23rd February 2011, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria to apply for ISRO SC examination?

Respected sir,myself balram kumar currently in final year of my
engineering(computer science branch) willing to fill up the form of
isro to the Post of SCIENTISTS/ENGINEERS 'SC' in the diciplines of
COMPUTER SCIENCE. But i have only 64.5% aggregate till 7th sem of my
degree.but one thing is also there that i will make it aggegate above
65% after 8th sem. so sir,can i be eligible for this post...? please
reply me as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply in HAL and DRDO ISRO after completing B.Tech from EEE? What is the eligibility criteria and the mode of examination
  2. Eligibility and procedure to get a job in ISRO?
  3. What is the procedure followed to join ISRO after completion of graduation? -- [New]
  4. Eligibility criteria dn procedure of doing internship in ISRO? Jobs available in ISRO for M.Sc Statistics student?
  5. Details of job opportunities in ISRO for ECE students? Eligibility to appear its recruitment exam?
  6. Can I apply for ISRO Entrance Exam after the completion of B.Tech in IT? What is the criteria for ISRO Entrance Exam?
  7. Names of public sectors where I can apply while doing B.Tech IT? When to apply for it and what is the eligibility criteria?
  8. Eligibility criteria for ISRO examination and what are the current vacancies?
  9. Will there be any jobs in Space centers for candidates of M.Sc. Organic Chemistry?
  10. ISRO entrance examination eligibility after securing 42% in Statistics Honors
  11. Am I eligible for ISRO exams after completion of M.Tech course after B.E?
  12. How can I join Indian Army if completed 10th being a 24 years old candidate?
  13. Am I eligible for Bank PO Exam having secured 60% in 12th and 65% in Graduation in CSE?
  14. Information regarding Entrance Exam for ISRO after the completion of 12th? Required Eligibility criteria for this? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. What is the syllabus for ARO entrance exam?
  16. Eligibility to apply in ISRO VSSC Graduate Apprentice recruitment?
  17. Eligibility criteria to apply for ISRO SC examination?
  18. How much marks are enough in 12th for NDA?
24th February 2011, 05:47 PM
kanikabansal22aug

Default Re: Eligibility criteria to apply for ISRO SC examination?

Hello

If you are sure that you can have aggregate above 65% after 8th Sem,then you can fill the form,because they are demanding 65% in your Qualifying degree,not upto 7th Sem.

Moreover,they have not mentioned anywhere to submit the marksheets alongwith the application form.You need them at the time of interview.At that time your final results would have been disclosed,i believe.

Here is their Selection process,Just read it carefully:

Selection Process:

"The candidate should have First Class with minimum 65% marks in the Qualifying Degree ie, BE/B.Tech or equivalent." Please note that this qualification prescribed is the MINIMUM requirement and the same does not automatically make candidates eligible for written test. Based on the academic performance and bio-data, initial screening will be conducted to short-list candidates for taking-up written test. The written test will be conducted on 16th April 2011 [Saturday] at thirteen venues viz., Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai , New Delhi and Thiruvananthapuram. However, the Organisation reserves the right to cancel/change the written test venue and re-allot the candidates to any other test centre. The call letters for the written test to the short-listed candidates will be sent only by e-mail during the last week of March 2011. Based on the performance of the candidates in the Written Test, candidates will be short-listed for interview , the schedule and venue of which will be notified. Candidates attending the interview will be reimbursed to and fro second-class train fare by the shortest route from the address given in the application to the place of interview.

I am attaching a file.Just find it below for your confirmation what i have written above.
Attached Files
File Type: doc isro.doc(38.0 KB, 414 views)
24th February 2011, 07:31 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
The minimum educational qualification for ISRO Sc examination is a BE/BTech with first class and an average of 65% in all semesters.
The maximum age limit for the same is 35 years for general candidate, 40 years for candidates belonging to Sc/St category and 38 years for candidates belonging to other backward caste.
For further information, click here
25th February 2011, 02:54 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

If you think that your aggregate marks will cross 65% after 8th semester then

you are surely eligible to apply for the exam.

