13th August 2017, 12:01 PM
yanshika sharma

Do I need to complete MBBS degree to become a Psychatrist in future?

Do I need to complete MBBS degree to become a Psychatrist in future? I just have completed my 12th standard now. Can you please give me the criteria which is followed for this? What are the steps to follow next? Please give me the suggestion.

14th August 2017, 07:41 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Do I need to complete MBBS degree to become a Psychatrist in future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanshika sharma View Post
Do I need to complete MBBS degree to become a Psychatrist in future? I just have completed my 12th standard now. Can you please give me the criteria which is followed for this? What are the steps to follow next? Please give me the suggestion.

Yes, you need MBBS degree to become Psychiatry because psychiatry is a specialization of medical stream. To become a psychiatry you must have MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery) degree followed by MD in psychiatry. Duration of MD Psychiatry course is 3 years. There are different colleges offer MD psychiatry course and are as follows:-

List of Colleges Offer MD Psychiatry Course:-

1). Manipur University.(Imphal(Manipur)).

2). Siddhi Vinayak College of Professional Studies.(Panipat(Haryana)).

3). Pandit Bhagwat Dayal Sharma University of Health Sciences.(Rohtak).

4). Armed Forces Medical College – AFMC.(Pune(Maharashtra)).

5). Dr. DY Patil Medical College.(Mumbai(Maharashtra)).

6). Baba Farid University of Health Science.(Faridkot).

7). Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences – DMIMS.(Wardha(Maharashtra)).

8). Central Institute of Psychiatry – CIP.(Ranchi(Jharkhand)).
15th August 2017, 09:31 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I need to complete MBBS degree to become a Psychatrist in future?

Yes, you have to pursue MBBS ( Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery ) and MD ( Doctor of Medicine ( MD ).

The other essential qualification are :

Diploma in Psychology.

DNB Psychiatry.

After pursuing all the above courses you will become eligible to become Psychiatrist in future.
15th August 2017, 01:58 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

MBBS ( Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery ) and it is necessary to pursue the course for becoming a Psychiatrist.

The eligibility to become Psychiatrist is candidate must have passed MBBS course.

Other than MBBS candidates also have to pursue MD and Diploma in Psychiatrist course.

After pursuing the above course will be eligible for selection as Psychiatrist.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?