14th September 2016, 01:45 PM
auto electrician

Diploma student can seek admission in 3 years LLB without 12th?

I have completed diploma in engineering in the year 1989 with 59% after 10th class and never appeard in 12th class after diploma. I have passed B.Tech in mechanical engineering from Iase sardarsher rajasthan in the year 2007 with 69% marks. Sir i want to seek addmission in l.l.b 3 years. Whether i am
eligible to seek admission without 12th or not

14th September 2016, 07:23 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Diploma student can seek admission in 3 years LLB without 12th?

Yes, you are eligible to pursue LLB course. LLB stands for Bachelor of Legislative Law and it is three year undergraduate course.

The eligibility to get admission in course is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from recognised university. There is age no limit to pursue course.

So, you can take admission after qualifying in entrance examination conducted by respective institutes.
14th September 2016, 08:01 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

LLB stands for Bachelor of legislative Law and as the name suggests it is bachelor degree course after pursuing which you will become an advocate or a lawyer.

--> Basically, LLB courses are offered in two types which are as discussed below :-

* Type I ) LLB course of three years, for those who want to pursue the same course after completing their bachelor degree course in any discipline from a recognized university.

* Type II) LLB course of five years, for those who want to pursue the same course after their higher secondary school degree or any equivalent degree in any discipline from a recognized board.

So being a Mechanical engineering degree ( which is a bachelor degree course ) pursuer you are certainly eligible for pursuing LLB course of three years as diploma is considered to be equivalent to higher secondary school degree.
14th September 2016, 09:45 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for three year LLB course after pursuing Bachelor's degree even if you haven't appeared for 12th.

LLB stands for Bachelor of Legislative Law. It is a three year duration bachelor's degree law course. Admission to LLB course is based on the merit list of CLAT exam.

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test .

The eligibility criteria required to get admission in LLB degree are as under :-

-The candidate must have completed graduation with at least 55% marks (40% for reserved category) in any discipline from a recognized university.

-There is no restriction on upper age-limit for admission. However, a candidate must have completed at least 17 years of age on the date of application.

Syllabus for the exam consists of

Elementary Mathematics

General English

General Knowledge

Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning.
14th September 2016, 10:52 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto electrician View Post
I have completed diploma in engineering in the year 1989 with 59% after 10th class and never appeard in 12th class after diploma. I have passed B.Tech in mechanical engineering from Iase sardarsher rajasthan in the year 2007 with 69% marks. Sir i want to seek addmission in l.l.b 3 years. Whether i am
eligible to seek admission without 12th or not
L.L.B or Bachelor of Legislative Law is the graduate law course offered by Indian Universities. The course duration for L.L.B. is generally 3 years. However, there are 2 options to pursue an undergraduate law degree.

One, is 3 years course whose eligibility is graduation in any field and the other is integrated which is 5 years duration course for 10+2 students.

So, it is important for the candidate that he/she should have completed 10+2 to pursue Law course.
14th September 2016, 10:55 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Being a B.Tech in mechanical engineering you are eligible for appearing in LLB ( Bachelor of legislative law ) 3 years course as for the same course is a minimum educational requirement is a bachelor degree course in any subject from a recognized university.

Also as far as you are concerned about not having a regular Class 12th passed certificate then as it is quite clear that for your desired course all it matters a bachelor degree course. Even it would have mattered then also you would have been eligible as diploma is equivalent to regular Class 12th degree.
15th September 2016, 07:15 PM
kachhadiyasarika
Member+

You are only eligible for 5 years LLB course, but not eligible for 3 years LLB course. For that, You need to qualify the entrance exam CLAT.

CLAT Entrance Syllabus
- Elementary Maths
- General Knowledge
- General English
- Logical Aptitude & Logical Reasoning

CLAT Important Dates
- Notification : December , 2016
- Application Process Starts From : January , 2017
- Last Date of Application : April , 2017
- CLAT Exam : May , 2017
7th March 2018, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my diploma in mechanical engineering with 64% I'm eligible for llb
9th June 2019, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

Good morning sir I did my diploma in computer Engineering i don't do 12th may i eligible to do law?
28th July 2019, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

I did my diploma in E& C Engineering. May I eligible to do LLB? I am 45 years old.
29th March 2020, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

Sir. I am completed diploma and degree....So appear for 3 year LLB course
8th April 2020, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

Can I pursue msc after engineering?
27th May 2020, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

I am diploma and lateral degree holder can I study llb.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?