4th December 2010, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria of NET exam?

I have completed my MBA. Now I want to appear for the NET Exam. please confirm me the criteria for that.

7th December 2010, 12:10 AM
ramakant sharma

Smile Re: Eligibility criteria of NET exam?

criteria for national eligibility test that is net is you should have masters degree . hence you have MBA you are eligible to sit in NET exam.
7th December 2010, 12:29 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria of NET exam?

Dear friend

Eligiblity for appear in NET Exams -

Candidates belonging to the General Or Other Backward Classes, who have secured at least 55% marks in Master's Degree examination in Humanities and Social Sciences, Forensic Science, Environmental Science, Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Sciences etc. are eligible to appear for this examination.

Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree final year examination and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this Test.

UGC NET Examination Fee -

For General candidates, the examination fee is Rs.450/-; for Other Backward Classes the fee is Rs. 225/- and for SC/ST/PH/VH candidates, it is Rs. 110.

If you want to get more detail, then please visit the official websites of NET exams -

www.ncbc.nic.in

www.ugc.ac.in/inside/net.html
7th December 2010, 11:30 AM
saswata06

You have to aquire a master degree to be eligible for NET exam.
5th January 2011, 08:07 AM
Unregistered

For sitting in a NET exam you should have a master degree !
7th January 2011, 10:46 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my MBA. Now I want to appear for the NET Exam. please confirm me the criteria for that.
dear friend.

yes.i think your eligible for the net exam.see the official website.
visit the link : http://www.successcds.net/Entrance-Exam/CSIR-UGC-NET-National-Eligibility-Test-JRF.html
9th January 2011, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

i am a first year M.A.. am i eligible
10th January 2011, 04:26 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Lightbulb Re: Eligibility criteria of NET exam?

Quote:
Dear friend,
one master degree is required for sit in National Eligibillity Test or NET exem...
10th January 2011, 06:26 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Quote:
Hi,

Go to this link for detailed information about NET eligibility:
http://www.ugc.ac.in/inside/neteligibility.html

All the Best..
15th January 2011, 11:50 PM
Unregistered

i am doing b.tech now.may i eligible for NET exam?
20th January 2011, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

I have done MBA correspondence. So I am eligible for NET??
27th January 2011, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

i have completed M.SC.with 65% and B.SC.With 51% in chemistry(hons). may i am eligible for csir net june 2011 ?
31st January 2011, 05:41 PM
mychandru024

You are eligible provided you have scored atleast 55% in your UG.
2nd February 2011, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

I have don M com Correspondence, So i am eligible for NET??
11th February 2011, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have an bachelor Degree of BCA then I will appear for SET or NET Both or any 1
14th February 2011, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

My 10th exam with 63% marks, 10 2 43% marks, graduation with 58% marks,post graduate withh 60% marks. Am I eligible for NET exam for 2011? Please answer.
15th February 2011, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed CS from Institute of Company Secretary of India (ICSI)
Am I eligible for NET
I dont have Masters degree????
(ICSI) is deemed university or not....?????
Please reply....
24th February 2011, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

what is the age limit for SET exam
1st March 2011, 04:04 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Qualification Criteria for NET exam
The candidates must have completed Post Graduation in the desired subject. They must have secured Master’s Degree with a minimum of 55% from any reputed college under UGC recognition. The candidates appearing for last semester exam can even attend NET exam. Thirty Five years is the maximum age limit. There is relaxation of 3 years OBC and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

<H4 style="MARGIN: auto 0in">Age limit and relaxation for 2011 UGC NET</H4>For JRF (NET): Minimum 19 years and maximum 28 years (upper age limit may be relaxed up to 5 years as in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC, Physically handicapped/Visually handicapped and female applicants.
For LS (NET): Minimum 19 years . No upper age limit.
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]

8th March 2011, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

what if one has less than 55% in PG, OTHER OPTION TO APPEAR FOR NET EXAM?
18th March 2011, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am doing mca 1st year so i am eligible for net exam?
19th March 2011, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

im doing my second semester in M.A (philosophy). am i eligible to appear my net exam
16th April 2011, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

sir i m mca final year student i have 70%aggregate upto 5sem.but i got grace in first year am i eligible for set exam.
13th May 2011, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

i have done my MA in psychology correspondence from ignou.am i eligible for NET
3rd June 2011, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

I want to know whether Company Secretary (C.S.) is eligible for the NET Exams or not? If any one knowns then Kindly provide me guidance in this regard.

