14th January 2018, 02:47 PM
Shahin Raj

Which course should I pursue after 12th to be a Scientist and join ISRO?

I'm a science student currently in my High School i.e. and I'm fascinated in being a Scientist and work with The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO). Therefore, which degree should I pursue after my 12th in order to open doors for myself to ISRO?

17th January 2018, 01:15 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course should I pursue after 12th to be a Scientist and join ISRO?

To become Scientist in ISRO you need to fulfill few eligibility requirements which are mentioned below.

Eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should have completed their graduation level degree in PCM related stream with minimum 65% from any recognised university.
- The age limit is 35 years.
- There is 3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ ST candidates.

So, after completing your 12th class education you need to choose any PCM related stream like electronics/ electrical/ aeronautical/ aero space/ or any related stream from any recognised university.

After completing your graduation apply for ISRO entrance test. For more details visit the official website of ISRO.
18th January 2018, 08:31 AM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which course should I pursue after 12th to be a Scientist and join ISRO?

ISRO is short form of Indian Space Research Organisation. You must have minimum graduation degree to apply any job in ISRO. So, first of all you have to apply for JEE examination after completion of intermediate standard. Through JEE examination, you will get the admission in best engineering college. Yes, you have to pursue Bachelor's degree in any of following streams to open doors of ISRO
Mechanical Engineering
ECE
EEE
Aerospace Engineering
Aeronautical Engineering

After completion of bachelor's degree from any well recognized institute, you have to visit the official website if ISRO to get updates regarding vacancies. If there is any vacancy for scientist, you simply apply it and follow the selection process.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?