10th March 2011, 10:28 AM
goutam sahare

Eligibility for GATE for student of 3rd year B.Tech, 54% marks in 12th standard and from SC category?

My son score in XIIth 54% and now study in B.E. 3rd year. Now I want to he prepare Gate Entrance Examination. I am S.C. candidate. Can he was eligible for this exam. please suggest me.

Related Questions:
  1. Can a B.Tech 3rd year student be eligible to give GATE examination?
  2. How should I prepare for GATE? I am studying B.Tech 3rd year in EEE
  3. Eligibility to appear for GATE while doing M.Sc Maths 3rd semester and after scoring 54% marks in first year? -- [New]
  4. List of names of software and hardware companys where I can apply for my job?
  5. Which branch is better for GATE, either EC branch or EI branch? I'm a student in NIT(Rourkela) in 3rd year with 9.46 CG
  6. Eligibility for TCS campus placement after 67%, 72.25% and 59.6% marks in B.Tech, 12th and 10th standard? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. How to prepare for GATE after doing 3rd year B.Tech in computer science
  8. Selection procedure and examination date of NTPC recruitment exam?
  9. What is the eligibility criteria for general category? I am a 3rd year CSE B.Tech student?
  10. How can I prepare for GATE entrance exam? I am a 3rd year computer science student
  11. Minimum percentage require for SC/ST students to get admission in Delhi University for B.Com?
  12. When should I attend GATE exam after doing B.Tech 3rd year electronics
  13. Can a student study B.Tech(Biotechnology) without studying Biology in 12th? Eligibility to get admission?
  14. How much time one should devote for GATE preparation?
  15. Eligibility criteria for doing internship in Hardware companies?
  16. How to prepare for GATE exam? I am a B.Tech 3rd year ECe student
  17. How to prepare for JTO entrance exam? I am a 3rd year B.Tech student
  18. Number of attempts for GATE Exam and Validity of GATE score card being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
10th March 2011, 11:04 AM
vinchel

Default Re: Eligibility for GATE for student of 3rd year B.Tech, 54% marks in 12th standard and from SC category?

Yes you can write GATE. They need pass in 10/12 and B.E.
10th March 2011, 11:16 AM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility for GATE for student of 3rd year B.Tech, 54% marks in 12th standard and from SC category?

Hello,

Eligibility for GATE exam are as follows: -

1. Pass B.E. or B.Tech or equivalent degree in Electronics & Communication Engg. or Mechanical Engg. or Computer Science Engg. or Chemical Engg. or Electrical Engg. or equivalent with a minimum of 65 % aggregate marks from a recognized Institute / University.

2. Nationality – Indian

3. Age - 21 Years to 30 Years for General candidates, 21 Years to 33 Years for OBC candidates and 21 Years to 35 Years for SC / ST candidates.

NOTE: - Final year appearing candidates can also apply for GATE exam.

Good Luck
10th March 2011, 12:19 PM
S.Gopiram
Junior Member+

Yes your son is eligible for the GATE exam.
eligibility:
Degree holder in engineering/technology/architecture and those in final or pre final year of such courses.
10th March 2011, 12:20 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Eligibility for GATE for student of 3rd year B.Tech, 54% marks in 12th standard and from SC category?

yeah ....

definitely he can attempt the GATE exam..

the GATE pannel is not at all considered about Intermediate i.e., 12th percentage..

all your son need is ...

aggregate of 60% in B.tech till semester.

and that's all its enough..

your son is perfectly eligible to attempt GATE exam..

for any further querries just click on this link

www.onestopgate.com

all the best

~aditya~
10th March 2011, 12:51 PM
yogs.singh

yes your son is eligible for the gate exam .
for gate you only need to have bachelor degree ,there is no age limit,no restriction on numbers of attempts . you can also apply in pre-final and final year .

with good score you can get admission for m.tech in iits and nits.
10th March 2011, 01:09 PM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

Inorder to appear for GATE exam you need to be an B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch/P.G. student .
GATE does not has any percentage criteria so he is definetely eligible.

Note:
GATE marks are valid for 2 years.
You can appear for GATE exam any no. of times.

There is no restriction in GATE exams.

For more details you can visit the following website:
http://www.gate.iitb.ac.in/gate2011/index.php
10th March 2011, 02:01 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Once you qualify the GATE exams.You can apply for colleges,by post your complete information of your education qualification to the number college,you wish to join.

At the time of intake,they will call you for interview,if you full that interview,you will be getting admission in that college.

If you are not having confidence to attend interview.In this case you can apply for colleges, which does not conduct interview,they will taking directly with Gate score.

Some of the colleges does not conduct interview are
-NIIT'S
-some IIT'S also
10th March 2011, 02:13 PM
krupadesai

Yes of course, he is eligible for appearing in the gate exams.

Eligibility criteria for gate exams are:

- Bachelor's degree holders Engineering/ Technology/Architecture/Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.

- Master degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.

- Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology or in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme and Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.

This year the gate exam has already been conducted. But he can start preparing for the next year. Exams will be in February.

Wish him good luck & try his best to crack the exam with good score.
19th March 2011, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

if there is a one year gap between 12th & B.tech is than anyone be eligible for gate exam?
9th May 2011, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

i am a detainded candiadate in btech.but i have 65%.can i apply for gate exam?
22nd May 2011, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

% for betech student for appearing GATE exam
22nd May 2011, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

ELGIBITY % REQUIRE FOR B-TECH STUDENT FOR GATE EXAM
4th August 2011, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

am btech 4-1 sem in jntu under can i apply for gate and my overall three years % is58 and i secured 71% in 12th
4th August 2011, 10:42 PM
Sehwag6

Thumbs up Re: Eligibility for GATE for student of 3rd year B.Tech, 54% marks in 12th standard and from SC category?

Eligibility for gate exam:-
**graduation aptitude test in engineering
**finished your graduation in engineering or master degree
**final year graduates are also eligible
**no age limit for gate exam
**number of attempts is unlimited
**it ts the entrance for m.tech
i can attach some papers of gate
get good gate score and get good and top college
all the best
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ee11.pdf(576.2 KB, 76 views)
File Type: pdf EE-2010.pdf(139.2 KB, 85 views)
File Type: pdf EE-GATE-09.pdf(140.7 KB, 76 views)
5th August 2011, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

how much no required in 12th class sc catagory student for get examination
29th August 2011, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
m dng btech 3rd yr nw i've got a gap of 4yrs b/w 2nd nd 3yr n my aggregate is 63%.
m i eligible to apply for gate exam
30th August 2011, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

hello, i m student of 3rd year I.T..B.E. is i m able to give GATE entrance exam?
22nd November 2011, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

AFTER COMPLETING MASTERS IN BIOCHEMISTRY(51%) AM I ELIGIBLE FOR GATE EXAM... FOR DOING P.HD ..
12th April 2013, 02:07 PM
pokeman

dear friend,,,,

Eligibility for GATE for student of 3rd year B.Tech, 54% marks in 12th standard and from SC category

1.no age limit for gate exam

2.graduation aptitude test in engineering

3.final year graduates are also eligible

4.finished your graduation in engineering or master degree

5.it ts the entrance for m.tech

6.number of attempts is unlimited

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
15th June 2013, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

my daughter secured 62% in intermediate doing btech it she got detained in 2-2sem due to insufficient attendance she have 56% aggregate in btech does she eligible for gate, is this effect her future? please suggest her a good future plan.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?