 PM
ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000

Dear friend,
It is entirely depends on you,you choose a stream for what you have passion, generally computer science is a stream where you will have to learn all about computer,programming language .
In mechanical you have to learn all about machine and production,it is also very interesting.
You should also know that Mechanical Engineering is tougher than Computer Science.
8th October 2011, 09:16 PM
arun.potturu

I also wish you all the best for to score more marks in 12th.
The computer science and mechanical engineering both department are good.But CSE department has lot competition compared to mechanical.
Mechanical department is evergreen.
Computer science department sometimes may boom come down.
So my suggestion is take mechanical group.
30th May 2012, 07:43 PM
bantidas

Dear aspirant,

Both the courses are having a lot of scope in the present world.

The difference is just that in CS you will have a few students getting packages of very high value but the rest are getting packages below 5 lacs per annum there is no middle income there.

But in mechanical engineering you have packages in all the ranges top, medium and bottom.

So think this aspect as well before taking up your stream.

Thank You..!!
30th May 2012, 10:41 PM
nagendra vijayasree
Senior Member+

Smile Re: What to choose between computer science and mechanical engineering course after 12th?

hello friend

according to me MECHANICAL ENGINEERING is best

even though you may not get the salaries as the IT prfessionals get but keeping aside money

if we think about the interest on the subject and the practical way of learning

if we can expect the future mechanical branch then definitely one who is intelligent enough to decide will fix for the mechanical branch

so it all depends on your interest also

all the best

31st May 2012, 12:17 AM
Sayyed Shahrukh

Cool Re: What to choose between computer science and mechanical engineering course after 12th?

Hello Friend......

both branches are very good for future prefrence.
there is many scope for both the branches.
if u have interest in porgramming then u have to choose computer science branch.there is so much scope for a good programmer,software devoleper.and u can do any othe course along with engineering.u can learn java,.net languages for future preference.
mechenical engineering is also a very good option u have but its very hard branch as compare to computer science branch.there is many scope for mechenical engineer for public sector.
and its depend on your interest.

Thank You!!!!!!!!1
31st May 2012, 03:46 AM
manikantapalli89

Location: g-1, vijaya sai enclave-1, plot no:2, near balaji public school, r.r.v puram-post, visakhapatnam-29

Hi friend,
In my opinion each course has its own importance and scope, so all you need is to opt for the stream which you have interest.
According to my suggestion if you need better placements right after the college then go for CSE where you must know the programming skills.
Coming to the Mechanical engineering its an evergreen branch, and you would be highly paid if you are well known with the subject and highly skilled.

All the best
16th May 2013, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

i did not had computer science as an additional subject in class 12.I am confused about taking up mechanical or computer science in 2..help.....asap
24th May 2013, 06:38 PM
Unregistered

which branch is good in srm university?
2nd May 2014, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

Can we get good salary by taking mecanical engineering in low populated college?
9th June 2014, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

I am confused regarding my interest in cse and mechanical.Please make me able to clear this confusion ?
14th June 2014, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

which is better e&i or cse.please suggest me i am so confused in selecting the branch
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?