17th June 2011, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

To do engineering should I choose diploma or 12th? Scope in engineering?

Respected sir/mam,
''i am acbse student &have recently passed 10th standard plzzz tell me what will be good to become an b.e enginear. diploma or 12th plzzzz sir tell me fast and also tell is there scope for enginearing plzzzzzzzz

17th June 2011, 11:17 AM
sachin6

Default Re: To do engineering should I choose diploma or 12th? Scope in engineering?

You choose diploma. Because your btech course needs practical knowledge.that gives you in diploma. Another advantage is you are directly join the 2nd year.
17th June 2011, 12:53 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: To do engineering should I choose diploma or 12th? Scope in engineering?

Quote:
To do engineering should I choose diploma or 12th? Scope in engineering?
You can Do either Diploma or 12 after 10th.

If you do Diploma which is of 3 years course, after that you can opt for Job or you can continue with Engineering Field.

If you Go for Diploma after 10th you have vast scope and for Every Entry , For Every Job You are Eligible But

In case you choose 11th and 12th after 10th then you have to appear for Exams after 12th to get admissions into Engineering Colleges.

after Diploma you will be admitted directly to 2nd year.

So , Go for Diploma you will be having vast Scope ahead.You will be having more Options to choose in Future.

You can Go for Jobs after Diploma but not after 12th except for Army jobs.

So, its your choice now, Go ahead wisely.

Good Luck
17th June 2011, 01:00 PM
asharma1982

I would suggest 12th+ Engineering. Having a 'degree' is important, graduation will open many career/education avenues in future.

Regards,
AS
www.edusutra.com
17th June 2011, 01:31 PM
KARPAGAM NITHIYANANTHAM

hi friend,
you complete 12th and do engineering,because diploma is not a perfect course for engineering and also if you go to company also they'll select only the person one who complete 12th and did engineering,because for the diploma students the opportunity is less in IT companies...so choose your best carrier.

all the best
17th June 2011, 02:08 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

Hello friend ....
If you want to do the engineering degree in future then both 12th and the diploma would help you do that ..

But by doing the 12th board and then going for the engineering would help you to get into the top colleges and universities of India through the entrance exams .

And if you do the diploma then you will get the chance to get direct entry into the 2nd year of the engineering if that college has the provision of the Lateral Entry .

The problem with diploma is that not all the colleges and the universities provide the provision of the Lateral Entry .

But then by doing the diploma degree you get the opportunity of getting a job just after completing the diploma itself or you can even go for the higher education .

In diploma you are taught more of the practical things in your particular branch and that is very helpful in the future engineering degree and in getting the job also .

And by doing the 12th board you get the chance of getting admission in the top engineering colleges and the universities through the entrance exams like that of the IITJEE , AIEEE , BITSAT , WBJEE , ORISSA JEE , COMEDK , and many others .

By doing diploma you can also do the engineering by getting admission directly into the 2nd year thorough the entrance exams like that of the JELET , and other particular exams of the engineering colleges and universities exams which take the admission of the Lateral Entry students ..

Lastly I would say that it totally depends on you what you want to do ...

So best of luck ....
17th June 2011, 03:29 PM
raja badam

Good question from yours side
First you think about or analysis your self and to raise question in your mind that is,What am i do in future? that is to become a great soft ware engineer? or to become a Professor? or to become good employ? and , after that think about your financial back ground

If you want to job necessary in 3 years you go diploma side.it leads to you bright future.

If you want to become a Professor you must join in diploma,you will get a good subject.

If you want to become soft ware engineer you join in diploma because you can very easy to get subject in the experience of three years diploma.

after that diploma you will write a ECET for the entrance of engineering in second year.

If you do not want to do engineering you choose 12th..
if your thinking power is change and want to do engineering,you must write to EAMCET for entrance of first year in engineering

think about your self take a ideal decision and change you life color full...
All the best for your carrier....
Thanking you....
17th June 2011, 03:36 PM
sarawgi.ankit

Location: District & session court Dindori disst. Dindori (MP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected sir/mam,
''i am acbse student &have recently passed 10th standard plzzz tell me what will be good to become an b.e enginear. diploma or 12th plzzzz sir tell me fast and also tell is there scope for enginearing plzzzzzzzz

hello ....

Both are good option for build ur career ....
if you want to build ur career in engineering than you can go either Diploma or 12th...
both are benificial for engineering .....

if you want to do engineering with top colleges of india than do prepration for IIT JEE or AIEEE..... i think it is possible to do prepration with continution of ur schooling i maen 11th n 12th ....becauase of Diploma student have too budden for study imean semester study as well as prepration .....so i would be to difficult .....
so i suggest you that if you want a top engineering college so go though 12th after ur 10th

good luck
17th June 2011, 05:11 PM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

You have completed your 10th.
To apply for Engineering you need to first complete your 10+2 exam as an basic eligibility criteria.
According to me you should first complete your 12th & then later on try for Enginering.
You can try for Diploma after 10th but that will not be preferable.
It would be better for you to first complete your 12th & then try to crack various state & national levels entrance exams conducted throughout.
You can try for many competitive exams like IIT-JEE,AIEEE,etc.
Engineering has wide scope & provides with lots of career opportunities.
So you have choosed one of the best career fields.
17th June 2011, 06:01 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:
Respected sir/mam,
What to do to become an engineer after 10th ?