Mukta
7th July 2011, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

dear sir/mam,
can i do net EXM if i have 54.19% IN M.A SOCIAL SCIENCE,WHAT CRITERIA 4NET EXM.
8th July 2011, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

whats the age limit for this examination?
9th July 2011, 02:46 PM
darji.tejas1989
Junior Member+

Dear candidate,
After the master degree you are eligible for applying the NET exam. Eligibility criteria for NET exam is 55% in your master degree and you must have the clear concept regarding your master's subjects.

Best of luck for your exam!
15th July 2011, 12:14 PM
hevid

after MCA eligible to write NET exam
26th July 2011, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

i have completed My B.ed in Economics & English. so i have question can i apply for the NET Examination.
28th July 2011, 10:02 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

hi,
Eligibility
Master's Degree examination in Humanities and Social Sciences, Forensic Science, Environmental Science, Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Sciences etc. are eligible to appear for this examination.

Master’s degree final year examination are also eligible
31st July 2011, 09:38 PM
kartikayan

Hi dear,

Eligiblity for appear in NET Exams -

Candidates belonging to the General Or Other Backward Classes, who have secured at least 55% marks in Master's Degree examination in Humanities and Social Sciences, Forensic Science, Environmental Science, Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Sciences etc. are eligible to appear for this examination.

Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree final year examination and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this Test.

UGC NET Examination Fee -

For General candidates, the examination fee is Rs.450/-; for Other Backward Classes the fee is Rs. 225/- and for SC/ST/PH/VH candidates, it is Rs. 110.

If you want to get more detail, then please visit the official websites of NET exams -

www.ncbc.nic.in

www.ugc.ac.in/inside/net.html
Thanks
1st August 2011, 12:52 AM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
For appearing for the NET exam a Master's course is a must. It should be from a recognised institute. Also you need to have secured 55% marks. Since you are qualified you can apply. This is provided that you fulfill the other criteria's. Also you can appear for this exam at any age as the age limit has not be specified. You can appear for the exam either in June or in December. Also there is no limit on the number of attempts. You will need to select Management as a subject. Try solving the previous year paper and be careful not to attempt questions which you are not sure of. You can visit the official site for the details.
2nd August 2011, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my Master of Science in Information Technology (MSc IT) from Punjab Technical University,jhalandar (Distance Education) in the year 1997-98.Now i want to appear for NET Exam.Please confirm me the criteria for that. Am i eligible for appearing in the said exam?
3rd August 2011, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

i have completed M.Pharm. can i appear for NET exam?? please help me u can mail me at [email protected]
thanx.
4th August 2011, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
I am MCA 3rd year student 7.0 upto 4th sem. Can i eligible for NET exam?
8th August 2011, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

I had done my mca master degree so i think iam eligible to ugc net.
12th August 2011, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

HI,
I HAVE COMPLETED "PGDMBA" FROM SYMBIOSIS PUNE. THE DURATION OF THE COURSE WAS 2YRS-4YRS.
M I ELIGIBLE FOR THE NET EXAMS"
14th August 2011, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

if i do mca degree from distance mode, may i elegible for net exam?

Momita
26th August 2011, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

I have done pgdca and after that M.Sc I.T in lateral entry scheme .Am i eligible for net? please reply soon.
31st August 2011, 07:45 PM
sanju38121

For the NET exam you should have a PG degree in any stream. For more details please go to www.ncbc.nic.in

all the best.
2nd September 2011, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir, I am MBA from sikkim manipal university with 55%.I am eligibal for Net exam.
3rd September 2011, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

sir i m doing M.Sc. in Footwear Technology so, How can i appear in NET exam???? Please suggest me.... My e-mail id is [email protected]........
4th September 2011, 09:16 PM
Unregistered

i have done m.com. in abst iam in obc catagory and my percentage is something between 53% to 55% my age is 42 can i appear in net exam of 2011-2012
7th September 2011, 02:01 AM
Unregistered

i m PGDMBA from symbiosis pune with 55% marks . am i eligible for net exam? plz tell me its urgent
28th September 2011, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

I have complete my MBA (finance) . Can i eligible for net exam?
9th October 2011, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

i have done PGDM in marketing and want to appear in NET exam so can i appear in exam????
10th October 2011, 03:48 PM
kinika

Eligibility Criteria for appearing in NET Examination

a) Qualifications
Candidates belonging to the General/Other Backward Classes (OBC) who have secured at least 55% marks (without grace or rounding off in Master's Degree (or equivalent) examination in Humanities (including languages) and Social Sciences, Forensic Science, Environmental Science, Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Sciences etc. are eligible to appear for this examination. Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST) category and Physically Handicapped (PH)/ Visually Handicapped (VH) candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without grace or rounding off) in Master's degree (or equivalent) examination are eligible to appear in the NET examination.

