13th August 2017, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

Can a candidate start a Teaching career in Law after completion of the course?

Can a candidate start a teaching career in law after completion of the course? What are the minimum criteria required? Can someone please suggest me with the details on this? It will be helpful if you can provide me with the answer soon. Thank you.!

14th August 2017, 06:50 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a candidate start a Teaching career in Law after completion of the course?

Yes You can start career in teaching in Law also. First of all you should complete graduation then after post-graduation. After that you should go for Ph.D and after completing it you can apply in any Law college.

Some of the law colleges in India are given below:-
National Law School of India University, Bangalore
Gujarat National Law University
NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad
BHU, Varanasi
Symbiosis Law School, Pune
ILS Law College, pune
Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
Amity Law School, Delhi
14th August 2017, 07:40 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can a candidate start a Teaching career in Law after completion of the course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can a candidate start a teaching career in law after completion of the course? What are the minimum criteria required? Can someone please suggest me with the details on this? It will be helpful if you can provide me with the answer soon. Thank you.!

If you want to become a lecturer of law then you have to get LLM(Masters of Laws) and then after masters degree in law you can apply for NET(National Eligibility Test) Exam which is carried out every year by UPSC to determine the eligibility of Indian nationalist for lectureship post . After you clear the exam you are eligible to become a lecturer in law field. To apply for NET exam you have to score minimum 55% marks in your post graduation degree. Relaxation of 5% marks for SC/ST category candidate. After you clear the NET exam you are awarded with a government lectureship .
14th August 2017, 10:23 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can start your career in teaching field after completing your course. To enter into teaching field you need to fulfill some eligibility requirements which will be mentioned below.

Eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should have done their masters level degree or equivalent degree in related stream with a fair percentage from any recognized university.

For private colleges they conduct interviews based on your performance in the interview you'll be appointed as teacher and given a beginner salary.
For government colleges you need to attend entrance exam named NET/ SET for becoming a lecturer/ professor/ assistant professor. You need to apply, attend and qualify in the entrance exam and based on your performance in the exam you'll be given a job. For notifications, application forms you can visit the official website of NET/ SET.
15th August 2017, 02:56 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

1. You can teach in private colleges or coaching institutes for law courses. But you can not become lecturer or Assistant Professor in government colleges. To teach in government colleges, you should pursue Master's degree in law called LLM.

2. After LLM course, you should apply for National Eligibility Test to become lecturer in government colleges.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?