You can join any course according to your interest. If you want to go in

the technical course after completing 10th std. then you can join diploma

course and after completing diploma course you can takes admission in

the B.Tech course by lateral entry examination. After diploma you can

takes admission in the direct 2nd year of B.tech course.

And if you want to do 11th and 12th std. then you can get admission in

the any school with the science stream as the physics, chemistry and

mathematics as the main subject.

So, now depend on you in which field you want to go. Before choosing

any field think twice on that field.

Regards
~Mukul~
17th June 2011, 06:44 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Respected sir/mam,
i think you shold choose 10+2 with science stream because after that competition is not hard for b-tech admission.

but in the case of diploma , every college have few seats for diploma candidate so here you have facing lots of problem.

in case of company Requirement they are prefered only b-tech student.

so i thik you can choose 10+2 with science stream.

thanks

all the best.
17th June 2011, 08:36 PM
kritika kaushik
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Re: To do engineering should I choose diploma or 12th? Scope in engineering?

Quote:
Respected sir/mam,
Hey
It's all depends on you to select what to do.
If you do diploma which has the duration of 3 years then you get the job and then you continue with the engineering field.
If you do 12th then you go for the entrance exams like aieee,iit,ip and then you get the admission in b.tech.
You should go for the btech with the top most college so that you get the good job with a great sum.
All the best...
17th June 2011, 11:24 PM
venkatgct

Quote:
Respected sir/mam,
FRIEND,

To become an engineer can do either a diploma or pursue 12th.

DIPLOMA:

this focuses primarily on the field u choose lik electrical, mech, etc,... u wil be more knowledgable in that concerned field only. u wil be job ready once u complete this.

12TH:

the intermediate or 12th is a more wide option and u are given the option to choose between a wide range of engg branches.. but u are not job ready.

RESULT: my personal recomendation is that u choose to do 12th, with which u will hav a wide understanding of concepts..

regards..
17th June 2011, 11:47 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

After 10th standard, one can pursue higher studies by opting for plus two. You can do diploma courses too after 10th also. But it’s better to do diploma course after plus two. Degree & diploma courses are also available in Engineering. A bright future is there for engineering. Mechanical, Electrical and Automobile Engineering etc are available in India.
18th June 2011, 06:01 AM
dineshpandiyan

Smile Re: To do engineering should I choose diploma or 12th? Scope in engineering?

you can do engineering or diploma . you study 12 and do engineering for 4years or you study diploma and do engineering for 3years.
19th June 2011, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

would i get addmmission for diploma because i have scored only 81% and my caste is obc
22nd June 2011, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

listen simply if you want to do technical course then choose diploma ,it is better than 10 2.really
29th January 2012, 06:04 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Respected sir/mam,
HI.
I you want to become an engineer then you not do diploma course.
After 10th you opt PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY AND MATHS and complete your 11th &12th class.

After passing 12th with you apply for exam like:-
> A.I.E.E.E
> I.I.T-J.E.E.
> B.I.T.S.A.T
> S.R.M.E.E.E
etc

There is lot scope after passing B.E with good marks.
You can apply for govt or private job.

GOOD LUCK!
31st January 2012, 11:57 PM
mani_baban

Smile Re: To do engineering should I choose diploma or 12th? Scope in engineering?

You can Do either Diploma or 12 after 10th.

If you do Diploma which is of 3 years course, after that you can opt for Job or you can continue with Engineering Field.

If you Go for Diploma after 10th you have vast scope and for Every Entry , For Every Job You are Eligible But

In case you choose 11th and 12th after 10th then you have to appear for Exams after 12th to get admissions into Engineering Colleges.

after Diploma you will be admitted directly to 2nd year.

So , Go for Diploma you will be having vast Scope ahead.You will be having more Options to choose in Future.

You can Go for Jobs after Diploma but not after 12th except for Army jobs.

So, its your choice now, Go ahead wisely.

Good Luck
10th February 2012, 06:10 PM
Unregistered

Sir. I have passed my 10th four years ago nd i was with my family buissniss. Now i want to do computer engeneering now. So wt i have to do to take admission in diploma in govt. College?
9th June 2014, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

I want to go for engineering,what shoud I go for diploma after tenth or 11 n 12? and if opt diploma which branch shoud iI choose?
18th June 2014, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

What we can call a software enggineering degree b.e or btexh or any other and which?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?