30th April 2018, 01:32 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in APTET for Mathematics postgraduate?

Sir, I have completed my MSc in Mathematics. I want to apply and appear in APTET. So, I am eligible or not for applying in APTET? Please let me know about this as soon as possible. Waiting for your response!

25th May 2018, 08:34 AM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in APTET for Mathematics postgraduate?

AP TET (Andhra Pradesh Teachers Eligibility Test) is an Entrance Exam conducted by the Department of School Education, Andhra Pradesh.

The eligibility requirements varies for class I - V & class VI - VIII which are mentioned below:

Category 1 (class I - V):
- The candidate should have studied 10+2 or its equivalent education with 45% & a 2 years diploma in elementary education.
OR
- 10+2 or its equivalent education with 50% & a 4 years Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed).
OR
- 10+2 or its equivalent education with 50% & a 2 years diploma in elementary education.
- There is percentage relaxation for reservation candidates.

Category 2 (class V - VIII):
- The candidate should have a BA/ B.Sc/ B.Com degree & a 2 years diploma in elementary education.
OR
- BA/ B.Sc/ B.Com with 50% & 1 year diploma in elementary education.
OR
- BA/ B.Sc/ B.Com with 45% & 1 year diploma in elementary education.
OR
- BA/ B.Sc/ B.Com with 50% & a 4 years Bachelor of Elementary Education.
- There is percentage relaxation for reservation candidates.

Since you have studied M.Sc in mathematics, you need to study any 1 year or 2 years diploma course in elementary education and apply for the AP TET exam.

For syllabus of the exam you can check the PDF.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?