As per eligibility criteria you should have 65% aggregate marks and you are supposed

to produce your result by the month August of this year.

So, presently there is no problem in applying. Your application will be accepted but

if you qualify the examination the joining will be subject to your final result above 65%.
25th February 2011, 03:06 AM
sanjay kumar saini
Senior Member+

Hi,

Eligibility condition for entrance exam of ISRO is you should have aggregate min. 65% after the complition of graduation.

If you are surely intrested to join ISRO you should make aggregate 65%.

In 8th sem. you are eligible for ISRO entrance exam.but after clear entrance exam you require 65% marks.

If you can make 65% aggregate then you can join ISRO.

Best of luck.
25th February 2011, 06:03 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Surely you can apply for the post. But you must ensure that you work hard and bring up your score above 65%. Also you can appear for the exam when you are in the final year. But you will need to provide your certificates at the time of joining. Incase you are unable to secure an aggregate of 65% you will disqualified.
25th February 2011, 08:20 AM
mishra245

Eligibility Criteria :
Qualification : First Class Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering /. Technology in the respective disciplines. For Library Science : Bachelor’s degree + First Calss degree / Diploma in Library Science. First Class Diploma in Engineering / Technology obtained after attending course of not less than 3 years in the resective disciplines. For Commercial Practice : SSLC with 50% marks or Graduation + First Class diploma in Commercial Practice / Modern Office Practics.
25th February 2011, 08:43 AM
omprakash sharma

Hi,
If you think that your aggregate marks will cross 65% after 8th semester then

you are surely eligible to apply for the exam.

As per eligibility criteria you should have 65% aggregate marks and you are supposed

to produce your result by the month August of this year.

So, presently there is no problem in applying. Your application will be accepted but

if you qualify the examination the joining will be subject to your final result above 65%.
25th February 2011, 08:44 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA OF ISRO SC EXAMINATION

(1)AGE-35 years as on the last date prescribed for receipt of application(40 years in case of SC/ST candidates and 38 years for OBC candidates)

(2)EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION -Engineering or equivalent in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% (Average of all semester). final year students can also apply if they can produce the certificate when needed.

(3)FEE-There will be an application fee of Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred only). For each application, Demand Draft details need to be filled at the time of on-line registration.

For more information , please visit the official website of isro that is -www.isro.gov.in.

according to condition mentioned by you , you have only 64.5 % marks . you are not eligible because isro needs atleast 65% marks aggregate. hard luck
25th February 2011, 09:18 AM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Hello Friend,

Eligibility criteria for ISRO examination are as follows: -

1. Nationality - Indian

2. Age Limit - 21 Years to 30 Years for general candidates, 21 Years to 33 Years for OBC candidates and 21 Years to 35 Years for SC / ST candidates.

3. Educational Qualification - A candidate should be graduate in any engineering stream with 65 % aggregate marks from a regonised institute / university.

For more details visit www.isro.co.in

Good Luck
25th February 2011, 11:32 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria to apply for ISRO SC examination?

If You Are Interested To Apply for ISRO SC Exams, Then For this You Have BE/B.Tech or Equivalent Degree in First Class with an Aggregate minimum of 65% In Electronics, Mechanical And Computer Science.

And Candidates who are Slated to Complete the BE/B.Tech Course in the Academic Year 2010-11 Are Also Eligible to Apply Provided final Degree is Available by 31/Aug/2011.

So, Please dont worry, You are Eligible to Apply for ISRO SC Examination.

And Selected Candidates will be Appointed as Scientist/ Engineer 'SC' in the Pay Band of Rs. 15600-39100 + 5400 (Grade Pay). The Gross Emoluments in the Minimum of Scale will at Present be Approximately Rs.30,450/- Per Month.

So, Just prepare for This Exams To get Sucess.

