29th July 2018, 01:18 AM
Chandan Kumar 46085

Eligibility to study MBA in IIM for Sociology graduate with 5 years gap?

Hello everyone, I want to do MBA but I don't have any experience. I have done BA in Sociology around 5 years ago. So, am I eligible to study MBA in IIM? Please help me to know about this asap. Thank you!

31st July 2018, 08:17 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study MBA in IIM for Sociology graduate with 5 years gap?

IIM refers to Indian Institute of Management and IIMs are regarded as top business schools in India for pursuing management courses.

For admission in IIMs, a candidate has to appear in CAT〔Common Aptitude Test〕which is held once every year by IIMs following a rotation policy.

Further, the minimum education required for appearing in CAT is a bachelor's degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks from a recognized university. Marks relaxation of 5% is applicable for candidates belonging to SC/ST or PH category.

So, having completed your graduation degree course i.e; BA in Sociology, you are eligible for appearing in CAT if you have secured the minimum marks required in graduation degree as per your category. Gap within the academic degree does not have any impact on the candidate's eligibility.

For more details concerning to CAT or IIM admissions, you can refer to the link www.iimcat.ac.in.
1st August 2018, 12:26 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study MBA in IIM for Sociology graduate with 5 years gap?

As far as you are concerned about pursuing MBA 〔i.e; Master of Business Administration〕 degree course from IIMs 〔i.e; Indian Institute of Management〕 then for the same you need to qualify CAT 〔i.e; Common Admission Test〕which is held by IIMs once every year.

Further, for appearing in CAT, the minimum education required is a bachelor's degree in any stream with at least 50% marks from a recognized university. Marks relaxation of 5% is applicable for SC/ST or PWD category candidate.

So, being a graduate degree holder in Sociology,you are eligible for appearing in CAT and therefore admissions in IIMs if you have secured 50% marks in your graduation degree or 45% marks if you belong to reserved category. Gap within the academics does not matter for one's eligibility.

For more details regarding CAT, you can visit its official link www.iimcat.ac.in.
29th December 2020, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

Iam doing MA in sociology now, can I join IIM for MBA after completing MA? Will MA sociology boost my chances to getting IIM?
30th December 2020, 06:08 PM
SHRESTHATHAKUR

As far as you are concerned about pursuing MBA 〔i.e; Master of Business Administration〕 degree course from IIMs 〔i.e; Indian Institute of Management〕 then for the same you need to qualify CAT 〔i.e; Common Admission Test〕which is held by IIMs once every year.

Further, for appearing in CAT, the minimum education required is a bachelor's degree in any stream with at least 50% marks from a recognized university. Marks relaxation of 5% is applicable for SC/ST or PWD category candidate.

So, being a graduate degree holder in Sociology,you are eligible for appearing in CAT and therefore admissions in IIMs if you have secured 50% marks in your graduation degree or 45% marks if you belong to reserved category. Gap within the academics does not matter for one's eligibility.

For more details regarding CAT, you can visit its official link www.iimcat.ac.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?