14th January 2016, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to write CAT exam being a OBC category with 45% in graduation?

I have 45 percent marks in graduation. I fall under OBC category. Can I sit for cat exam?

15th January 2016, 03:07 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to write CAT exam being a OBC category with 45% in graduation?

CAT stands for Common Admission Test. It is conducted by Indian Institute of Management for Master of Business Administration.

Eligibility criteria:

>>Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for exam.

>>Minimum percentage of marks in bachelor's degree is 50%.

No, there is no percentage relaxation for OBC candidates also. You can not apply for exam with 45% marks in bachelor's degree. You can apply for some other exams like MAT, XAT, SNAP etc for management course.

15th January 2016, 03:08 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to write CAT exam being a OBC category with 45% in graduation?

For general and OBC category 50% marks in the required marks in graduation to become eligible for CAT. There is relaxation of 5% only for SC/ST/PWD category.

If you belong to OBC and have less than 50% marks then you can try your luck in GMAT/XAT which doesn't have any percentage restriction. These scores are also accepted by many top colleges.

15th January 2016, 04:46 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have 45 percent marks in graduation. I fall under OBC category. Can I sit for cat exam?
Sorry, you are not eligible for CAT (Common Admission Test) examination. For CAT examination the eligibility is a pass in graduation with 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ST). The eligibility pdf link is given below
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CAT_Eligibility.pdf(244.0 KB, 28 views)

15th January 2016, 07:55 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for CAT examination. CAT examination is conducted by IIM for admission in MBA course.

To appear for entrance examination candidates need minimum 50% from any recognised university in any discipline but relaxation of 5% for SC/ST candidates. There is no age limit to appear for examination.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination.

15th January 2016, 07:57 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

CAT is Common Admission Test.

Eligibility to write CAT exam is:

1. Graduation from a recognized university. Candidates in final year of bachelor's degree is eligible for exam.

2. Minimum percentage required for general and OBC candidate is 50%.

With 45% marks in graduation, you are not eligible for CAT exam.

15th January 2016, 08:00 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to write CAT examination after completion of your Graduation with an aggregate of 45% marks from a recognised university being a OBC category candidate. To be eligible to appear in CAT examination, you must have completed Bachelor's degree course with minimum aggregate of 50% marks from a recognised university. Since, you have not secured 50% aggregate marks in your Graduation, you are not eligible to write CAT examination.

15th January 2016, 10:39 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

For Common Admission Test conducted by Indian Institute of Management, general and OBC candidates must have 50% marks in bachelor's degree.

You can not apply for this exam with 45% marks in bachelor's degree.

16th January 2016, 12:39 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

CAT stands for Common Admission test.

No, you can not apply for CAT exam because you have only 45% marks and the minimum marks required to apply for CAT exam is 50% marks in general category and OBC category.

So, you can not apply for this exam.

16th January 2016, 12:50 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
CAT stands for Common Admission Test.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized with above 50% marks are eligible for CAT exam. Final year students are eligible for CAT exam

There is no marks relaxation for OBC candidates. SC/ST candidates are allow to get 5% marks relaxation for CAT exam.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?