Those candidates who have even secured 54.99% marks or below (even 49.99% marks or below for SC/ST & PH/VH candidates) in Master's Degree or equivalent Examination are NOT eligible for this Test. THERE IS NO PROVISION OF ROUNDING OFF OF MARKS TO MAKE IT 55% (50% FOR SC/ST and PH/VH).

Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing at the qualifying Master's Degree examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this Test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of JRF/Lectureship eligibility, only after they have passed the Master's Degree examination (or) equivalent with at least 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PH/VH candidates) within one year from the date of UGC_NET examination under consideration.In case, these candidates fail to obtain their P.G. Degree/Mark-sheet within one year from the date of the relevant UGC_NET examination, they will be treated as disqualified.

Only those candidates, who have completed/ are pursuing a UGC specified degree as given in Item No.18, are eligible to appear for NET examination.

The Candidates should appear in the subject of their Post Graduation. However, the candidates whose Post Graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects given at item No. 13 below, may appear in the subject related to their Post Graduation subject.

Candidates should note that their candidature is provisional. The mere fact that an admission card has been issued to a candidate shall not imply that the Commission has finally accepted his/her candidature. Candidates may note that their candidature will be deemed final upon verification of eligibility conditions with reference to the documents enclosed with their application. The Commission may call for any document(s) at a later stage to verify the eligibility of the candidates.

^TOP

b) Exemption from NET (Eligibility for Lectureship)
For M.Phil/Ph.D. candidates: NET shall remain the compulsory requirement for appointment as lecturer even for candidates having Ph.D. degree. However, the candidates who have passed their M.Phil degree by 31st December 1993 or have submitted their Ph.D. thesis to the University in the concerned subject on or before 31st December 2002 are exempted from appearing in the NET Examination. In case such candidates fail to obtain Ph.D. degree, they shall have to pass the NET Examination. The candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF Examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in the NET Examination.

For SLET Candidates: The candidates who have cleared the State Level Eligibility Test (SLET), accredited by the UGC for Lectureship prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in the NET Examination. For SLET examinations scheduled in or after June 2002, the qualified candidates shall be eligible to apply for the post of Lecturer only in the university/colleges belonging to the state from where they have passed the SLET Examination. However, such candidates are also eligible to apply for appearing in the NET.

c) Age Limit and relaxation

There is no upper age limit for candidates appearing only for eligibility for lectureship

Applicants for Junior Research Fellowship should not be more than 28 years of age as on the first day of the month in which the NET Examination is to be held. For example, in case of NET to be held on 20.06.2004, a candidate born on 01.06.1976 or later is eligible because his/her age on 01.06.2004 is exactly 28 years or below; but any candidate born on or before 31.05.1976 shall be considered overage.

Age relaxation for JRF: Age relaxation up to 5 years is available to SC/ST/OBC/ Physically Handicapped (PH) / Visually Handicapped (VH) / Women candidates. Relaxation, up to a maximum of 5 years, supported by a certificate from appropriate authority, is applicable to the candidates for the period spent on research/training in the related/relevant subject of post graduation. Candidates possessing LLM. Degrees are also permitted for relaxation in age up to a maximum of three (3) years. Total age relaxation on above grounds shall not exceed five (5) years under any circumstances
12th October 2011, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

I scored 67% in M.phil but got 54% in MA. May i eligible for NET exam?
19th October 2011, 01:02 AM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

iThe National Eligibility Test (NET),conducted by University Grants Commission (UGC) to determine eligibility for
lectureship and
for award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) .

The Test is conducted twice(months of June and December) in a year in Humanities (including languages), Social Sciences, Forensic Science, Environmental Sciences, Computer Science and Applications and Electronic Science like SET(State Eligibility Test).

Eligibility:
1:You should have Master Degree from a recognized University and Colleges,you can also apply for the exam if your Result Awaited category, if you are appearing or has appeared in your final year of M.Sc. or equivalent degree examination.

2:You have to secure minimum 55% of marks in your Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination
3:There is no age limit for applying for lectureship.

4:If you apply for Junior Research Fellowship ,your age should not more than 28 years.

For previous year papers visit:http://www.successcds.net/Entrance-E...on-Papers.html

for more details visit:http://www.ugc.ac.in/inside/net.html#intro

www.ugcnetonline.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?