And If You Are Interested to Get More Details, Then I will Suggest You Just Visit the Official Websites -

http://www.isac.gov.in/CentralBE/advt.jsp
25th February 2011, 12:13 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria to apply for ISRO is a graduate in BE/B.Tech or equivalent in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65%.

Candidates who are about to complete the BE/B.Tech course in the academic year 2010-11 are also eligible to apply provided you can show them your degree by 31.8.2011.

so it is seen that you are eligible to apply for the Post of Scientist/Engineer 'SC' in the discipline of Computer Science(post no.- BE003)

to apply for the post click here.
25th February 2011, 04:14 PM
goldin

you can apply
refer this link to clarify
http://www.isro.org/scripts/job.aspx
26th February 2011, 03:46 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Eligibility for Isro Exam 2011:

Education Qualification:
  • BE/B.Tech or equivalent in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% (average of all semesters for which results are available). Candidates who are slated to complete the BE/B.Tech course in the academic year 2010-11 are also eligible to apply provided final Degree is available by 31.8.2011
Age Limit:
  • 35 years as on 28-02-2011 (40 years in case of SC/ST candidates and 38 years for OBC candidates, Ex-serviceman and Persons with Disabilities[PWD] are eligible for age relaxation as per Govt. of India orders).
For more details visit: www.isro.co.in

You are eligible.........................

Regards
Kapila
27th February 2011, 01:44 PM
wagle
Senior Member+

hiiiiiiiiiii

For this You Have BE/B.Tech or Equivalent Degree in First Class with an Aggregate minimum of 65% In Electronics, Mechanical And Computer Science.

And Candidates who are Slated to Complete the BE/B.Tech Course in the Academic Year 2010-11 Are Also Eligible to Apply Provided final Degree is Available by 31/Aug/2011.

Age Limit:
35 years as on 28-02-2011 (40 years in case of SC/ST candidates and 38 years for OBC candidates, Ex-serviceman and Persons with Disabilities[PWD] are eligible for age relaxation as per Govt. of India orders).
For more details visit: www.isro.co.in
12th March 2011, 12:57 PM
vallikrishnaveni

Sir, I'm 2009 passed out B.Tech(IT) with 69%, I have applied for ISRO this year. In many forums they are telling even though it is mentioned that 65% is eligiblity criteria, they are calling who scored more than 70% for written test itself, Is that true? may I expect written test hall ticket for ISRO? Kindly reply ASAP, I'm very confused about this, But I'm very passionate abt Department of space,Defence.. And pls tell when will the announcement for DRDO will come?

Thanks in Advance
veni
26th March 2011, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

when anouncing screening test result
5th April 2011, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

Talking Re: Eligibility criteria to apply for ISRO SC examination?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected sir,myself balram kumar currently in final year of my
engineering(computer science branch) willing to fill up the form of
isro to the Post of SCIENTISTS/ENGINEERS 'SC' in the diciplines of
COMPUTER SCIENCE. But i have only 64.5% aggregate till 7th sem of my
degree.but one thing is also there that i will make it aggegate above
65% after 8th sem. so sir,can i be eligible for this post...? please
reply me as soon as possible.
no you are not eligible for this exam..... thank you for the participation !!!
21st February 2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
no you are not eligible for this exam..... thank you for the participation !!!
Hi all,
I am willing to apply for the post of SC in ISRO, but we, students of Mumbai University, have not yet received our Sem 7 marks. The form requires the marks of Sem 7. I also send an email to the people of ISRO regarding this problem, but no reply from their side. What should I do in that case? Please help...
21st February 2012, 12:30 PM
shodhan2012

Unhappy Re: Eligibility criteria to apply for ISRO SC examination?

Hello all,
I am willing to apply in ISRO for the post of SC. but in the form, we are asked to enter marks of Sem 7, and, we have not yet received marks of sem 7. I also emaile the authorities about this problem, but no reply from their side. Hence please help me to solve this problem.
Thank You.
30th September 2017, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

Can Second class B.com graduate student eligible for ISRO written exam? Post UDC
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?