12th January 2012, 08:06 PM
rupesh0764

Difference between study pattern for IAS and PCS? Which one is more tough?

Sir I want to know what is the difference in study pattern between ias and pcs? Which is more tough?

12th January 2012, 09:05 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Difference between study pattern for IAS and PCS? Which one is more tough?

hai frnd .....................
Difference between IAS and PCS:
ndian administrative servies, abbreviated as IAS ,
it's based on the services of the india Govt.
The exams for post of IAS are conducted at the nation based scale , and cabdidates from all over the country
the IAS offers are recruited by the union govt of india under the advice of union public service commissions.

Provincial civil services , abbreviated as PCS , are actually the civil based administrative services of the state govt.
these officers relate to the policy making of the state to which they belong.
selected through an entrance test conducted by the state based public service commission
13th February 2012, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Difference between study pattern for IAS and PCS? Which one is more tough?

I AM31 years old lady . I have done m.com ,B.ed. now i want to become P.C.S officer. can I. if it is possible how to prepare for this.please help me
26th February 2012, 10:30 PM
mohitsahu2512

The IAS is the executive civil service branch of Government of the Republic of India. The IAS officer plays a vital role in the Central and state governments. They are the officers who have strategic positions across the country. The IAS officers are employed by the Union government through the UPSC exam.

The PCS or the Provincial Civil Service is basically the governmental services of the State Government. PSC officers mostly deals with the policy making process of the state to where they are allocated. The recruitment of the PCS officer is mainly through the PSC exam. Candidates who are the domicile resident of a particular state can only apply for the PSC.
12th April 2012, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir..myself Gireesh kumar,21 years old,preparing for civil services examinations..n I wanted to be an Ias officer at vary 1st attempt..pls suggests me how could I achieve my goal n realize my dream..
12th April 2012, 10:04 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear

Difference between IAS and PCS exam:-

IAS is for Central Services whereas PCS is for State Govt. positions. See the abbreviations stand for Indian Administrative Services and Provincial Civil Services The States were known as Provinces in British times in India ...

Good Luck...............
22nd May 2012, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

I am studying in XII COMMERCE stream,after my XII i want to go in field of income tax or deputy commisioner.What's the procedure for the same,also which field i should opt for ?.Also tell syllabus for exams & way to prepare for exams.So,please help & guide for the same.
18th August 2012, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

I am doin b.sc. Final .... So... I am able to do pcs.. Entrance clear ??
Plz... Make me clear this
20th September 2012, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

how to start preparing for upsc? is there going to be a pattern change for mains as well...?
8th January 2013, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

ias pcs both of them which one is very tough
24th May 2013, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

I am student of b.c.a second year ,plz suggest me which one is best for me-IAS/PCS/BANKING.And which subjects help me in the preparation of these exams. And I am able to do these .Can I prepare both IAS and Banking?
It is the correct time of doing these courses or Ihave to do anyother education related courses or i have to complete my b.c.a and m.c.a..
Plz, suggest me fast..... .
7th June 2013, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

is there is need to prepare different syllabus for ias and pcs exam or both are same in accordance to new pattern
12th August 2013, 01:00 AM
Unregistered

what post i would got after qualifying pcs exam
28th August 2013, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

i m graduate in B.A (history) recently .i want to become I.A.S officer. how can i start ? please give me yours suggestions.
23rd December 2013, 10:50 AM
Unregistered

which one is toughest IAS or PCS
20th January 2014, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

i want to know best book for pcs preparation
25th January 2014, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

both are tough
9th April 2014, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

I want to give suggestions that mostly persons asked that which one is mote tough bw IAS nd PCS....
i want to say if ee work hard then no one is tough and if we dont work hard then both r tough....mera mtlb bss etna hai esme hum kuch asan aur kuch bhi mushkil nhi hai....ye sab hmare potential and confidence pr depend hai
so u choose which one u like without think abt which one is easy...
i think u people like my suggestion if u like thn plzz reply me...!!
Priyanka Sharma LLB student.
27th July 2014, 10:43 AM
Unregistered

I wants to know the difference in pattern of preparation for IAS and PCS
YAMINI B.Sc complete
22nd September 2014, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

Are there seprate exams for ias nd pcs? How many vacancies are there in ias nd pcs
5th November 2014, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

what is last age for pcs service ?
i m B.A in English,I got 50% marks in B.A, Should i prepare for civil service or not ?
How many attempts , we have for Gen...
20th January 2015, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

IAS exam is a nation based examination and pcs is a state level exam and residents of the particular state can appear but seats are also reserved for other state candidate. Both of the exams are at the same pattern three steps pre mains and interview but IAS ie. Civil services exam is considered more tougher and only few top 70 are awarded the rank of IAS or more depending on vacancy but maximum 80 and rest are given the ranks according to the preferences given.BUT IF YOU HAVE DETERMINATION,CONFIDENCE AND HARD WORK NO EXAM IS TOUGH BEST OF LUCK!!!!!!!!!
23rd June 2016, 06:13 AM
Unregistered

Sir i am geeta i want a ias officer. I don't. Know ias syllabus .so pls tell me ias sllabus.
11th June 2017, 01:40 AM
Unregistered

I want to clear psc exam but in my state their is no good quality coaching classes so can i prepare for upsc exam in dehli coaching classes....there are very good quality of coaching institution
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?